The longs sound more and more like they are subscribing to mysticism rather than objective analysis when they use phrases like "negative energy".
    The way they practice charting reminds me of astrology.

Their talk of support and breakout numbers smacks of numerology.

The way they latch on to the next new thing being the Savior (from Heins, the Z10 launch, no it was really the Q10, or mobile computing, or cross platform BBM, or the Z30, or elliptical curves, or 10.2.1, or Chen) reminds me of how some poor sick people latch on the the next fad in alternative medicine.
    JeepBB, techvisor and chr1sny like this.
    12-05-13 05:14 PM
    Way up after hours? I see it up 3 cents from 5.90 to 5.93?
    At one point it showed 6.07. Must have been an anomaly.
    12-05-13 06:37 PM
    BlackBerry hit a 52 week low today...-untitled.jpg

Hmmmm....not an anomaly. For some reason, at 16:38:42 EST, it jumped to $6.07. Not sure why, but I wasn't dreaming.
    12-05-13 06:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	227364

Hmmmm....not an anomaly. For some reason, at 16:38:42 EST, it jumped to $6.07. Not sure why, but I wasn't dreaming.
    You were dreaming like a long.
    12-05-13 07:22 PM
    The way they practice charting reminds me of astrology.

Their talk of support and breakout numbers smacks of numerology.

The way they latch on to the next new thing being the Savior (from Heins, the Z10 launch, no it was really the Q10, or mobile computing, or cross platform BBM, or the Z30, or elliptical curves, or 10.2.1, or Chen) reminds me of how some poor sick people latch on the the next fad in alternative medicine.
    That's what happens when people become emotionally invested in and derive a sense of personal validation from a stock. Rationality and objectivity go out the door and every minor development or perfunctory press statement is spun as a game changer.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 07:27 PM
    It's gone back up but we just hit a new 52 low - $5.80.
    12-06-13 10:00 AM
    There you go again with the Negative Energy. Only happy thoughts please.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 10:11 AM
    There you go again with the Negative Energy. Only happy thoughts please.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using CB Forums mobile app
    Numbers don't lie.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry hit a 52 week low today...-1386346446812.jpg  
    12-06-13 10:15 AM
    Numbers don't lie.
    You might want to post this on the Kantar thread, as a counter to the "BB approaching zero market share" thread.

However, whilst I'm no expert in these surveys, they might both be correct. IIRC, Kantar measures sales, ComScore measures subscribers.

If I'm correct, I don't think this tells a positive story for BB.

Taken together, it means BB isn't selling new devices and the number of existing BB users is continuing to fall.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-06-13 at 11:18 AM.
    12-06-13 10:34 AM
    Just read the 5.80 was not just another 52 week low it was a 10 Year low... not good!

It's gone back up but we just hit a new 52 low - $5.80.
    12-06-13 02:25 PM
    You might want to post this on the Kantar thread, as a counter to the "BB approaching zero market share" thread.

However, whilst I'm no expert in these surveys, they might both be correct. IIRC, Kantar measures sales, ComScore measures subscribers.

If I'm correct, I don't think this tells a positive story for BB.

Taken together, it means BB isn't selling new devices and the number of existing BB users is continuing to fall.
    Think the new regime will report sales and/or subscriber numbers at the end of the month? Or more of the "we are executing our transition plan" pablum which will be consumed (and front page news) here?

Press Release: Research In Motion reports second quarter fiscal 2013 earnings | CrackBerry.com

I’m happy to hear about the larger round of job cuts at BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 02:32 PM
    Think the new regime will report sales and/or subscriber numbers at the end of the month? Or more of the "we are executing our transition plan" pablum which will be consumed (and front page news) here?

Press Release: Research In Motion reports second quarter fiscal 2013 earnings | CrackBerry.com

I�€™m happy to hear about the larger round of job cuts at BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Actually, No, I don't believe BB will 'fess up and be honest as to their erm "situation".

I said as much here... http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-price-881465/

BB's "we are executing our transition plan" line must be getting fairly old by now. Not sure how many are still buying it...
    techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 02:38 PM
    Not a chance they come clean about there true status.

12-06-13 03:17 PM
    Tough position. Come clean with bad numbers and you hurt the stock, but you are honest.
    Hide behind some fuzzy words (like Thor did) and you are labelled "Same Old BlackBerry".
    Going to be ugly either way.
    12-06-13 04:45 PM
    BB's "we are executing our transition plan" line must be getting fairly old by now. Not sure how many are still buying it...
    I can name a few here who are. Bet there's an article stating it on the front page. They can recycle the one from last quarter.
    JeepBB, kevinnugent and techvisor like this.
    12-06-13 04:46 PM
    At this point in time no one trusts anything management says, if this is a fresh start then they may want to try being honest . we all know the state of BlackBerry, who's left to fool?

techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 06:02 PM
    At this point in time no one trusts anything management says, if this is a fresh start then they may want to try being honest . we all know the state of BlackBerry, who's left to fool?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...shares-666490/
    12-06-13 06:44 PM
    OK maybe there are a few people left to fool...

Sent from my Samsung Tab 2 using CB Forums mobile app
    techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 07:23 PM
    I invested in BlackBerry in june right after I bought my Q10 and saw its potential. At this time I already using an iPhone 5. I live in asia and I thought it was a good oppotunity since the Q10 wasnt launched in the US at the time. I was convinced after experiencing the Q10, that if marketed well, BlackBerry could rise again. Mainly because of the devices, secondarily because of its enterprise business and BBM.

