Nope, those that are LONG on BlackBerry would not agree. It's heading to at the minimum $100. Have you not heard of QNX and the millions of cars that use it? Or what about cross Platform BBM with Channels - the social media platform for business? And the NSA is listening so Certicom is going to be the "key" of the future.
    You forgot the ECC stuff. Its all about the ECC stuff.
    11-19-13 02:18 PM
    Wow... $6.05.

And the next Earnings Report, which I expect to be a blood-bath, is still a month away!

How low can it go?
    richardat and techvisor like this.
    11-19-13 02:34 PM
    You forgot the ECC stuff. Its all about the ECC stuff.
    I thought it was the true multitasking that was going to save BB? And now with that ECC stuff, how can they fail?
    richardat and techvisor like this.
    11-19-13 02:36 PM
    Then may I ask why the elevator is still heading towards the basement? Oh you meant the "dead cat bounce" got it now.
    Ain't no dead cats here

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-19-13 02:42 PM
    All I know is that this thread shows both you and Scalemaster have been doom and gloom for a long time...always with your bashing, and negativism....and see? BB isn't dead, they're better than ever!! How you boys like it now??!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!
    I just spewed half chewed cookie all over my laptop screen. Thanks.
    JeepBB and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 02:44 PM
    Im betting that 9$ /share original offer was looking pretty good right about now.
    There never was an offer of 9 bucks a share. If there was BB would have been sold, what there was was an attempt to open up some interest to save a fund managers position....

Now they have taken on considerable debt and are showing no signs of any progress on the earnings front.

I can't see any reason to buy shares in BBRY, easier to throw your money down the drain.

Sent via my S3 and tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 03:02 PM
    How surprising on a BlackBerry enthusiasts forum ?

That's an unfair trick to slide OT and quote threads that were not even in the stock sub section ...
    stock thread only and I have removed names, this is only the first quarter of the thread, I lost interest after that point:

12-29-2011 - A couple weeks ago I picked up a few hundred shares of RIMM. My conclusion was that the shares were at rock bottom and should begin to move back up at least to around $30 a share.

01-18-2011 - iPad3, if it arrives at all, will be priced very high and still too large. There are and will be plenty of people and businesses that will choose RIM and the PlayBook

01-18-2011 - You wait and see how RIM's share price responds if meaningful change is announced

09-13-2012 - RIM is beginning to stand out in the crowd (again)..

01-23-2013 - I can't stress this enough, there's 99% certainty that there will be a MAJOR pullback post Jan 30th launch, it will recover prior to March earnings though. I expect RIM to issue an update before ER on how well the sales are going.

01-24-2013 - Call me crazy but I am back in at 16.90 for 5800 shares!

01-24-2013 - [i]if we use what we think are some reasonable assumptions we can see $1.50 in EPS in C2014, which we think could lift the stock another 20% � 25%.[i] This was actually a quoted analyst

01-29-2013 - I would like to say one last thing, the slope of this upward channel is such that we are projecting $ 30.00/shr by the end of May 2013. If we just trade within this channel and try not to do anything special here, just rally and correct and rally again, we will get to $ 30.00 This poster who I'm only give the codename "The Guru" was only out by $15.

02-07-2013 - I'm not expecting it to pull back below $16 again.

02-07-2013 - Unlikely to fall that low. All news now is sales exceeding expectations, recordbreaking, upgrades. Desperate bears are trying to douse this, but they will be unsuccessful. Blackberry will rule! discussing going below $14

02-08-2013 - I don't know why it is not in the $20s by now. It is easily worth $40...

02-09-2013 - [When you extend the lines out to May, you can see us hitting $ 25.00/shr so the rally is still very much alive here. It's "the guru" again

02-13-2013 I am also worried about Blackberry having enough stock at the end of the month for a US introduction. wasn't a problem...

02-23-2013 "All of my indicators have been EXTREMELY positive so far - web traffic, store sales, forum action, etc." This poster I will name... Crackberry Kevin about the Z10

02-26-2013 I wouldn't wait until after earnings. The analysts are completely underestimating the sales of the Z10. 300,000? That's an absolute joke. I'm in Canada and I have friends that work at Rogers call centers and they tell me regularly that the Z10 is killing it.

02-26-2013 This is the good stuff that's getting lost in the sea of lies.

�We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious,� Heins said, adding that he was checking the sales figures every day.

�The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we�ve increased our production capacity in the meantime,� Heins added.
    I guess we know who's lies...

