As the trend goes: company 'A' buys company 'B', who was just acquired by company X, etc.
    So, I was just day-dreaming on future connections with BlackBerry, and I came up with the following ideas, (please chime-in):

Although excited about the launching of new hardware, they seem more focused on data and OS. Nokia, on the other hand, seems focused on the opposite. Would BB have the capital now or in the near future to acquire Nokia to have the best designed OS, together with arguably the best built hardware offered to this day? I can't think of a better fit.

Wondering what anyone else's 'dream-team' would be.
    05-25-13 10:32 PM
    I want Blackberry to Buy Apple so we can have MacBerries :P
    05-25-13 10:36 PM
    Keep dreaming. Nokia is worth more than Blackberry in market cap.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:04 AM
    BlackBerry couldn't afford 1% of apple.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:40 AM
    As the trend goes: company 'A' buys company 'B', who was just acquired by company X, etc.
    So, I was just day-dreaming on future connections with BlackBerry, and I came up with the following ideas, (please chime-in):

Although excited about the launching of new hardware, they seem more focused on data and OS. Nokia, on the other hand, seems focused on the opposite. Would BB have the capital now or in the near future to acquire Nokia to have the best designed OS, together with arguably the best built hardware offered to this day? I can't think of a better fit.

Hardware is getting commoditized fast....margins will get decimated as Apple shareholders finding out.
    This could go the way of LCD TV screens with $7 margins per units. Yuk.

I hate owning phone Hardware stocks. That being said, a data and services business is very attractive down the line.

It appears BBRY is moving away from hardware and so no, buying Nokia isn't in the cards.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-26-13 05:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Now, yes. In a year? We'll see.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-26-13 05:38 AM
    Partnering people! Not the same as buying. If Nokia wanted to produce a BB10 phone. I say yes, with conditions.

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-26-13 05:44 AM
    Partnering people! Not the same as buying. If Nokia wanted to produce a BB10 phone. I say yes, with conditions.

Posted via CB10
    Heins has made it abundantly clear that BB would be happy to license BB10, and Nokia would actually make a spectacularly good licensee, but as long as they're married to Microsoft it isn't gonna happen. I think we'd be more likely to see HTC (or even Samsung) licensing BB10 before Nokia did.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-26-13 05:53 AM
    Doubtful Samsung would use BlackBerry 10 as they are working on Tizen last I heard...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would be open to a Nokia device running os10.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    05-26-13 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, technically, you wouldn't have to buy all of Nokia, you would only need a controlling share of the company.
    Which would be around half of all shares.
    Nokia has a market cap of $14 Billion. So you would need around $7 Billion in cash. Which might be possible if BlackBerry has a couple of positive quarters. Maybe by the end of 2015 it could buy Nokia?

To put things into perspective,
    The current market capital of Apple is $420 BIllion! So they would need around $200 Billion. Of course if a company starts buying up shares, the price will go up, so yes
    05-26-13 01:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    If no one wants a BlackBerry running BlackBerry 10. Why would someone want a Nokia, running BlackBerry 10. Seems kinda weird......
    Nokia went with Windows because Microsoft paid them to help their "start up" costs of switching to Windows Phone 8. But thats going to dry up soon and they'll start paying licensing fees, which is not going to help Nokia. If Nokia wants to survive, they need to innovate, fast! But at this rate, they seem to just be piggy backing off all other OS. Their old OS is well, too old, Android isn't going to go well for them because everyone uses Android, WP8 is too new and has licensing fees, BB10 would have licensing fees as well. The way I see it, they would really need to hit a home run, with WP8 or they're really going to die.
    05-26-13 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    It was a joke :P

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    05-26-13 01:59 PM

Worst idea I have heard of in 13 days
    05-26-13 02:14 PM
    If no one wants a BlackBerry running BlackBerry 10. Why would someone want a Nokia, running BlackBerry 10. Seems kinda weird......
    Nokia went with Windows because Microsoft paid them to help their "start up" costs of switching to Windows Phone 8. But thats going to dry up soon and they'll start paying licensing fees, which is not going to help Nokia. If Nokia wants to survive, they need to innovate, fast! But at this rate, they seem to just be piggy backing off all other OS. Their old OS is well, too old, Android isn't going to go well for them because everyone uses Android, WP8 is too new and has licensing fees, BB10 would have licensing fees as well. The way I see it, they would really need to hit a home run, with WP8 or they're really going to die.
    Actually MS has the money to keep them stable. And with the their lumia 520/521 I think they have a home run. Also they get paid for every WP sold, also its free for them to license WP.
    05-26-13 02:48 PM
    Worst idea I have heard of in 13 days
    What idea did you hear 14 days ago?
    Dapper37 likes this.
    05-26-13 03:29 PM
    You don't make friends with salad

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:47 PM
    You don't make friends with salad

Posted via CB10
    Tsk Tsk... Vegetarians :P

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    05-26-13 03:58 PM
    I want them to buy a company that makes dongles so I can buy dongleberries.

Posted via CB10
    Lendo likes this.
    05-26-13 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    In 2008, Rim and Apple had eps very close to each other. Bbry is not that far off in potential.

Bbry is smart to be pushing software and services. Some of their software margins are approaching 90%!!!

Bes 10 revenue from apple, Android and BlackBerry users.
    Bis revenue for few more years
    Mobile payment revenue
    M2m revenue coming
    Bbm cross platform will bring new tiered revenue streams.

Apple will be looking like HTC in a few short years. A pure hardware play!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:29 AM

I would have to argue regarding your point about the best hardware. My z10 is fantastic and even my first generation storm although the os was bad that thing was like the old Timex commercials. "It took a licking and kept on ticking".
    I literally beat the crap out if that thing and and never had a problem for 4 years. I would describe it as being built like a tank.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:14 PM
    Yeah, I would have to add that BlackBerry does put together solid phones. To be fair, BlackBerry, Appl, and Nokia (plus current koodos to HTC one), are my favorite built phones on the market.
    Has anyone held the Lumia's latest sets? They are seriously built like a tank!
    BlackBerry offers a sexy bunch of phones. Nothing I have seen yet looks as good as my Bold 9900, so I am really looking forward to what they have in Stock (no pun intended) in the near future.

There were some pretty keen replies here, and I have pondered a MS partnership, but MS would probably want too much control i.e. exclusivity.

Samsung is too proud, and as mentioned, they are throwing poo at Google with their new OS. By the way, doesn't TZEN sound like a play on 10?? Hmmm.

If Nokia adopted the BB10 for one new phone launch, they could see how the market responds, but I doubt the MS machine would allow it. The question remains as to how much Nokia will allow itself to bleed before severing the ties with MS.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:07 PM