On defense of that quote, it is entirely feasible and very likely that teams were working on BB10 for the PB and the effort deemed either not possible or too costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Agree. I do think they tried, but it became apparent that it would take too much effort going forward to get BB10 to work on the PlayBook with really no financial gain for the company. It would have required a different OS, like BB10LITE to make it work. But that would have required assets now and in the future to support said OS and that just couldn't be justified. Resources for BBRY ARE very limited, 3Billion sounds like a lot of money, but BBRY is a big company and pushing out a brand new OS is going to burn through that cash very quickly. We have seen that Thor has cut as much spending as he could... this was just another program that really wasn't going anywhere but backwards.
    07-03-13 09:07 AM
    Agree. I do think they tried, but it became apparent that it would take too much effort going forward to get BB10 to work on the PlayBook with really no financial gain for the company. It would have required a different OS, like BB10LITE to make it work. But that would have required assets now and in the future to support said OS and that just couldn't be justified. Resources for BBRY ARE very limited, 3Billion sounds like a lot of money, but BBRY is a big company and pushing out a brand new OS is going to burn through that cash very quickly. We have seen that Thor has cut as much spending as he could... this was just another program that really wasn't going anywhere but backwards.
    Sadly, it is too easy to jump to conclusions without looking into relevant dependencies, risks, and ROI

07-03-13 09:11 AM
    On defense of that quote, it is entirely feasible and very likely that teams were working on BB10 for the PB and the effort deemed either not possible or too costly.
    TH said BB10 is coming to the PB, not just that the team is working.

But, you are right. It's quite possible their effort indeed deemed too costly or not possible.. However, it's not an excuse:

- For promising and not delivering
    - Not announcing when they actually made the decision. And I am sure the decision was made way before the EC.
    07-03-13 09:12 AM
    TH said BB10 is coming to the PB, not just that the team is working.

But, you are right. It's quite possible their effort indeed deemed too costly or not possible.. However, it's not an excuse:

- For promising and not delivering
    - Not announcing when they actually made the decision. And I am sure the decision was made way before the EC.
    At work, we were tasked with interfacing two old systems together and to provide single sign on. I got a level of effort from my team and provided it to my Director. The schedule stated that we would have the work done by last May.

I divided the teams and one team accomplished the single sign on piece ahead of schedule, to include all pertinent security Authority to Operate revisions and Privacy Impact documents. I reported that and my Director was pleased. All seemed well.

The second team ran into all kinds of difficulties stemming from hard coded systems that required extensive recoding of old systems that had been around since the early 80s. Ancient, archaic stuff. I reported in April that it was not likely that the work could be accomplished within the scope provided. In a position paper I detailed the reasons why we could not do it and proposed an interim separate system that would serve as a service app for both systems while a third system would be created that would gather the data, serve it, and report it. This was accepted. The new system is due May 2014 with the bus due August 30.

Given that my task was to create an interface for the two and I didn't provide it, did I lie? Or was the situation such that it was not feasible to pursue the initial project?
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-03-13 09:25 AM
    At work, we were tasked with interfacing two old systems together and to provide single sign on. I got a level of effort from my team and provided it to my Director. The schedule stated that we would have the work done by last May.

I divided the teams and one team accomplished the single sign on piece ahead of schedule, to include all pertinent security Authority to Operate revisions and Privacy Impact documents. I reported that and my Director was pleased. All seemed well.

The second team ran into all kinds of difficulties stemming from hard coded systems that required extensive recoding of old systems that had been around since the early 80s. Ancient, archaic stuff. I reported in April that it was not likely that the work could be accomplished within the scope provided. In a position paper I detailed the reasons why we could not do it and proposed an interim separate system that would serve as a service app for both systems while a third system would be created that would gather the data, serve it, and report it. This was accepted. The new system is due May 2014 with the bus due August 30.

Given that my task was to create an interface for the two and I didn't provide it, did I lie? Or was the situation such that it was not feasible to pursue the initial project?
    Not a good analogy. Is your company on the brink of going out of business and is trying to restore its reputation?

