BlackBerry may abandon smartphone business - The Times of India

Some reading material.
    I thought I read an article on here yesterday somewhere where they said they wouldn't give up the phone side of it .

I guess everyone has an opinion
    11-05-13 05:19 AM
    Wow. Yeah I really hope they don't give up the smartphone end of it all.
    Thanks for the link!
    11-05-13 05:26 AM
    Even I was going through it, as it came on my FB feed. I don't think they are going to go that route just now but eventually phones may become secondary priority... they have too much at stake with all the govt contracts they have.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:36 AM
    Even I was going through it, as it came on my FB feed. I don't think they are going to go that route just now but eventually phones may become secondary priority... they have too much at stake with all the govt contracts they have.

Posted via CB10
    It looks like they'll continue to support the phones out there. But they are not going to make any new ones. That would make the Z30 the last BB device.
    11-05-13 05:57 AM
    BlackBerry may abandon smartphone business - The Times of India

Some reading material.
    I thought I read an article on here yesterday somewhere where they said they wouldn't give up the phone side of it .

I guess everyone has an opinion
    This is more opinion, not news. You can always tell when reporters/analysts are making things up when they use the words "may", "might", "could", etc.

Blackberry has already said that they will continue making phones.
    cjcampbell and tiny08 like this.
    11-05-13 06:05 AM
    This picture will clearly illustrate the quality of TOI. As a news reader I keep an opinion that their write-ups are not only very poorly edited, but are sometimes random gossips written to get mouse hits.
    BlackBerry may abandon phones....-toi.jpg
    11-05-13 06:58 AM
    This article doesn't tell us anything new that we didn't know yesterday.
    11-05-13 07:04 AM
    hope not. I do like their phones. but not their pricing. =/
    11-10-13 08:12 AM
    Blackberry will not stop making cell phones.Matter of fact, they are in the process of refocusing on cell phones.
    11-10-13 09:07 AM
    Blackberry will not stop making cell phones.Matter of fact, they are in the process of refocusing on cell phones.
    Fascinating news.

Can you tell us what they were focused on before this new effort to refocus on cell phones?
    11-11-13 02:18 AM
    This picture will clearly illustrate the quality of TOI. As a news reader I keep an opinion that their write-ups are not only very poorly edited, but are sometimes random gossips written to get mouse hits.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toi.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	217593
    Every one does that... there always has to be drama somewhere... else news will not sell

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:56 AM
    Fascinating news.

Can you tell us what they were focused on before this new effort to refocus on cell phones?
    LOL
    11-11-13 07:07 AM
    They're NOT going to stop making phones.
    I wish this thread was closed so those who don't know don't get mis informed.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:10 AM
    Chances of BlackBerry abandoning hardware are better than Google allowing the Play Store on a non-Android Device.....
    11-11-13 07:14 AM
    Didn't John Chen just say in the CB interview that dumping hardware was simply not on the table ?

I think Crackberry has been totally taken over by trolls given the overwhelming negative posts that are now up. All the featured posts...al negative.

WTF.....this is supposed to be a fan site !
    Atmarix likes this.
    11-11-13 07:40 AM
    Didn't John Chen just say in the CB interview that dumping hardware was simply not on the table ?

I think Crackberry has been totally taken over by trolls given the overwhelming negative posts that are now up. All the featured posts...al negative.

WTF.....this is supposed to be a fan site !
    Apparently its not anymore
    Blame BlackBerry for not keeping up, not the ppl, because ppl bltch about anything regardless. And if there isn't that much to praise the this becomes at place for bltching

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:55 AM