If please someone can answer this:
    Blackberry has net cash of $2.1 Billion ($3.1 billion minus $1 billion in debt)
    Assuming no conversion of debt to equity (conversion price is $10, if conversion happens then debt vanishes and shares outstanding increases), there are 530 million shares outstanding.
    The market cap now is $5.5 billion.
    Take net cash out, we have $3.4 Billion in enterprise value.
    Now Blackberry has:
    Other physical assets
    44,000 patents
    Leader in automotive sector
    Deal with Nanthealth in Health sector
    BBM-one iof the best and the most secured messaging platform
    Building a generic mobile ecosystem
    The biggest roster of government client
    Any security minded corporation and people use Blackberry
    BES10 and now BES12 and MDM solution, considered by many as best in enterprise
    QNX application in different verticals
    ION-Internet of things built up... trillions in market size
    and yes, BB 10 enable devices like Passport that has a good following, more devices coming
    and yes, Blackberry in some developing countries, albeit android phones will dominate there
    Blackberry will be cash neutral, no more burning of cash
    Blackberry will be profitable next year

Now when Lenovo wants to buy Blackberry, suddenly Blackberry is so valuable and critical to so many government.
    So with all the above, and $ 4 billion in annual revenue run rate that is surely to grow, how is this business valued at $3.4 billion.
    And according to this corrupt analysts, with target price at $6.50, valuation will be a little over $1 billion for all those assets.
    Call me crazy but there is huge manipulation to accumulate shares and/or a conspiracy to destroy Blackberry so someone can get all those assets that i believe to be worth tens of billions of dollars on the cheap.
    Or maybe some very powerful people do not want a non-US company to have a dominant mobile operating system, or they don't want general p8iblic to have a secure phone.
    Apple paid $3.5 billion for a headphones maker (Beats), yet some analysts say Blackberry worth only a billion.
    Go figure! call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but facts are obstinate, cant argue with them. There is no magic to numbers, they speak for themselves.

When all this is solved, we will see Blackberry trading at $60-120 range.
    10-22-14 01:30 PM
    Shhh. Just keep buying shares.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    10-22-14 01:31 PM
    Almost everything you have listed is not a hard asset. They aren't even profit-generating assets. Blackberry isn't even making a profit on smartphones right now. Hence the valuation.

Ever watch Shark Tank on CNBC? The first thing the venture capitalists ask is "How many have you sold?" and "How much profit did you make?" They don't pay much cash for potential or good ideas. That's what equity is for.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-22-14 01:41 PM
    They're likely doing the same thing apple and blackberry (rim) did in the past with Kodak, along with the consortium who could afford to make a bid and bought their patents for about 100 million dollars, definitely corruption.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:17 PM
    How much profit amazon, netflix, make?
    how much profits or revenues whatsapp made when it was valued at 19 billion (19 times blackberry).. answer is almost zero
    If you get your investment knowledge from those people from shark tank, I feel sorry for you.

Almost everything you have listed is not a hard asset. They aren't even profit-generating

assets. Blackberry isn't even making a profit on smartphones right now. Hence the valuation.

Ever watch Shark Tank on CNBC? The first thing the venture capitalists ask is "How many have you sold?" and "How much profit did you make?" They don't pay much cash for potential or good ideas. That's what equity is for.
    Last edited by savingblackberry; 10-22-14 at 09:30 PM.
    10-22-14 03:28 PM
    I dont understand Canada and candians... how follish of them not to support Blackberry, I have a plan that will put Blackberry on top.

They're likely doing the same thing apple and blackberry (rim) did in the past with Kodak, along with the consortium who could afford to make a bid and bought their patents for about 100 million dollars, definitely corruption.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:29 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Let's hope that the next quarter or two shows Blackberry increasing revenues and showing profits... which I expect... and share price will start to take off while the shorts run for cover....

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    10-22-14 06:53 PM
    What hard assets does workday has, or Google, or facebook or hundreds of companies with market cap in bilions,. tens of billions or hundreds of billions.
    Blackberry technologies are worth tens of billions. Period.
    Wall street analysts know it but wont say it.

Almost everything you have listed is not a hard asset. They aren't even profit-generating assets. Blackberry isn't even making a profit on smartphones right now. Hence the valuation.

theRock1975 likes this.
    10-24-14 02:52 PM
    And where will shorts find shares to buy to cover? I am not selling.

Let's hope that the next quarter or two shows Blackberry increasing revenues and showing profits... which I expect... and share price will start to take off while the shorts run for cover....

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 02:53 PM
    And where will shorts find shares to buy to cover? I am not selling.
    Hahah nice
    10-24-14 02:58 PM
    I agree with your overall premise. But the largest issue plaguing the share price is the fact that the business is shrinking. Revenue down, still losing money and still burning cash. Chen has done a remarkable job in a short period of time, but until the company 'turns the corner', then the short narrative will still thrive.

