Thing is - the longs have been wrong about pretty much... everything. In 2011, they were looking further than a year and were completely wrong, same in 2012 - I guess you could apply the principle that even a stuck watch is right twice a day but that seems odd logic to apply to stocks.
    My time to quote ... OP, day 1. No stuck watch. Still ticking, something like 2.5 yrs to go.

Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision [...]
    11-21-13 11:34 AM
    Pessimism breeds contempt...

Hind sight is 20/20

I cannot tolerate intolerance.

Ah, the good old times when we were so unhappy.

Be realistic, plan for a miracle.

Easy things don't come easy....

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:36 PM
    Pessimism breeds contempt...

Hind sight is 20/20

Posted via CB10
    Who needs hind-sight? The shorts have been right about everything mainly because they didn't latch onto every "my friend spoke to a man in a toilet and he said 'nice phone' and I convinced him to buy 100,000" units" or "I went to a store and the man said they had sold quite a few, to me this mean the Z10 has sold twenty million units".

The stock thread is a faith driven thread and as a result is always going to be widely out. Moreover it works off the erroneous premise that if BB10 is just explained to consumers one more time, they will get it and buy it in their millions.
    11-22-13 01:07 AM
    Who needs hind-sight? The shorts have been right about everything mainly because they didn't latch onto every "my friend spoke to a man in a toilet and he said 'nice phone' and I convinced him to buy 100,000" units" or "I went to a store and the man said they had sold quite a few, to me this mean the Z10 has sold twenty million units".
    If only the support BBRY investors didn't ignore every differing opinion and if only they didn't bury their head in the sand whenever there was bad news, they wouldn't need hindsight either.

The shorts have been correct every step of the way because they looked reality straight in the face.

I have no idea what all those other random platitudes mean two posts above this one. Can anyone make sense of them?
    cgk, mikeo007, richardat and 2 others like this.
    11-22-13 03:41 AM
    My time to quote ... OP, day 1. No stuck watch. Still ticking, something like 2.5 yrs to go.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 2.5 years to go to what? Every three months, just three more months.

The clock is ticking DOWN now. Another plan. Another strategy. Another leadership team. No more zero debt to hang on to.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    11-22-13 04:03 AM
    If only the support BBRY investors didn't ignore every differing opinion and if only they didn't bury their head in the sand whenever there was bad news, they wouldn't need hindsight either.

The shorts have been correct every step of the way because they looked reality straight in the face.

I have no idea what all those other random platitudes mean two posts above this one. Can anyone make sense of them?
    It's almost funny, but more sad. Not only will those folks hide their head in the sand, but they will attack people who present alternatives to their dream scenario. That's what truly makes me wonder about the motives of the "guru" in that thread.
    richardat and techvisor like this.
    11-22-13 07:00 AM

The stock thread is a faith driven thread and as a result is always going to be widely out. Moreover it works off the erroneous premise that if BB10 is just explained to consumers one more time, they will get it and buy it in their millions.
    I see you teach "cherry picking" at that institute of higher learning ...or is it the institute of out of context lol.
    There are two distinct camps concerning BB, you're in the wrong one...nothing particularly hard to understand.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:02 AM
    Hard to understand? So therefore you feel that you are in the right camp.

The camp of a dwindling user base.
    The camp of a failed launch of a flagship new OS.
    The camp of a stock price reaching new lows.
    The camp of an irrelevant company with a niche product.

Now that is hard to understand. Where's the good news?
    11-22-13 07:20 AM
    Hard to understand? So therefore you feel that you are in the right camp.

The camp of a dwindling user base.
    The camp of a failed launch of a flagship new OS.
    The camp of a stock price reaching new lows.
    The camp of an irrelevant company with a niche product.

Now that is hard to understand. Where's the good news?
    Lol...there is considerable positive bits coming out more often now...how is it you show up every time to spew negative all over them....its magic I guess....shouldnt you be defraging you're phones OS or something?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:32 AM
    Lol...there is considerable positive bits coming out more often now...
    Which positives are you referring to?

If there were any obvious/apparent positives, BBRY stock would not have been in decline for the past 1 or 2 weeks. What that means is that the "positives" are only "positives" to you and not the general investing community so you should not expect others, such as njblackberry, to recognize/acknowledge them.
    m1a1mg, JeepBB, richardat and 1 others like this.
    11-22-13 07:54 AM
    To be clear....I don't expect anything...however I also don't enjoy the direct mocking of others that has taken over this thread.

