Just a quick observation, BBRY has been manipulated for quite some time now, (we all know this) even the expectations only went up the week of earnings and at that went mostly unnoticed by mainstream media.

Having said that, I don't feel as though the results were stellar and I was disappointed and really would have hoped that BlackBerry would be more transparent before the earnings, throughout the quarters to keep outrageous claims from being made (returns outweighing sales, only 30-40k units sold, etc)

To my point though is now that earnings came out it's funny to see articles coming out noting that the phone is incredible but the company sucks so no one will buy their phones, prior to ER, it was hard to read an article that didn't claim the device was hard to use, for tech geeks only and no better than other devices.

Anyways just a rant, about how the manipulation evolves.
    1. BB10 is vapourware
    2. They will never release BB10 on time
    3. No one will buy the phones
    4. The phones sucks and are unreliable and sales will only be on device launch by die hard loyalists
    5. And now finally, the device will not keep it's traction and no one else will buy the device

And throughout 1-6, BlackBerry will start bleeding their cash reserves, all the whilst cash has been growing. (not that I agree with holding cash if it can be put to better use, such as better marketing)

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 12:41 AM
    All of that aside it's funny because I still don't see myself leaving the Z10 for any other device on the market.

Still loyal to BlackBerry irrespective of their F*ck ups. Why? Well that's an easy question to answer. The Z10 is a phenomenal device.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    07-01-13 12:52 AM
    The Devices are amazing, they need some refinement, but that takes time with a new OS. I was expecting 2-3 quarters for reporting a loss, and then around Christmas time the stock and the company should start to see a solid recovery. They need to phase out legacy BlackBerry devices asap! Also they should charge for byod device programs, and also somehow monetize bbm when it's available for non bbm devices! There is a shareholders meeting coming up, all shareholders should push to monetize bbm on non bbm devices!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:34 AM
    The Bears are out and ate the company after the earnings call. The negative pressure from the shorts is gone and that will ease up on all the negative marketing.
    07-01-13 10:36 PM
    The Devices are amazing, they need some refinement, but that takes time with a new OS. I was expecting 2-3 quarters for reporting a loss, and then around Christmas time the stock and the company should start to see a solid recovery. They need to phase out legacy BlackBerry devices asap! Also they should charge for byod device programs, and also somehow monetize bbm when it's available for non bbm devices! There is a shareholders meeting coming up, all shareholders should push to monetize bbm on non bbm devices!

Posted via CB10
    they do, i think its like $99 a year for each BES sub
    07-01-13 10:39 PM
    I do agree 100% with OP regarding BBRY. Its one step to late regarding doing many thing. YES I do believe that Z10 is much better then OS7 however its cant compare to iOS or Android. Yes many of Crackberry will say otherwise but lets face it and smell the reality. BBRY wont be getting any where any time soon.

As for BBM perspective I believe came in a little bit too late (again) since today the ASIAN market are full with IM for example: LINE (Japan), KAKAO (Korea), WeChat (China), off course the leader WhatsApp. So again with several big country such as China, Indonesia, Japan etc. Those IM company already spend millions dollar worth of ads and also working very close with Telco Provider. Do you guys think BBM will survive? Remember we are talking about Global Market here and not North America Only.

Lets face the truth, at the time being I did not see BBRY going anywhere and should its BBM campaign succeed then BB device will surely taking a HITS. So either way Lose lose...
    07-01-13 10:59 PM
    I'm afraid this ship has taken on too much water. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and travel for work, 8 states. I'm the only one Iv'e seen with a Blackberry Z10. Exception, my co-worker, who is now returning. Says too many issues and problems, why would they release a unfinished product with all the issues? He's right,.. and that's the problem. It's not just negative publicity and reviews and the such. The Z10 came out of the gate broken in the first place. That said, your'e guaranteed to lose the race. If Blackberry doesn't get a winning mentality, they are going to slowly keep falling behind and lose. Even if they have what i think is a superb mobile platform. IMHO!
    07-02-13 08:54 AM
    they do, i think its like $99 a year for each BES sub
    Nice! I had no idea, now on to the rest of the list! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:54 PM