04-15-13 09:10 AM
    Good news if true, means that the BB10 platform is doing better than expected.
    04-15-13 09:30 AM
    Good news indeed
    04-15-13 09:30 AM
    Not surprised...this is the phone a lot more people have been waiting for.
    04-15-13 09:37 AM
    Without a trackball or a way to move the cursor around, the Q10, for me, is not going to be worth it.

I find it very difficult to move the cursor to correct sentences, especially if you are trying to get to the first character on a line.

So, i'll take the larger screen and the flick typing.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:43 AM
    No surprise to me. A true lover of a BlackBerry device (myself included) couldn't possibly choose the Z over the Q.

The Q is shaping up to be the best Berry EVER!!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-15-13 10:50 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Q10 with its massive battery life is the ultimate driving machine!!!!
    04-15-13 11:01 AM
    The article specifies "Business pre-orders", so I wouldn't count on consumer sales beating the Z10. Still, great news for BBRY
    schmeat and akabbani like this.
    04-15-13 11:06 AM
    The article specifies "Business pre-orders", so I wouldn't count on consumer sales beating the Z10. Still, great news for BBRY
    Considering that means BBRY gets service fee revenues on top, not a bad thing at all.
    04-15-13 12:01 PM
    Considering that means BBRY gets service fee revenues on top, not a bad thing at all.
    So VERY true!!
    04-15-13 12:15 PM
    I expected this as well, but my biggest question is how do they solve the cursor issue on such a small screen? Even on an Iphone 4S/5 it's pretty difficult to do. I can't imagine how much harder it is on a 3.5" screen.
    04-15-13 01:00 PM
    I expected this as well, but my biggest question is how do they solve the cursor issue on such a small screen? Even on an Iphone 4S/5 it's pretty difficult to do. I can't imagine how much harder it is on a 3.5" screen.
    Have you used the Z10 yet? It may not be quite as easy as using the track pad, but it really isn't that hard and once you get used to it, and understand how to use it, it's really quite accurate and easy to use.
    04-15-13 01:03 PM
    Without a trackball or a way to move the cursor around, the Q10, for me, is not going to be worth it.

I find it very difficult to move the cursor to correct sentences, especially if you are trying to get to the first character on a line.

Posted via CB10
    I thought there were things built in the software to compensate for the trackball. Ie: that magnified bubble you can move around on the text to help correct the spelling mistakes.

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    04-15-13 01:06 PM

Posted via CB10

It is the width of the screen that is the issue not the length. Here the Q10 is just fine and better than most of the smartphones. With practice on my 9900 I am just as efficient as with the track pad when selecting text. The only time I will miss the trackpad is when I have to check a box.
    04-15-13 02:49 PM
    I'm really quite shocked at the number of folks who are waiting for the Q10.

The Corporate customers are expected, as they are more email centric and therefore are more prone to the physical keyboard. However, consumers have pretty much settled the issue with respect to the keyboard issue and have overwhelmingly bought the trade-off between the larger screen with a virtual keyboard, something Apple figured out some time ago and BBerry only recently embraced.

The fact that many can't seem to get over this need for keys is troubling for the future of BBerry, as it's pretty much a given that smartphones of the future will not have a keyboard. Given this, the Z10 has to be the anchor device for BBerry to survive.
    04-15-13 02:52 PM
    There are lots of reasons people want a physical keyboard not the least of which is the number of women with long nails who cannot use a touchscreen without using a stylus. I am one such woman - and I won't us a stylus on my phone.

Obviously I am not alone in my preference. I've tried using Hubby's Z10 but the screen requires the finger pad to make contact in order to activate a given letter. In short, I'm waiting for the Q10.
    04-15-13 03:20 PM
    I just hope the Q10 screen size is a nice compromise with the physical keypad. I guess I will find out soon

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:00 PM
    I'm really quite shocked at the number of folks who are waiting for the Q10.

The Corporate customers are expected, as they are more email centric and therefore are more prone to the physical keyboard. However, consumers have pretty much settled the issue with respect to the keyboard issue and have overwhelmingly bought the trade-off between the larger screen with a virtual keyboard, something Apple figured out some time ago and BBerry only recently embraced.

The fact that many can't seem to get over this need for keys is troubling for the future of BBerry, as it's pretty much a given that smartphones of the future will not have a keyboard. Given this, the Z10 has to be the anchor device for BBerry to survive.
    How is this troubling for BlackBerry if they offer the best of both? Millions of people just refuse to type on glass. Would you replace your desktop keyboard with a piece of glass? No way!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:19 PM
    Q10 early adopters might be more fervent than Z10 early adopters - hence more pre-orders. I think I read somewhere where BB thought that the Z10 might outsell the Q10 between 4 to 3 to 1. Google Trends show about 4 times interest in the Z over the Q. My thinking is that those who want to buy the Q want it badly but in absolute numbers the market for the new Q10 is not near as large as the market for most Iphone type devices. I expect Q10 to sell better than the 9900 but I would be totally shocked (and awed) if the Q10 sells as well as the Z10.
    04-15-13 05:25 PM
    There was also tweet from Kevin on this, may be he can confirm ??
    04-15-13 06:42 PM
    Sticking with my Z10, but glad to see this. The more BB10 sales, the better.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    yea this is something i noticed right off the bat. I have never used a BB phone as m primary device before my Z10, but the one thing i did really like is being able to scroll in all directions using one little ball/pad.
    04-15-13 07:04 PM
    How is this troubling for BlackBerry if they offer the best of both? Millions of people just refuse to type on glass. Would you replace your desktop keyboard with a piece of glass? No way!

Posted via CB10
    in the same argument... many people refuse to lose half of the screen of their device to a physical keyboard that is not needed at all times.

I know that I fall into that camp. I know the qwerty keyboard is great, but with the Z10 i get an incredible keyboard AND a full display.
    toisanwu likes this.
    04-15-13 07:06 PM
    Sell tons of both and we will all be happy! Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:07 PM
    Pick your weapon of choice and "Live long and prosper with BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:11 PM
64 123