There has to be some news to cause this drop, it is too sudden. A leak of the 3rd qrt results?
    It is only 4 business days since the end of the quarter. Since BlackBerry provides no guidance, it seems unlikely to me that their Q3 results are done yet.

But there has to be news of some sort.
    12-05-13 01:58 PM
    As I said many times shorts control BlackBerry for months, they take it up and bring it down whenever they want. People like us get ripped off.

Posted via CB10
    Always blaming someone else... This time it is the shorts. Or is it the media?
    JeepBB, kevinnugent and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 01:59 PM
    Not necessarily some investors will unload shares if they expect the release to be lousy because everyone else will be when they get the official data. So they try to limit their losses. Wall street is expecting to be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:00 PM
    It's the trolling shorts in the media.
    kevinnugent and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 02:07 PM
    There has to be some news to cause this drop, it is too sudden. A leak of the 3rd qrt results?
    Why cant it be the Kantar numbers? For some reason people are incredibly dismissive of market share numbers, to the point of often ignoring them, but there is no reason why they cant move the share price,
    12-05-13 02:09 PM
    Why cant it be the Kantar numbers? For some reason people are incredibly dismissive of market share numbers, to the point of often ignoring them, but there is no reason why they cant move the share price,
    It could be the Kantar numbers, but I somehow doubt that it is.

Anyone who can join the dots on a graph would have known that BB's market share would continue to fall just as it has done for several quarters... so I can't understand why Kantar alone would have provoked this sudden price drop.

Though, just maybe, the steady accumulation of bad news in several areas eventually reaches a tipping point, and the Kantar figures were the final straw?
    techvisor likes this.
    12-05-13 02:22 PM
    The timing is off. Based on the way the share price dropped I am looking for an event between 11 am and noon today.
    12-05-13 02:42 PM
    I think there is some more news coming out - just a hunch - but a huge drop on an already beaten down stock seems unusual.

Perhaps we need some good Technical Analysis here.
    pillswoj likes this.
    12-05-13 02:42 PM
    I think there is some more news coming out - just a hunch - but a huge drop on an already beaten down stock seems unusual.

Perhaps we need some good Technical Analysis here.
    Oh please can we!!!! Maybe 'THE GURU" can explain it for us simpletons.
    12-05-13 02:43 PM
    Buy low, sell high.
    Don't fall in love with a stock.

Best advice I ever got.
    pillswoj and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 02:48 PM
    They should buy back shares if they are confident on their future.
    12-05-13 02:56 PM
    I'm saving my money to buy a few cheap shares on the 20th. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:00 PM
    Not blaming them now, always have. Here is why:
    1-2 billion $s at stake which results in media bashing.
    The big longs still have not existed and trading has been going among themeselves. They short, cover, short, cover, rinse and repeat for months. The average retailers get sucked in and lose.
    Yes, BB is in bad situation but it's not bad as what SP is now. The SP is controlled by shorts which controls the media. In this process the media analyst, online bloggers take the advantage.
    Big longs can do exactly what shorts have been doing but BB's health has not improved yet for big longs to jump in. When that happens every bad news will be reported as positive as it's other way around right now.
    12-05-13 03:08 PM
    I think you guys are missing the point for the selloff. I think that all the major bad news was already factored into the stock price @ 6 bucks. Since then there has been some positve news regarding BBM cross platform subscriptions and BES10 Enterprse server rollouts by major corporations.

Here's what I think is going on:

Losses in the stock market don't get locked in until you sell the stock. Longs have lost a shietload of money (Sorry guys). Selling the stock right now means that you have the opportunity to "lock in" the losses, meaning you can write them off on your taxes. People who have potientially lost thousands of dollars on this stock may view this as their last chance to lock their losses in before the end of the tax year. The stock is slipping, which has spooked many holdouts that were praying for a final bump before selling, triggering a major selloff.

Just MHO.
    m1a1mg and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 03:10 PM
    I think you are hoping for a best case scenario, when the past few years have been going the other direction.
    The shorts have been right all along.
    And you give them far too much credit.
    12-05-13 03:11 PM
    Buy a BlackBerry phone instead of a BlackBerry stock, then things might turn out different.
    12-05-13 03:12 PM
    Tax loss selling is a possibility, but all in one day? Doesn't make much sense. If the stock was down .05 I could buy it. But down .25 in one day? A 4.2% drop is huge at this point. No, I think something is up.

If the stock was up 4% everyone would be saying that "we've turned the corner".
    JeepBB, timberdc and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 03:13 PM
    The negative energy people love posting their negativity. You can feel the black energy off them.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:28 PM
    I bought the stock a couple of weeks ago @6.14. It went up to around 6.40 at one point. I didn't hear anyone saying we'd turned a corner, lots of shorts bashing though!
    12-05-13 03:31 PM
    I think you guys are missing the point for the selloff. I think that all the major bad news was already factored into the stock price @ 6 bucks. Since then there has been some positve news regarding BBM cross platform subscriptions and BES10 Enterprse server rollouts by major corporations.

Here's what I think is going on:

Losses in the stock market don't get locked in until you sell the stock. Longs have lost a shietload of money (Sorry guys). Selling the stock right now means that you have the opportunity to "lock in" the losses, meaning you can write them off on your taxes. People who have potientially lost thousands of dollars on this stock may view this as their last chance to lock their losses in before the end of the tax year. The stock is slipping, which has spooked many holdouts that were praying for a final bump before selling, triggering a major selloff.

Just MHO.
    I disagree that it is tax loss selling as it can happen after Er or there are many days to do it. The historical trading volume and short interest suggest that shorts sold and covered multiple times in last few months and they will continue until there is a huge catalyst to cover. Most of trading either short or longs done by shorts. For e.g. after PW offer shorts shorted more but the volume was over 100 mil. The big institutional longs still have not sold and now they are more than 70% of total share. Look at Nokia example for last few months
    12-05-13 03:39 PM
    Way up after hours. This stock makes no sense, whatsoever. It's why I got out.
    12-05-13 04:02 PM
    Way up after hours. This stock makes no sense, whatsoever. It's why I got out.
    Way up after hours? I see it up 3 cents from 5.90 to 5.93?
    12-05-13 04:20 PM
    I think in an alternate universe currency it is "way up". .03 on my screen also.

Negative energy? No reality. Give it a shot!
    12-05-13 04:40 PM
    Negative energy? No reality. Give it a shot!
    The longs sound more and more like they are subscribing to mysticism rather than objective analysis when they use phrases like "negative energy".
    notfanboy and techvisor like this.
    12-05-13 04:57 PM
    Might as well open the windows and scream "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore".

The desperation of the longs.
    notfanboy likes this.
    12-05-13 05:00 PM
420 ... 1112131415 ...