Bad news, but we expected it anyway:

BlackBerry, meanwhile, saw its troubles deepen, as its market share fell to 1.7 percent from 4.1 percent a year ago. BlackBerry sales fell 41.6 percent from a year ago despite the introduction of the new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
    [...]

Windows Phone emerged as the number three smartphone platform with a market share of 3.6 percent, up from two percent a year earlier.

Windows Phone sales grew 156 percent, with more than 90 percent made by Nokia, the Finnish group whose handset division is set to be acquired by Microsoft.
    Source: IDC report quoted by Yahoo News - Android smartphones dominate, Windows gains: survey

--------------------

Pic Tagger for Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
    11-12-13 10:07 AM
    Wonder what the margin for error is......
    11-12-13 10:19 AM
    Need some Statcounter data to refute this.
    mikeo007, notfanboy and Drew808 like this.
    11-12-13 10:21 AM
    Need some Statcounter data to refute this.
    You just can't help yourself, can you...
    11-12-13 10:25 AM
    Absolutely not
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    11-12-13 10:25 AM
    Yahoo news lol ahahahah
    Trash all coming from yahoo news

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:26 AM
    Yahoo news lol ahahahah
    Trash all coming from yahoo news

Posted via CB10
    Sigh.
    Android Pushes Past 80% Market Share While Windows Phone Shipments Leap 156.0% Year Over Year in the Third Quarter, According to IDC - prUS24442013

Original data from IDC.

BlackBerry recorded the largest year-over-year decline among the leading operating systems during 3Q13. Underpinning its results was softer demand for its new BB10 operating system and continued demand for its older BB7 within emerging markets. Now with a new CEO in place and an infusion of $1 billion, what remains to be seen is how and when the beleaguered operating system will be able to change course in the face of mounting pressure from Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
    Sad, but true.
    11-12-13 10:29 AM
    Wonder what the margin for error is......
    When do we get to the stage when the shipments are too small to be able to report with any confidence? Since this is a lagging indicator I would expect the next quarter to be slightly better as they discount inventory to get it off the shelves.
    11-12-13 10:44 AM
    Since this is a lagging indicator I would expect the next quarter to be slightly better as they discount inventory to get it off the shelves.
    Its shipments, not sales. Q4 is going to be even worse, as less carriers accept and stock BB handsets and try and clear existing inventory.
    sisko2003 likes this.
    11-12-13 02:17 PM
    No matter what they report, it isn't getting any better.
    11-12-13 02:53 PM
    What's worse is there will likely be no new BB10 models for the first half of 2014. This year's handsets, including the Z30, will look so outdated when Samsung, Sony, HTC release their new flagships in 1Q 2014.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-12-13 05:07 PM
    But sales in Australia tripled!
    techvisor likes this.
    11-12-13 08:59 PM
    What's worse is there will likely be no new BB10 models for the first half of 2014. This year's handsets, including the Z30, will already look so outdated when Samsung, Sony, HTC release their new flagships in 1Q 2014.
    Fixed that for you.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-12-13 09:02 PM
    But sales in Australia tripled!
    They would have bloody quadrupled if they'd let me buy a Z30! (See my mini rant about Telstra in another thread).

garnok likes this.
    11-12-13 09:03 PM
    What's worse is there will likely be no new BB10 models for the first half of 2014. This year's handsets, including the Z30, will look so outdated when Samsung, Sony, HTC release their new flagships in 1Q 2014.
    They better have new products in Q1 of next year, as all of this years models are basically off the shelves, and the z30 being verizon but online only.
    11-12-13 09:31 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but i've only seen 3 windows phones on the street in my entire life.
    11-12-13 10:07 PM
    I don't know about you guys, but i've only seen 3 windows phones on the street in my entire life.
    And I've seen one BB10 device, so that means the figures are correct!
    mjdimer likes this.
    11-12-13 10:30 PM
    Depends on where you are. I still see more BB10 than WP devices here in Canada.

But at the end they are both drowned out by Android which is kicking everyone's ****.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 10:45 PM
    Living in Africa I can honestly say that BlackBerry really cocked up when they decided to drop BIS on BB10 devices.
    BIS was one of the main reasons BlackBerry did so well in emerging markets. This is probably why demand for their OS7 devices is still so high.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-12-13 10:51 PM
    Depends on where you are. I still see more BB10 than WP devices here in Canada.
    I was at UPenn last week and saw 4 students in their CS dept with Nokia WP8 phones. I was surprised by that.

Being from the US, I've actually never seen a BB10 phone outside of BlackBerry booths and events.

But at the end they are both drowned out by Android which is kicking everyone's ****.
    Yes, that is true all over the world.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    techvisor likes this.
    11-12-13 10:55 PM
    No time for the exercise, but if these figures are those from BGR, please read carefully and make a difference between

Market shares = Current devices in use.
    Market shares of sales = New devices on the market.

Of course, these figures are bad. But remember the renew rate is far lower on BB devices.
    11-15-13 05:28 AM
    No time for the exercise, but if these figures are those from BGR, please read carefully and make a difference between

Of course, these figures are bad. But remember the renew rate is far lower on BB devices.
    Unless I am missing something, BGR is not linked or mentioned in this thread, so I'm confused why you mention them?
    11-15-13 05:32 AM

Market share and market share of sales is the EXACT same thing by conventional business parlance.

The percentage of an industry or market's total sales that is earned by a particular company over a specified time period.
    Market Share Definition | Investopedia

Only on Crackberry are users intentionally trying to confound the definition to make Blackberry appear more relevant/important than it is. No one measures "market share" by the devices currently in use! That's a subjective and meaningless lagging indicator.
    cgk likes this.
    11-15-13 05:40 AM
    Yes, that is user base - good catch, I'd missed that.
    11-15-13 06:08 AM
    Yes, that is user base - good catch, I'd missed that.
    Would you believe, as Apple's market share erodes, people are now starting to make the same argument about the iPhone?
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-15-13 07:53 AM
26 12