Some major buys being made today in advance of results reporting. BB's stock has surged almost 10% today. Will be interesting to see if this is an aberration or the beginning of a recovery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ce71 likes this.
    12-10-15 01:27 PM
    Some people already know, and I wish I knew
    12-10-15 01:34 PM
    And as soon as I spoke, it broke 10%. An incredible gain for a day, especially if it sustains up to closing time.

12-10-15 01:34 PM
    It is SURGING. It's broken three levels of resistance so far. Next stop, $8.40.

12-10-15 01:39 PM
    This big a move, this close to the earnings release, is usually a bit suspect. Maybe something has leaked. Maybe another rumor is making the rounds. But regardless of the reason, it is certainly fascinating to see a move this big on real volume.
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-10-15 01:41 PM
    It just hit 11.15 on the TSX...let's see how much it will pull back by close.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Stock Rally-clipboard01.png  
    12-10-15 01:41 PM
    Could be because of the new QNX concept car.
    12-10-15 02:01 PM
    Could be because of the new QNX concept car.
    None of the news today seems to justify this sort of move. It is just plain curious.
    12-10-15 02:10 PM
    None of the news today seems to justify this sort of move. It is just plain curious.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Stock Climbs as PRIV Gains Traction

"BlackBerry’s first-ever Android-based device is out of stock at Walmart just a day after it hit stores"

http://www.bidnessetc.com/59093-blac...ains-traction/
    12-10-15 02:13 PM
    It's out of stock at Walmart.com and best buy ..

12-10-15 02:18 PM
    Sold 40k at Last week top...to short more oil... cover oil this morning to buy back some BlackBerry shares sold last week ...and you know What, looking at the rallye without any buyback grrrrrrr

Posted via CB10
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-10-15 02:18 PM
    The only thing that explains this kind of one-day price swing is a buyout rumor. If management flatly denies it then it will go back down.
    12-10-15 02:22 PM
    It's out of stock at Walmart.com and best buy ..

Without knowing how much stock they had, it's hard to draw conclusions here. And that's not the sort of news that moves a stock 10%+. I don't know - this move (both up and fade) just seems odd to me. But, hey, it does add some excitement to the day!
    d a elliott and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 02:23 PM
    And Walmart wouldn't take a small quantity

12-10-15 02:23 PM
    I thinks it's because it sold out of Walmart and bestbuy

d a elliott likes this.
    12-10-15 02:25 PM
    Without knowing how much stock they had, it's hard to draw conclusions here. And that's not the sort of news that moves a stock 10%+. I don't know - this move (both up and fade) just seems odd to me. But, hey, it does add some excitement to the day!
    It's coming back down to reality now. High was at $8.20. A lot started selling between that and $7.90, probably some day trading. I think it'll finish just north of 5%. Not bad, but the massive buying was interesting. Makes me wonder what the sales report is going to bring.

kirson likes this.
    12-10-15 02:27 PM
    We also have to keep in mind that the stock went down almost 3% yesterday so some of this is just upswing from yesterday's down swing in my opinion at least, from what I have heard the Priv is selling very well though... yayy!!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 02:31 PM
    I cashed out today. Made money on the purchases. What I see from BlackBerry is nothing good for the long term. No signs that the rise today was anything but a rumor. Plus, looks like a big increase on shorts. Others are gamboling that BlackBerry is heading downward. BlackBerry hasn't got the products (Priv) to compete anymore. They laid off most of the skilled engineers and programmers so they don't have much left to make good and innovative products, they are just going to play follow the leader and hold the cash as long as they can.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and techvisor like this.
    12-10-15 02:33 PM
    I cashed out today. Made money on the purchases. What I see from BlackBerry is nothing good for the long term. No signs that the rise today was anything but a rumor. Plus, looks like a big increase on shorts. Others are gamboling that BlackBerry is heading downward. BlackBerry hasn't got the products (Priv) to compete anymore. They laid off most of the skilled engineers and programmers so they don't have much left to make good and innovative products, they are just going to play follow the leader and hold the cash as long as they can.
    Don't justify the decision. The deal is done and you got lucky this time. lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-10-15 02:52 PM
    The stock has continued on an upwards trend since October...during which time it has crossed the 50 day moving average, and just today broke the 200 day moving average. Also a reverse "death cross" or "golden cross" has occurred, where the 50 day moving average has climbed above the 200 day moving average.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Stock Rally-clipboard01.png   BlackBerry Stock Rally-gc.png   BlackBerry Stock Rally-dc.png  
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-10-15 at 03:23 PM.
    12-10-15 02:56 PM
    I'm curious to see whether this can keep up tomorrow. Another 5-7% gain would really be interesting. The amount of trading today was staggering.

12-10-15 03:04 PM
    The only thing that explains this kind of one-day price swing is a buyout rumor. If management flatly denies it then it will go back down.
    Good thought and most likely explanation so far IMO. Secondly, I would suggest that sales are indicating that the Priv isn't a failure, but rather is selling well enough to support BB device production going forward. A little good news is big news for Blackberry, for a change.
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-10-15 03:05 PM
    12-10-15 03:55 PM
    I'm happy that it finished higher than I expected, on the plus side of 8%. Nice gain for a day.

12-10-15 03:56 PM
    The PRIV is selling well and will continue to do so. Regardless of what you read on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 04:24 PM
52 123