BlackBerry needs apps. No unique special innovative super duper space-age fantastical feature will miraculously make their phones attractive without apps.

If this droid app thing gets sorted out and apps can be directly installed and run as well as it would on a flagship droid device, it will be a game changer for bb. Then they can produce an innovatively slick slider with a 4-5" screen or Q10 with 3.5-4" screen and things will get interesting. The Z30 is fine for the slab design.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:49 PM
    Another thing the New Enterprise-Focused BlackBerry needs are the specialty apps for health care and financial that are available on iOS and Android. My doctor is a big BB fan but he needs certain apps on mobile in order to do his job... and that means he upgraded his iPhone 4 to a 5S, rather than a BB10 device (despite being a BB shareholder who made 50% profit on his investment in less than 1 year... one of the lucky ones) so what BB should be doing is identifying the apps (actually the COMBINATION) of apps that are most popular among professionals (real estate agents too) and make sure that those vendors are "incentivized" to port their apps over. Yes, for some Instagram IS a "business app" but I really mean those apps that connect to business systems in a possibly proprietary way to allow access to protected data.
    01-17-14 08:25 AM
    I think that the fact BlackBerry has always been known for battery life it needs to be a way of charging battery without the need to plug in, be it kinetic energy, solar power i don't know just get the boffins working on it.
    "Always Moving"...a kinetic charger sounds amazing. Brilliant idea.
    3_M4N likes this.
    01-17-14 08:50 AM
    Another thing the New Enterprise-Focused BlackBerry needs are the specialty apps for health care and financial that are available on iOS and Android. My doctor is a big BB fan but he needs certain apps on mobile in order to do his job... and that means he upgraded his iPhone 4 to a 5S, rather than a BB10 device (despite being a BB shareholder who made 50% profit on his investment in less than 1 year... one of the lucky ones) so what BB should be doing is identifying the apps (actually the COMBINATION) of apps that are most popular among professionals (real estate agents too) and make sure that those vendors are "incentivized" to port their apps over. Yes, for some Instagram IS a "business app" but I really mean those apps that connect to business systems in a possibly proprietary way to allow access to protected data.
    Definitely agree with you. Business oriented apps is sorely needed on BB10 phones. Maybe BlackBerry should create a specialized "in house" business related apps department or if they have it already, invest more resources into it.
    01-17-14 09:18 AM
    Be nice for a projector, good for business presentations and for the consumer, play those movies on the wall

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-17-14 01:48 PM
    Be nice for a projector, good for business presentations and for the consumer, play those movies on the wall

Possibly. But the question is, how would you control the presentation?

Good call on consumers playing movies on the wall, though (I actually love this reasoning a lot more).
    01-17-14 07:36 PM
    "Always Moving"...a kinetic charger sounds amazing. Brilliant idea.
    Fuel cells powered phones.. seriously the technology is already there http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell
    A micro tank that stores enough "fuel" for one full month of continuous use.. and BlackBerry would also introduce a secondary market: recharges for the phones..

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:02 PM
    Fuel cells powered phones.. seriously the technology is already there Fuel cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A micro tank that stores enough "fuel" for one full month of continuous use.. and BlackBerry would also introduce a secondary market: recharges for the phones..

Posted via CB10
    It seems that Fuel Cells batteries or devices for mobile phones is not yet commercially viable.
    01-18-14 06:47 AM
    It seems that Fuel Cells batteries or devices for mobile phones is not yet commercially viable.
    They are not.. and that is exactly the point. BlackBerry should patent the fuel cell implementation for mobile and eventually get royalties from the other vendors who want to include that technology in their phones!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:59 AM
    Password by eye scanner.

Unlock device and accounts (email, facebook, twitter, etc.)

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    01-21-14 05:58 PM
    They are not.. and that is exactly the point. BlackBerry should patent the fuel cell implementation for mobile and eventually get royalties from the other vendors who want to include that technology in their phones!

Posted via CB10
    You can't really patent something had that isn't implemented, at least to some degree.

01-22-14 07:51 AM
    Password by eye scanner.

Unlock device and accounts (email, facebook, twitter, etc.)

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    Samsung is apparently working on retina scan identification. Read that recently, sorry can't place the article now.

01-22-14 07:52 AM
    Samsung is apparently working on retina scan identification. Read that recently, sorry can't place the article now.

Who knows, maybe BlackBerry is secretly working on one. I guess the company that puts it out first wins the race.
    01-22-14 09:06 AM
    Who knows, maybe BlackBerry is secretly working on one. I guess the company that puts it out first wins the race.
    Yes. I expect Apple is as well. I used to use an eye scan to go through immigration in England. It was for people already screened and who visited a lot. It worked well.

01-22-14 09:08 AM
64 123