...if worst case, bbry does go bankrupt in the future, that would probably at least take a couple years which by that time, you would probably want to upgrade your Q10 anyway.
    07-30-13 08:15 PM
    Blackberry's stock is number one on my Google Now widget on my Android smartphone......
    I stopped reading after this first sentence..... am I'm the only one that sees this? negative title, very low post count, reference to competing brand yet claims to like or want BB.

Maybe it's me, call me paranoid, but just doesn't pass the smell test.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-30-13 08:19 PM
    Don't forget that in the pre-Steve Jobs days Apple was in MUCH worse shape that BBRY. They developed a product line, got a vision for the company, and acquired some discipline (sound familiar?) which brought them to their current state. It didn't happen overnight. I see BBRY in much the same situation. Apple is stagnating, and its customers are leaving in droves, which does not spell success. BB is currently working its way through a complete make over, with a far simpler product line that should help it in all markets, not just the US. A recipe for a positive future. And still with 60 million users.
    Leaving in droves? They sold 31 million iphones last quarter.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    07-30-13 08:25 PM
    BlackBerry is global, they sale in just about every country except Japan.

Look at the big picture, take a look at there stock in Canada and the UK for example.

The USA is just one market, I think BlackBerry will be around for a long time, it is a great product!
    ibpluto likes this.
    07-30-13 08:29 PM
    Maybe misread but $1200 a month in daycare?
    Yes it can cost that much. Real world is expensive! Hopefully I keep my Q10 a long time!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:31 PM
    Yes it can cost that much. Real world is expensive! Hopefully I keep my Q10 a long time!

Posted via CB10
    At $1200 a month in daycare, either both parents should be making bank or it is more profitable for one to stay at home and raise the child.

A childhood friend of mine worked two jobs while his wife went to college. After she finished they had a baby and she went to work. Because of daycare costs and his limited skillset, he became a stay at home dad.
    07-30-13 08:39 PM
    I think you have misunderstood what I wrote. I did not base anything I typed above on reports from others. This is based on my personal daily following of their stock and app store and crackberry articles over the past 12 months (yes, I am referring to when Kevin was still growing his hair until BlackBerry 10 wad released.).

Hopefully that clarifies things for you.
    Fair enough. Thank you for your comments. I can tell from your original post that you do like BlackBerry and seem to want it to succeed.

Right or wrong, I think there are other people thinking in those lines as well. Only time will tell. Untill then, I am enjoying my Z10 (and PlayBook) every day.
    07-30-13 08:41 PM
    At $1200 a month in daycare, either both parents should be making bank or it is more profitable for one to stay at home and raise the child.

A childhood friend of mine worked two jobs while his wife went to college. After she finished they had a baby and she went to work. Because of daycare costs and his limited skillset, he became a stay at home dad.
    Dont forget swim lessons, gymnastics, maybe speech therapy. It adds up fast! I have heard of many cases where it is cheaper for a spouse to stay at home.

Yes, just enjoy your Z10!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:43 PM
    Looking at stock prices when buying phones? Hahaha

What has happened to Apples since the iPhone 5 was released.. dropped 40%, what happened to Samsung since the S4 oh dropped 20%

Buy a phone because you think it works for you. The doom and gloom isn't as bad as most make it to be... will they eventually go under at this pace.. probably but not this year or next so your phone will be needing an upgrade anyways.

My opinion. The Z10 is the most amazing phone I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone.

Posted via Z10
    07-30-13 08:53 PM
    Maybe misread but $1200 a month in daycare?
    Yeah, that is pretty cheap for decent daycare in my area. There are half day daycare here that requires you to pick up your kid by noon and they cost upwards of $1,400 per month.
    bekkay likes this.
    07-30-13 09:27 PM
    For me the main reason I bought blackberry is because it works for me. The interface, the usability, the battery life. I dont care if blackberry is here tomorrow or not. It's just a phone and it will continue to work with or without blackberry. I got more important stuff to think and do (like which leaks to test and install ;-)) than think about blackberry's future. I can control my future, let them worry about theirs.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-30-13 09:28 PM
    I stopped reading after this first sentence..... am I'm the only one that sees this? negative title, very low post count, reference to competing brand yet claims to like or want BB.

Maybe it's me, call me paranoid, but just doesn't pass the smell test.

Yeah, maybe you should read a little further where I point out that my first smartphone was a Blackberry 8330 and my second smartphone was a Blackberry Tour 9630. Don't knock me for providing a more comprehensive account of my mobile phone usage to assist in explaining my concerns.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-30-13 09:42 PM
    I agree with you about the rose colored glasses. I guess it is like someone telling me to buy a Palm device with WebOS in 2010. WebOS was discontinued in 2011 despite many fans wearing rose colored glasses talking about how they were just going through a rough patch, but would recover.
    but theres a differnce between BlackBerry and palm, BlackBerry has no debt and they have 3.1 billion in the back as of last earnings call, if it wasn't for an issue with gettign paid, they would have been near break even. the issue here is if they continue to lose market share and not sell devices taking huge losses and really run things stupidly then yeah they may not be around, but to take a loss like 3 million with 3.1 billion in the back then it would take very many quarters for them to even go backrupt. in that time frame many things could change including the company perception. their products are there they just are not pushing them and letting the market know that they do have quality phones that are fully capable

they just need to work on changing how peopel see themand the investor mindset claiming they are not going to exist doesn't help their cause in the least, its actually probably whats hurting them more now then it ever did
    07-30-13 09:43 PM
    Yeah, maybe you should read a little further where I point out that my first smartphone was a Blackberry 8330 and my second smartphone was a Blackberry Tour 9630. Don't knock me for providing a more comprehensive account of my mobile phone usage to assist in explaining my concerns.
    Ya ya ya ya.......whatever

07-30-13 09:51 PM

Yeah, you had nothing of value to add to the general discussion, but decided you needed to type something because you like to make your presence known. Congratulations, you have accomplished your goal. I encourage you to add some thoughts of value to the discussion. It seems like a lot of people care in general about this topic and a lot of good answers have been given.