In my circle of closest friends ive demonstrated the benefits of the new BlackBerry 10 os and have persuaded 8 of them to get BlackBerry 10 devices and they have been satisfied so far, but a large contributing factor to this is my personal commitment to them to keep their OS updated to the latest (stable) leaks, which not only gives them the latest features but also to snuff out the bugs. FYI, The biggest complaint is Z10s battery life. But I tell them my iphone 5 is not any better and I have proven it.

Since then I have learned quite a bit about blackberry, apple and google, the US tech market nasdaq, media and how the whole ball game works. Let me just say its been a very educational experience.

These are some observations ive made in this time and if you are thinking of investing, here are my 2 cents:

Blackberry, at this point of time and the near future will not be making leaps and bounds with the consumer mobile device market on a global scale. This was what they were trying to break into with the Z10 under the direction of Thorsen Heins and the previous management. The devices and OS are excellent (considering that NO OS is perfect), 10.2.1 will make them almost class leading BUT the major problem is brand perception. Besides a few small markets such as africa, malaysia, australia and a few others, blackberry's devices are perceived to be old tech, unsexy, no EASY access to popular apps and missing the all important lifestyle element and must have factor apple has for example.

My observation on Apple. iPhones maybe losing ground to android worldwide but their phones are the most user friendly and has the brand power. For apple, because of its brand having a hold on the premium market they can sell phones with lesser specs than an android equivalent and ask for more money. Their profitability is above and beyond the competition. iPhones contribute to almost 60 percent of the company's revenue. This info is easily searched on the internet.

Google relies on major hardware manufacturers to market and sell their OS, as opposed to carriers. Samsung and sony seems to be championing then at the moment and they (as well of the rest of them) are extremely agressive with sales and marketing and does the leg work with the carriers. They have devices (off contract) from USD80 to USD1000. Because of this android is market leader everywhere in the world except in the US and I can't see anything stopping this trend for now. Fragmentation and lack of security seems to be android's weaknesses but the buyers do not seem to be bothered.

Blackberry's move to penetrate the consumer market was heavily hampered by their dependence on carriers partly on sales and marketing but largely on OS updates. Here's the thing though. Blackberry has ALWAYS been dependent on carriers. Its part of their old strategy and in hindsight is most probably their biggest mis step.

The media loves news, good or bad, a company such as blackberry, pioneer and once market leader going through major problems is sensational news. Thorsen Heins public announcement of BlackBerry considering "strategic alternatives" fueled the media thus reinforcing the already negative perception of BlackBerry. This effect will last a couple more quarters at least because the media is not shouting out Mr chen's letter and message to the public even nearly as much as the negative news which came before.

Fast forward to today. I believe the stock is low because the market doesn't see how blackberry is going to make money. The devices are out of the consideration for now. The Z10 writedown of last quater was massive and the market believes there will be more to follow. Consider BlackBerry's public perception plus android's dominance, windows gains and apples profitability and strong hold on the premium market its hard to see how the blackberry stands a chance in this segment of the market.

I do believe however (I hope) it will not be as bad with the Q10 and Q5 as BlackBerry was more careful with the production of these devices following the huge pileup of Z10s.

That leaves us with the software side, something which BlackBerry's new CEO Mr Chen has quite a bit of experience in. One could tell from the news and the moves BlackBerry has made in the last 2 weeks or so that this is where they plan to get their revenue up and there has been effort. BUT it is still not clear now BBM is going to make money and how well received and profitable BES 10 really is.

I believe these are the reasons the stock is at its 52 week low and maybe even get lower.

I have SOME renewed confidence in BlackBerry under the leadership of Mr Chen and will hold my stock for now, but I will remain cautious and not be over zealous despite my love for my phone.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Last edited by Q10Nutter; 12-07-13 at 09:22 AM.
    12-07-13 05:22 AM
    <snip>

I have renewed confidence in BlackBerry under the leadership of Mr Chen and will hold my stock for now, but I will remain cautious and not be over zealous despite my love for my phone.
    Probably the wrong thread for it, but a nice read nonetheless.

Largely realistic, if tinged (IMO) with a little too much optimism over what Chen can do at this stage to turn it all around.

Like the world generally, I'm curious to see how Chen intends BB to make money in future. My take on the reaction to Chen's "We're not dead, yet!" letters is one of general ridicule that any company would say that followed by a cautious "Oh-kay... so show us some signs of life".

Chen better put some flesh on the "services & enterprise" bones at the ER, and show some progress along that plan, or it'll be bloody.

There's no doubt in my mind that the stock will go lower.
    12-07-13 07:14 AM
    Good read. I hope Mr. Chen does not forget about those of us who purchased multiple BlackBerry Playbooks and were left for dead with no options by BlackBerry.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by ToddJack; 12-07-13 at 09:28 AM.
    12-07-13 09:01 AM
    I can name a few here who are. Bet there's an article stating it on the front page. They can recycle the one from last quarter.
    I will be buying a few for a likely cheaper price for a Christmas present to myself.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 11:30 AM
    I will be buying a few for a likely cheaper price for a Christmas present to myself.

Posted via CB10
    Buying a few shares or a few BlackBerrys.
    12-07-13 11:48 AM
    I don't believe Chen will come Clean on the call. It will be vague and many numbers will be left for readers to discover on the press release as opposed to being said.

"we are executing our strategic transition plan"
    techvisor and kevinnugent like this.
    12-07-13 12:16 PM
    Which will drive the stock lower as that is the same BS from the past 3 quarters.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-07-13 12:18 PM
420 ... 1213141516 ...