11-11-14 06:54 AM
34 12
tools
    A year from now... you'll be happy you bought bbry ... now

Imo

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    They were saying that exact same thing a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:46 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    Difference is CEO chen! .... look at where blackberry is now compared to only one year ago... now project a year from now....

I see bbry at $15 or better.... a very mature OS that is innovative and fresh .. exciting devices out there... strong enterprise focus which is now paying off... continued innovation... consistent profitability and increased revenues.....strategic partnerships... all likely under the leadership of Chen

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:08 PM
    Difference is CEO chen! .... look at where blackberry is now compared to only one year ago... now project a year from now....

I see bbry at $15 or better.... a very mature OS that is innovative and fresh .. exciting devices out there... strong enterprise focus which is now paying off... continued innovation... consistent profitability and increased revenues.....strategic partnerships... all likely under the leadership of Chen

Posted via CB10
    A year from now we will be saying the same thing.

Don't mind my pessimism. BlackBerry offers nothing of tangible value when compared to how fast the competition is moving in terms of market share, innovation, technological integration and advancement.
    Unless we're in for a surprise and BlackBerry is working on something dramatic.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:40 PM
    Almost everything you have listed is not a hard asset. They aren't even profit-generating assets. Blackberry isn't even making a profit on smartphones right now. Hence the valuation.

Ever watch Shark Tank on CNBC? The first thing the venture capitalists ask is "How many have you sold?" and "How much profit did you make?" They don't pay much cash for potential or good ideas. That's what equity is for.
    With what logic then FB IPO was 100+ Billion when FB hadn't even made a single dime in profit, and 19 billion for WhatsApp that I am not sure made 100 million in profit the year it was bought by FB...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:54 PM

Don't mind my pessimism. BlackBerry offers nothing of tangible value when compared to how fast the competition is moving in terms of market share, innovation, technological integration and advancement.

Postestd via CB10
    I disagree with everything you said and despite your pessimism I invested into BlackBerry. I have to say I had a good chuckle at what I felt was a preposterous post. When investors with billions are buying I tend to want to follow them.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Someone said that?? Cool because they were right!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:57 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    Different points of view are totally accepted. There are risks indeed. Let's revisit this post a year from now....

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:53 PM
    I disagree with everything you said and despite your pessimism I invested into BlackBerry. I have to say I had a good chuckle at what I felt was a preposterous post. When investors with billions are buying I tend to want to follow them.

Posted via CB10
    What's so preposterous about my post? The fact that we will be talking about the same thing a year from now as BlackBerry stock price hovers around $12-$13 a share? The fact that they haven't kept any market share but are actually losing it on the consumer side. The enterprise side is becoming more and more competitive and BlackBerry can easily get drowned out by some big players such as Apple and Microsoft. The enterprise side is the most stable part of BlackBerry. Touting the security of BlackBerry is getting old. Consumer market couldn't care less about security. More and more personal users don't even care that their personal data is being mined for ad $'s and the government intrusion gets worse by the day.

I really do hope they turn it around for their investors as I am one too. I got in when it was good 2 years ago. I just don't see the value in BlackBerry as others do anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:17 AM
    With what logic then FB IPO was 100+ Billion when FB hadn't even made a single dime in profit, and 19 billion for WhatsApp that I am not sure made 100 million in profit the year it was bought by FB...

Posted via CB10
    That was revenue, not profit. Two separate things, but yes way overvalued!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:54 AM
34 12