03-01-2013 Did you guys hear?!? Blackberry have sold over 10 million units already? em...no
    11-19-13 04:25 PM
    The "Guru" took me to task, quite vociferously, when I tried to tell the gathered masses in the thread about how the DoD and smartphones worked. Despite my 28 years of experience, they chose to listen to "some guy from Greece" and the "Guru".

Here we are 6 months later, and everything I predicted is truth: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...y-news-875686/

Neener, neener.
    richardat, aniym, mikeo007 and 1 others like this.
    11-19-13 04:37 PM
    stock thread only and I have removed names, this is only the first quarter of the thread, I lost interest after that point:

12-29-2011 - A couple weeks ago I picked up a few hundred shares of RIMM. My conclusion was that the shares were at rock bottom and should begin to move back up at least to around $30 a share.

01-18-2011 - iPad3, if it arrives at all, will be priced very high and still too large. There are and will be plenty of people and businesses that will choose RIM and the PlayBook

01-18-2011 - You wait and see how RIM's share price responds if meaningful change is announced

09-13-2012 - RIM is beginning to stand out in the crowd (again)..

01-23-2013 - I can't stress this enough, there's 99% certainty that there will be a MAJOR pullback post Jan 30th launch, it will recover prior to March earnings though. I expect RIM to issue an update before ER on how well the sales are going.

01-24-2013 - Call me crazy but I am back in at 16.90 for 5800 shares!

01-24-2013 - [i]if we use what we think are some reasonable assumptions we can see $1.50 in EPS in C2014, which we think could lift the stock another 20% – 25%.[i] This was actually a quoted analyst

01-29-2013 - I would like to say one last thing, the slope of this upward channel is such that we are projecting $ 30.00/shr by the end of May 2013. If we just trade within this channel and try not to do anything special here, just rally and correct and rally again, we will get to $ 30.00 This poster who I'm only give the codename "The Guru" was only out by $15.

02-07-2013 - I'm not expecting it to pull back below $16 again.

02-07-2013 - Unlikely to fall that low. All news now is sales exceeding expectations, recordbreaking, upgrades. Desperate bears are trying to douse this, but they will be unsuccessful. Blackberry will rule! discussing going below $14

02-08-2013 - I don't know why it is not in the $20s by now. It is easily worth $40...

02-09-2013 - [When you extend the lines out to May, you can see us hitting $ 25.00/shr so the rally is still very much alive here. It's "the guru" again

02-13-2013 I am also worried about Blackberry having enough stock at the end of the month for a US introduction. wasn't a problem...

02-23-2013 "All of my indicators have been EXTREMELY positive so far - web traffic, store sales, forum action, etc." This poster I will name... Crackberry Kevin about the Z10

02-26-2013 I wouldn't wait until after earnings. The analysts are completely underestimating the sales of the Z10. 300,000? That's an absolute joke. I'm in Canada and I have friends that work at Rogers call centers and they tell me regularly that the Z10 is killing it.

02-26-2013 This is the good stuff that's getting lost in the sea of lies.

“We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious,” Heins said, adding that he was checking the sales figures every day.

“The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we’ve increased our production capacity in the meantime,” Heins added.
    I guess we know who's lies...

03-01-2013 Did you guys hear?!? Blackberry have sold over 10 million units already? em...no
    Thanks for combing through that thread. I wonder if those posts will be collected in a scrapbook for the $100/share party?

To be serious, most of the "haters" around here don't take issue with simply having an optimistic view of BBRY. They just like to debate the reasoning (or lack thereof) and supposed rational bases for such opinions.
    richardat, JeepBB, aniym and 1 others like this.
    11-19-13 05:34 PM
    The "Guru" took me to task, quite vociferously, when I tried to tell the gathered masses in the thread about how the DoD and smartphones worked. Despite my 28 years of experience, they chose to listen to "some guy from Greece" and the "Guru".