To discuss the declining trend line is the context of this thread I believe...just sayin.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:10 AM
    To be clear....I don't expect anything...however I also don't enjoy the direct mocking of others that has taken over this thread.

To discuss the declining trend line is the context of this thread I believe...just sayin.

Posted via CB10
    Let's make it simple - what's the big news that will shift the stock to $10?
    11-22-13 08:13 AM
    Not even big news - ANY news that would shift the stock upward.
    11-22-13 08:19 AM
    Lol...there is considerable positive bits coming out more often now...how is it you show up every time to spew negative all over them....its magic I guess....shouldnt you be defraging you're phones OS or something?

Posted via CB10
    No need to defrag or insult someone else's choice of phone. My phone works fine. Has all the apps I need. No sideloading required. No leaks of the OS required to gain functionality.

When and where I appear is not magic, nor your concern. I have as much a right to be here as anyone.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    11-22-13 08:21 AM
    Lol....sorry guys, I was bored and this is really cheap entertainment....enjoy your day...evening for you CGK.

(can anyone give me an example of a faster maturing new OS, anyone...anyone?)

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:33 AM
    (can anyone give me an example of a faster maturing new OS, anyone...anyone?)

Posted via CB10
    What the heck does that even mean? You created a metric where you think BB can win. OK, what are the standards?
    11-22-13 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing new really. For as long as I've been on CrackBerry there have been fans that are realist and see that there is room to make BlackBerry greater (or at least they at one time taught that was possible). And then you have people that are fans that want to talk about and be excited about a tech device they love - they would like this to be a bubble of BlackBerry greatness.

There have always been arguments and fights between these two groups.... At one time we had some VERY smart and in the know people that understood a lot about network technology... some of them were pushed away by the fans that taught the iPhone was a fad to be ignored or that needing to open an email attachment over 3MB was silly.
    richardat, techvisor and chr1sny like this.
    11-22-13 11:29 AM
    I
    The platitudes were nonsense as usual - and I might add that the poster should not be trusted - particularly when it comes to stocks. I caught him lying about his stock positions in a previous thread!
    chr1sny likes this.
    11-23-13 05:47 AM
    What the heck does that even mean? You created a metric where you think BB can win. OK, what are the standards?
    I assume he means from launch to completely dead in much less than a year? ;-) The flagship written off....the new flagship launched oversees with nary a whimper.... carriers going from front and center advertising in print/TV/internet to not even carrying the devices? Complete collapse of developer support? Inability to roll out badly needed updates in any orderly manner? All this while ios and android leapfrog to their next iterations..... BB is like the horror of trying to run in a nightmare - impossibly slow motion just when speed is necessary.
    JeepBB, milo53 and techvisor like this.
    11-23-13 05:54 AM
    The stock hit another 52 week low recently.

Think we'll see another one soon?
    11-28-13 03:18 AM
    The stock hit another 52 week low recently.

Think we'll see another one soon?
    Maybe at the EC depending on how bad of a bloodbath it is and if Chen decides to use it to get all the bad news out in one go and kills off BB10 at the same time.
    11-28-13 03:28 AM
    The platitudes were nonsense as usual - and I might add that the poster should not be trusted - particularly when it comes to stocks. I caught him lying about his stock positions in a previous thread!
    Spewing nonsense as usual I see...nice to see the "king of bashers" join the fray (not)...pretty strong words calling someone a liar....how long since you're last ban? Of course you have no way to backup that rediculous claim...but that's normal...attack, defame, mock and run...some things never change. Proof???

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 11-28-13 at 07:37 AM.
    notafanboy and geoffsdad like this.
    11-28-13 03:40 AM
    Maybe at the EC depending on how bad of a bloodbath it is and if Chen decides to use it to get all the bad news out in one go and kills off BB10 at the same time.
    Fair.

First (and maybe second) quarters after a new CEO are moved in are convenient times to drop bad news and have the understanding that it was previous leadership.

I also expect a very poor ER. But is it already priced in is the question I suppose?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:49 AM
    Deleted, waste of time
    11-28-13 04:57 AM
    I don't think it is priced in yet. The stock was kept artificially high because of the $9 purchase that fell through. The only good news will likely be BBM growth, but since they have been so reliant on hardware in the past, the poor hardware news will outweigh the BBM news IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-28-13 06:32 AM
420 ... 910111213 ...