I don't believe Chen will come Clean on the call. It will be vague and many numbers will be left for readers to discover on the press release as opposed to being said.

"we are executing our strategic transition plan"
    I believe "that's specualtion"

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:04 PM
    Which will drive the stock lower as that is the same BS from the past 3 quarters.
    Could happen.

Posted via CB10
    Gesig Boek likes this.
    12-07-13 09:05 PM
    I don't believe Chen will come Clean on the call. It will be vague and many numbers will be left for readers to discover on the press release as opposed to being said.

"we are executing our strategic transition plan"
    Did you actually leave a one-star review for BlackBerry bridge on app world stating "Chen will run this company into the ground"?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-07-13 09:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 11:09 PM
    Did you actually leave a one-star review for BlackBerry bridge on app world stating "Chen will run this company into the ground"?

"But I feel so fullfilled doing these snippets" lol

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 11:11 PM
    Chen seems to be receiving the same beatification that Heins originally got - which is odd because the boosters tell us we can't judge his actions yet because it is too soon.
    m1a1mg, JeepBB, pillswoj and 2 others like this.
    12-08-13 03:10 AM
    Just hit a new 52 week and five year low - $5.79.
    12-09-13 09:59 AM
    Chen seems to be receiving the same beatification that Heins originally got - which is odd because the boosters tell us we can't judge his actions yet because it is too soon.
    Just wait a few months and the same people will be asking for Chen's head.
    12-09-13 11:13 AM
    It's funny how people are so convinced he's going to right the ship based on a few letters drafted by the company's legal and PR departments.

Just like how heinz was deified and then cast out so shall "Mr. Chen". Why do so many longs refer to Chen as Mr. Chen anyway? I don't remember people saying Mr heinz before.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-09-13 11:23 AM
    I usually referred to him as Thor or TH.

12-09-13 11:38 AM
    Damn... another 52 week low... $5.74 - amazing to think that in five years this company has lost almost 97% of its value...
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 11:41 AM
    It's funny how people are so convinced he's going to right the ship based on a few letters drafted by the company's legal and PR departments.

Just like how heinz was deified and then cast out so shall "Mr. Chen". Why do so many longs refer to Chen as Mr. Chen anyway? I don't remember people saying Mr heinz before.
    I always did and I even spelled his surname correctly
    12-09-13 11:43 AM

I generally referred to him as "Thor", unless posting from my mobile when he became TH.. but that had more to do with never being able to remember if he was Beans with a "z" or an "s".

Does anyone know where he is now? After all, it's kind of hard to hide a gangling 18' 7" chap; even in the wide-open spaces of Canada!
    12-09-13 12:43 PM
    I generally referred to him as "Thor", unless posting from my mobile when he became TH.. but that had more to do with never being able to remember if he was Beans with a "z" or an "s".

Does anyone know where he is now? After all, it's kind of hard to hide a gangling 18' 7" chap; even in the wide-open spaces of Canada!
    He's vanished much like the plans for the $100/share party.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-09-13 12:49 PM
    Not really. It took us forever to find Osama. He was about as tall and according to some reports dragging a dialysis machine around Tora Bora We should have had that mofo in a day and a half...tops!

By the way, the new low is now $5.73, for those keeping score
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-09-13 01:30 PM
    Damn... another 52 week low... $5.74 - amazing to think that in five years this company has lost almost 97% of its value...
    I guess so if you're a glass-half-empty kind of a guy. You could also say that a full 3% of the company has maintained its value well over the past 5 years.
    JeepBB and cgk like this.
    12-09-13 01:37 PM
    Chen has been on office for less than a month and everyone is already judging?

This quarter will not reflect his moves and decisions.

Next quarter will be more telling. Lets all judge him then!

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-09-13 01:54 PM

I'm sure most here understand that the ER figures won't be any of Chen's responsibility, and won't judge him on them.

What will be telling is his performance on the post-ER call. He has to sound like a man with a plan. Moreover a plan that will start to show some positive results by the time of the next ER.

Thor was never convincing - to me at least - I never had any sense that he "believed" in his own company. He was a terrible public speaker and uttered statements that ranged from incomprehensible techno-gibber to (close-to-outright) lies.

Chen will hopefully show he's cut from a different cloth.

We'll see...
    chr1sny likes this.
    12-09-13 02:14 PM
    $5.69.... how low can we go?
    12-09-13 02:45 PM

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    If anything, its the longs who have been quick to judge Chen as many have anointed him the savior of BBRY despite him having a scant track record so far with the company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-09-13 02:49 PM
    $5.69.... how low can we go?
    Remember those giddy days a whole two months ago when folk here were up in arms about the insultingly low $9/share FF offer?
    Gesig Boek likes this.
    12-09-13 02:53 PM
    Remember those giddy days a whole two months ago when folk here were up in arms about the insultingly low $9/share FF offer?
    Ah.. but $9 was just the cunning plan to lure out the big players and that was the floor...
    Gesig Boek likes this.
    12-09-13 03:04 PM
    Ah.. but $9 was just the cunning plan to lure out the big players and that was the floor...
    Yes, strangely though, few could see that it was a bluff at the time.

To blow my own trumpet, I did, and I recall being roundly condemned hereabouts for suggesting it wasn't a real offer ... I even predicted FF would walk away, and got some more abuse from folk quoting Prem's statement that he'd never walked away from a deal as proof I was wrong.

Just as well us Negative Nancies have strong constitutions... LOL
    12-09-13 03:14 PM
    We are one tough group.
    Comes from not falling in love with companies.
    JeepBB and chr1sny like this.
    12-09-13 03:20 PM
    Yes, strangely though, few could see that it was a bluff at the time.

To blow my own trumpet, I did, and I recall being roundly condemned hereabouts for suggesting it wasn't a real offer ... I even predicted FF would walk away, and got some more abuse from folk quoting Prem's statement that he'd never walked away from a deal as proof I was wrong.

Just as well us Negative Nancies have strong constitutions... LOL
    But Canada's pride told us he's never altered the terms of a deal!

Why buy the company when you can be a secured lender? I love it how people around here still think of Prem's financing as an "investment" in the Company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-09-13 03:24 PM
420 ... 1314151617