Dell has a history of re-branding other manufacturers products like lexmark for instance. Let's do it with z10 and q5.

Slap a dell label over the blackberry signal and start marketing this discount aub-brand thing thru Dell's uber sales channel. Dell already has partnerships with many wireless carriers and a strong consumer base. People will try out the new dell phone without the stigma of blackberry brand. Once they like the os they might be open to picking up a premium z30 q10 flagship device offered only by blackberry. Even dell could be a direct sales channel for the BlackBerry brand devices too.

This should have happened yesterday. Keep the ownership of brand alive but license out the lower grade models as dell brand. Please. Now.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:05 AM
    Lol, Dell is in a bit of a financial pickle of their own if I recall correctly.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    08-13-13 10:07 AM
    Seriously ?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:08 AM
    Dell = Hell

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:33 AM
    I think Dell's in the problem the entire PC industry is in: desktop PC shipments are down, because even a years-old PC can capably do what most people, both consumers and 'knowledge workers' need them to do. Tablets are winning on content consumption but losing on content creation... it's not true that when you are consuming content you do not need to create (as I am here).

Devices that incorporate the portability and touch interactivity of a tablet with the content creation human factors hardware of a notebook like the Dell XPS 12 and Surface are the way of the future, if you ask me, and Dell is well positioned to be on the vanguard of that. They have their transformable 18" tablet thing that you can dock to a full keyboard mouse and so on.

A device like this running BlackBerry 10 makes sense... imagine having a device like a Torch running BB10, you can interact with it full screen, then use hardware keyboard and trackpad to do content creation on the fly. So you're down in the warehouse looking at palettes of inventory, NFCing with them to get the details of the pallete, and then when that's done you head back to your office, interacting with the data you gathered on the full keyboard and trackpad, and (now that BB10 supports Miracast) when you walk into your office, BOOM it sends the signal to your big screen and syncs to a full bluetooth keyboard and mouse and you just drop your handheld in a docking station and sit down and continue typing where you left off.

This is what "mobile computing" means... not just playing angry birds and posting facebook updates. Dell is equipped to bring this kind of mobile computing "reality" to the masses... and it will drive further innovation and hardware upgrade cycles, as users eventually will want their handheld to be their MAIN device with ample memory and processing power and not have to switch between devices... just switch between user interfaces. It's very early days in this still, but I think Dell and BlackBerry would be a complimentary tie-up, whether or not you think their current situation is dire. I mean, that's an ideal partnership isn't it? Two companies join and become greater than the sum of their parts? Dell doesn't own an OS, and if they continue to sell Windows devices, as BB10 improves you'll see Dell being able to offer all sorts of unique offerings that are exclusive to Dell because it uses BB10 OS.

The more I think of it, the more I am positive that Dell acquiring BlackBerry would be a good fit.
    08-13-13 10:33 AM
    I'm taking about a partnership here. Not a buy out. Dell becomes a hardware reseller under their own brand (also carrying BlackBerry products). It shouldn't cost dell much to get into the mix. Just add the products to the catalog and sell them. Even bundle then with desktop or tablet purchases. People might appreciate the level of support dell provides on post sales support also compared to blackberry support.

BlackBerry can remain as its own entity and still have an option to sell to dell or anyone else later if the products don't sell.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:09 AM
    Really, I guess we're going to start seeing rumours everywhere. If BB wanted distribution they might as well go to Radio Shack because they have a better chance at staying in business than Dell! C'mon people we're on Crackberry, we should be smarter than this. Another ailing company is going to come and buy BB for less than the cash balance on hand ie. Yahoo or another tech company who's trying to get bought out themselves privately, Dell to takeover BB?
    08-13-13 11:17 AM
    actually this is a good suggestion imho; Dell marketing the low end stuff (in the US at least)
    08-13-13 11:25 AM
    Even as a partner ship it make no sence to do
    08-13-13 11:36 AM
    Dell tried to sell phones. They stunk at it.
    08-13-13 12:07 PM
    08-13-13 10:32 PM