Good luck formulating something interesting to add to the discussion.
    Jamez Avila, imz and Etios like this.
    07-30-13 09:59 PM

he's not wrong and alot of people think the same way holding them back from buying a BlackBerry because they think they won't be around long enough to support it. i can't tell you how many people have told me that, i had my uncles bone head brother tell me to sell my shares and take a tax lose based on a point that BBRY isn't giving subscriber numbers and that no one wants a BlackBerry becasue they will die and no one wants a phone that won't be supported.

its very common and like i said earlier a good chunk of whats going one stems from analysts views on the company and stock and that the media feels liek it has to broadcast this saying all the time
    07-30-13 10:00 PM

It ceases to amaze me the number of people like you who joined late 2012 or early 2013 that feel you have the right to call people out who have been fans of RIMM/BBRY for years.
    07-30-13 10:17 PM
    Yeah, you had nothing of value to add to the general discussion, but decided you needed to type something because you like to make your presence known. Congratulations, you have accomplished your goal. I encourage you to add some thoughts of value to the discussion. It seems like a lot of people care in general about this topic and a lot of good answers have been given.

Good luck formulating something interesting to add to the discussion.
    Here is something to add

Is it relevant that you follow the stock on your "Google widget "?

Perhaps a title of "concerned for developer support due to stock price "

Deciding on a phone because of stock price? Guess you will stay away from windows as well?

Subtle...give you that. There is a trend emerging thou, many are taking notice

Allow me to offer some advice. You want a qwerty phone? Get the Q10, you WILL not find a better qwerty device......regardless of stock price.

07-30-13 10:19 PM
    he's not wrong and alot of people think the same way holding them back from buying a BlackBerry because they think they won't be around long enough to support it. i can't tell you how many people have told me that, i had my uncles bone head brother tell me to sell my shares and take a tax lose based on a point that BBRY isn't giving subscriber numbers and that no one wants a BlackBerry becasue they will die and no one wants a phone that won't be supported.

its very common and like i said earlier a good chunk of whats going one stems from analysts views on the company and stock and that the media feels liek it has to broadcast this saying all the time
    Understand that, he is correct in this regard...not what I take exception to

07-30-13 10:20 PM

Most of the time when I show people my phone or talk about BB, they say they heard that BlackBerry is failing or going bankrupt. So public perception is very skewed. It will just take time. I am hoping things like the ridiculously large bulletin boards advertising BlackBerry in places like NYC will slowly start to change the perception and get people interested. They even have interactive kiosks with large screens to show you how BB10 works.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:49 PM
    I think Long Term, this stock drop is probably the best thing that could have happened

I have been a die-hard BB user for several years. I will defend the Z10 vehemently. The Hub, user experience etc etc.

When it comes to the stock, I see this.

With approximately 1/3 of the stock being sold short. There were a massive amount of people twisting data, publishing false facts, and doing whatever they could to keep the stock down. All the negative publicity was very effective, and it scared away a great number of potential users. Now that the stock has dropped to a point where a large majority of the shorts can sell and make money. I'm hoping a lot of the negative publicity will begin to dissipate and people will begin to realize that the phone is superior to all others.
    07-30-13 10:56 PM
    Agree that it's the best OS...took a few updates but we are cooking now. Stock will look after its self and I really don't bye the argument of shareholder value determining a device purchase, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:03 PM
    Agree that it's the best OS...took a few updates but we are cooking now. Stock will look after its self and I really don't bye the argument of shareholder value determining a device purchase, sorry.

Posted via CB10

It's not the share value but the negative publicity put out by the shorts

That's what I meant
    07-30-13 11:28 PM
    The stock currently is slightly overvalued at $8.70 per share IMHO....
    ...It needs to drop more to generate the impetus for BBRY to get busy.
    ...And start "aggressively" addressing the platforms current failures.

The stock will then start to tick up allowing the company to get out of it's own soiled bed....
    ...Make no mistake about it good people - BBRY is wallowing around in it's own mess right now.
    ...Currently the company is incontinent and will remain that way until such time it does something about it.

If the Stock drops another $1.50 I will roll the dice and take the gamble and buy some more.....
    ....I believe the 3rd world market share is enough to keep the company on life support.
    ...Until such time BBRY gets sick and tired of rolling around in it's own fecal matter.
    07-30-13 11:42 PM
    Don't forget that in the pre-Steve Jobs days Apple was in MUCH worse shape that BBRY. They developed a product line, got a vision for the company, and acquired some discipline (sound familiar?) which brought them to their current state. It didn't happen overnight. I see BBRY in much the same situation. Apple is stagnating, and its customers are leaving in droves, which does not spell success. BB is currently working its way through a complete make over, with a far simpler product line that should help it in all markets, not just the US. A recipe for a positive future. And still with 60 million users.
    I wouldn't go so far as say they're leaving in droves. Let's not exaggerate here. If there's ever a time to be realistic, it's now.
    07-30-13 11:58 PM
156 1234 ...