10-13-13 06:35 AM
32 12
tools
    Look, this is perfectly normal, they look at all options. period. If Fairfax isn't able to buy them due to limited funds, then BlackBerry must consider other options. In the meantime, since they announced the strategic review many good news have landed from the NATO approval to the German one. More apps are pouring in every week.
    10-10-13 10:14 AM
    The enterprise network, meanwhile, could be worth $550 million to $1.1 billion, said Li, who rates BlackBerry (BBRY) the equivalent of a hold. Its value may depend in part on how quickly BlackBerry’s subscriber base declines. The company’s customer base slipped to 72 million in June from 76 million in March. Since then, BlackBerry has stopped disclosing a number.

The phones themselves are unprofitable and a buyer may just shut down that business, so that operation isn’t considered an asset, Li said.
    Notice BB10 isn't mentioned once in the article. Watsa, also, did not mention BB10 in his plan for turning the company around.
    10-10-13 11:56 AM
    Hasn't this always been a possibility? This is hashing up old speculation into an article

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:01 PM
    Hasn't this always been a possibility? This is hashing up old speculation into an article

Posted via CB10
    I think the news here is that it's moving from possibility to probability . . . .
    JeepBB and richardat like this.
    10-10-13 01:36 PM
    Unnamed sources...stating what companies may be interested in which parts...it's all nothing but speculation and a lot of unconfirmed information by Bloomberg.
    But so much of the speculation regarding BlackBerry from unnamed sources has been very accurate. So it's hard for us BlackBerry fans to keep sticking our heads in the sand. I wish it wasn't true but I know I'm stuck with my z10 for 2 years more. Hopefully the software on bb10 will be supported because the hardware is done. The z30 is the last BlackBerry phone ever made.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 03:36 PM
    I'm curious at how long before we know if the Fairfax deal was dropped of if "Magic Mike L." is actually going to step back into the game.

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    danprown likes this.
    10-10-13 04:04 PM
    I'm curious at how long before we know if the Fairfax deal was dropped of if "Magic Mike L." is actually going to step back into the game.

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    I've always believed that the Fairfax bid was a sham (with the full knowledge of the BB Board) to establish and publicise a price-floor at which BB would be happy to sell itself. Nothing I've read since about the singular lack of activity by Fairfax in trying to raise the finance changes my mind that this is a sham.

I'm in two-minds about MikeL's interest. I think it's mostly another play to convince others that a biding war might be in the offing, so those other companies act soon so as to not miss out. At the back of my mind though is the feeling that Mike is so emotionally invested in BB, that he'll really make a bid for his baby. That really would be interesting, but I'm not too sure where Mike would take BB.
    richardat and kevinnugent like this.
    10-13-13 06:35 AM
32 12