BBRY now trades well above the rumored buyout price of $9 last year - so the street does recognize some value add since then. A considerable amount.

If Chen is able to show revenue growth and even a little profit, then things will change very quickly IMO. The next 2 or 3 quarters are going to be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:31 PM
    I agree with your overall premise. But the largest issue plaguing the share price is the fact that the business is shrinking. Revenue down, still losing money and still burning cash. Chen has done a remarkable job in a short period of time, but until the company 'turns the corner', then the short narrative will still thrive.

BBRY now trades well above the rumored buyout price of $9 last year - so the street does recognize some value add since then. A considerable amount.

If Chen is able to show revenue growth and even a little profit, then things will change very quickly IMO. The next 2 or 3 quarters are going to be very interesting.

Posted via CB10
    "Prem"ise? LOL

That dude knew it all along, value investor, and got that debentures deal started... :-)

Blackberry remains mysterious: Couln't resist posting this when I saw the comments below-th3.jpg

Watch for growth...

***PPosted by PPrem WatsaPP***
    Munx likes this.
    10-25-14 08:33 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well they are leaving a lot of money on the table by not being able to produce in sufficient quantities in a timely manner a winning flagship product... the Passport that is in demand world wide!

Time to "engage the warp drives" Blackberry.....

Passport is a winner! Produce!!! And Sell, sell, sell!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:01 PM

Mark Cuban is a shark. Enough to make me think that they are all idiots. The genius of the show is the sharks who came up with it. Viewership of X. No hosts or actors to pay for. Make money on the show with a lottery ticket via the people that go on the show.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:36 PM
    Most companies are "worth" what people believe they are worth. BlackBerry has an image problem, and that affects their value.

But they also have a shortage of anything that people really want.... Amazon, Netflix, Whatsapp. They are leaders in the overall market and are growing thus "investors" have confidence that either at some point the company will make money, or that at least other investors will drive the price up to a much higher point where they can sell at a profit.

Even in the fields where they are leaders, Mobile Device Management and in the Automotive Industry....is there much potential for growth? Are we talking Billions or Millions....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-27-14 12:02 PM
    Huh?? Amazon, WhatsApp and Netflix are all readily available on BlackBerry... Not sure what you were trying to say there
    10-27-14 05:52 PM
    Huh?? Amazon, WhatsApp and Netflix are all readily available on BlackBerry... Not sure what you were trying to say there
    He is trying to say that BBRY does not have the allure and growth prospects that these overvalued companies possess. These companies are leading their industry and have untapped profit opportunities, whereas BlackBerry is trying to regain it's footing and stay alive. Sure BlackBerry may have potential in its industries, especially EMM and IoT, but it is far from the juggernaut status of those mentioned.

BB for Life
    10-28-14 12:18 AM

Those people don't have invaluable vaults of IP. BlackBerry has enough IP in their portfolio that is alone worth a substantial amount, but it's not valued in the traditional sense. They did pretty well last quarter, stay tuned...
    10-28-14 12:25 AM
    Shhh. Just keep buying shares.

Posted via CB10
    People are clueless as to what BlackBerry does and what markets they are in. I'm a 1%er!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:44 PM
    People are clueless as to what BlackBerry does and what markets they are in. I'm a 1%er!

Posted via CB10
    I will buy shares only until the people stop being clueless about BlackBerry because once that happens it will be too expensive to buy

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-30-14 09:02 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    A year from now... you'll be happy you bought bbry ... now

Imo

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:22 PM
    Most companies are "worth" what people believe they are worth. BlackBerry has an image problem, and that affects their value.

But they also have a shortage of anything that people really want.... Amazon, Netflix, Whatsapp. They are leaders in the overall market and are growing thus "investors" have confidence that either at some point the company will make money, or that at least other investors will drive the price up to a much higher point where they can sell at a profit.

Even in the fields where they are leaders, Mobile Device Management and in the Automotive Industry....is there much potential for growth? Are we talking Billions or Millions....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
    People don't *really* want these companies, but rather what these companies offer and represent.

That's cheap and relatively reliable on-line shopping on a large platform, movies on the net and an easy-to-use, easy-to-connect-with chat/messaging app where most people or everyone else is, too.

The companies themselves are exchangeable/replaceable, the need for these services is not.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    10-31-14 12:15 AM
    Just shut up and sell everything you own to buy BlackBerry shares

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and theRock1975 like this.
    11-07-14 11:04 PM
    The real value for BlackBerry is if all those enterprise clients stick with BlackBerry and deploy BB10 OS phones. Next 3 quarters will be telling if they have managed to do that.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-10-14 04:59 AM
    Just shut up and sell everything you own to buy BlackBerry shares

Posted via CB10
    Nailed it. While in the short term things will still be unstable, it's poised to grow exponentially.

Especially if BES continues to grow/maintain dominance.

Even moreso if some Chinese partnerships which include BB10 licensing come to fruition.

BB for Life
    11-10-14 04:34 PM
34 12