Has your company's prior management been known to overpromise and underdeliver in the past and hence it was crucial for the new management not to do the same?

I see where you are coming from. Issues may arise at any point. But promising without being 100% sure you can deliver is not something that BBRY can afford now. Its reputation was already almost beyond repair. Now, it probably is.
    07-03-13 09:30 AM
    Not a good analogy. Is your company on the brink of going out of business and is trying to restore its reputation?

Has your company's prior management been known to overpromise and underdeliver in the past and hence it was crucial for the new management not to do the same?

I see where you are coming from. Issues may arise at any point. But promising without being 100% sure you can deliver is not something that BBRY can afford now. Its reputation was already almost beyond repair. Now, it probably is.
    I work for a federal agency. We are always under new management. Every four years. Each management always over promises and always under delivers.

And things get REALLY FUN when one management is trying to stay.....THEN the over promises REALLY get fun.....
    07-03-13 09:35 AM
    I work for a federal agency. We are always under new management. Every four years. Each management always over promises and always under delivers.

And things get REALLY FUN when one management is trying to stay.....THEN the over promises REALLY get fun.....
    Oh, this explains everything
    07-03-13 09:36 AM

This made me laugh.
    07-03-13 10:44 AM

Actually I disagree, it's indefensible. It's very clear that they moved from 1gb ram in the dev alpha A to 2gb in the dev alpha B. They were very clear that it was far better for performance. And it's at that point that they should of stopped the definitive comments.

Had they turned around and said it could be an issue then they would have a case, but to do it the way they did isn't defensible.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:05 AM
    Remember when you projected right before the earnings call that the stock would hit $100 by the end of 2013 and I cautioned you against shooting for the moon?

I think more similar predictions are not advisable at this point

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/03/u8y7ena3.jpg

Last time I checked, we still have 6 months to go. Stay tuned.
    07-03-13 11:31 AM
    Last time I checked, we still have 6 months to go. Stay tuned.
    Right.

Will do.

07-03-13 01:19 PM
    The stock price is going to increase tenfold in six months? My good man, I will have whatever the honourable gentleman is having... No make it a double.
    mikeo007, bekkay, aniym and 1 others like this.
    07-03-13 01:51 PM
    Those who short sell the stock are posting 24x7 on all boards about BlackBerry going down as they are about to loose their pants. Ignore the noise and go long on BlackBerry, don't sell till it hits $100

Posted via CB10
    If you wish to go long, go right ahead but don't talk others into investing what is NOT going to come back.

Check the charts, they have been bleeding badly from last Friday and continue to do so today.

Their lies have caught up with them and there is little to no trust unless you have koolaid left over.
    07-03-13 02:32 PM
    Enjoy your moment in the sun, shorties...it's gonna be short-lived.
    Just when I thought all the koolaid had been consumed, we find a few with their own supply!
    bekkay and JeepBB like this.
    07-03-13 02:37 PM
    The stock price is going to increase tenfold in six months? My good man, I will have whatever the honourable gentleman is having... No make it a double.
    They could do a 10:1 reverse split. Technically he'd be right.
    07-03-13 03:01 PM
    Just when I thought all the koolaid had been consumed, we find a few with their own supply!
    It's scotch, my man....single malt.
    07-03-13 08:29 PM
    BlackBerry Short-Sellers Finally Begin To Cover - Seeking Alpha

It seems as if shorts are covering without increasing the price of the stock.
    07-26-13 12:42 PM
    BlackBerry Short-Sellers Finally Begin To Cover - Seeking Alpha

It seems as if shorts are covering without increasing the price of the stock.
    If not for some shorts covering, this stock would have been in the $7 range by now.
    07-29-13 02:01 PM
    If not for some shorts covering, this stock would have been in the $7 range by now.
    I would say $6.
    07-29-13 05:08 PM
    I wonder if shorts are getting out today?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-30-13 10:22 AM
    Has anyone heard from "aloy12" lately? HaHaHa
    08-04-13 08:50 AM
96 ... 234