Here we are 6 months later, and everything I predicted is truth: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...y-news-875686/

Neener, neener.
    No one around here likes a "I told you so" unless its about the success of HALO or some other non-BBRY related stock. There seem to be less "I told you so's" when it comes to the success of BBRY stock due to obvious reasons.
    11-19-13 05:37 PM
    i really think it will be. I think RIM sees this too. Which is why they have come up with the "Blackberry Fusion" or whatever. This allows companies to use RIM's services even though they might not be using BB phones.
    wahoo 2 years ago I called the move to services

Also moved the thread to the BBRY sections since we have that now
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-13 05:40 PM
    My target price is $4.50. Based on the the fact that Fairmont was only able to raise that amount.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:49 PM
    Sell short at the opening tomorrow. You still could make money.
    11-19-13 05:53 PM

To be fair, there were a lot of people on the stock thread who were absolutely spot-on in regards to their predictions.
    Superfly_FR and richardat like this.
    11-20-13 01:56 AM
    To be fair, there were a lot of people on the stock thread who were absolutely spot-on in regards to their predictions.
    But most were banned or beat into silence
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    11-20-13 08:44 AM
    You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    That is what 2.5 years of hoping and praying that BB World will improve will do to you. But of course, many posters are spinning this as some sort of huge victory for BB (even though it hasn't been confirmed yet), as opposed to the admission of defeat that it is. The Nook Tablet didn't exactly license the Play Store from Google because its sales were doing well.
    11-20-13 12:12 PM

Nice call. Was it based on a pessimistic outlook about BBRY's hardware at the time?
    11-20-13 12:27 PM
    Nice call. Was it based on a pessimistic outlook about BBRY's hardware at the time?
    i dont know what it was based on back then. Probably the tide of android and apple at that time was already started to beat down pretty fast on BB marketshare. Slow hardware development would be alot of it too
    11-20-13 12:34 PM
    i dont know what it was based on back then. Probably the tide of android and apple at that time was already started to beat down pretty fast on BB marketshare. Slow hardware development would be alot of it too
    Makes sense. Two years ago, the app and hardware (e.g., cameras) gaps started to become especially visible between BB and its competitors. My last Blackberry was a 9000 and since then, I've been waiting for BBRY to offer something competitive to lure me back. Too bad by the time BB10 came out, IOS and Android were mature and market leaders in hardware and apps. Now, Blackberry needs to be more than competitive but give some compelling reasons for a user to pick up a BB10 phone instead of an Iphone or Nexus.
    11-20-13 12:51 PM
    It is strange how so many followers are still hanging on every word the Guru says right now. I swear he is a short seller in disguise, and is using CrackBerry to Pump BBRY while he bets against it.
    m1a1mg, mikeo007 and techvisor like this.
    11-20-13 01:19 PM
    It is strange how so many followers are still hanging on every word the Guru says right now. I swear he is a short seller in disguise, and is using CrackBerry to Pump BBRY while he bets against it.
    I guess he saved his credibility (with them at least) by putting them into other stocks like HALO and ACAD.
    11-20-13 02:03 PM
    I thanked. But this goes BOTH ways. Many are still here, still looking way further than year to come.
    BTW, not sure if I get quoted in your impressive list (that's a tough work !) ... I guess not, based on correct spelling and grammar !
    11-21-13 06:51 AM
    I thanked. But this goes BOTH ways. Many are still here, still looking way further than year to come.
    BTW, not sure if I get quoted in your impressive list (that's a tough work !) ... I guess not, based on correct spelling and grammar !
    Thing is - the longs have been wrong about pretty much... everything. In 2011, they were looking further than a year and were completely wrong, same in 2012 - I guess you could apply the principle that even a stuck watch is right twice a day but that seems odd logic to apply to stocks.
    aniym, JeepBB, mikeo007 and 1 others like this.
    11-21-13 08:52 AM
    A year ago I didn't give BlackBerry much of a chance based on past history. But I did think they had a shot and I got caught up in the excitement enough to invest $200 in BlackBerry (bought a Z10, not any stock). But past history has shown to be a VERY good indicator with BlackBerry.

Now maybe a new CEO will have a few good ideas and a new direction. But unfortunately unless he is cleaning house and hiring a bunch of very talented people in App Development, Software Development, Public Relations, Advertising & Marketing, Carrier Relations - and has the BILLIONS it will take to keep things going and then to reinvent BlackBerry. I'm not sure how at this point anyone could be even "CONFIDENT" about the future of their "investment" in BBRY.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-21-13 09:31 AM
    A year ago I didn't give BlackBerry much of a chance based on past history. But I did think they had a shot and I got caught up in the excitement enough to invest $200 in BlackBerry (bought a Z10, not any stock). But past history has shown to be a VERY good indicator with BlackBerry.

Now maybe a new CEO will have a few good ideas and a new direction. But unfortunately unless he is cleaning house and hiring a bunch of very talented people in App Development, Software Development, Public Relations, Advertising & Marketing, Carrier Relations - and has the BILLIONS it will take to keep things going and then to reinvent BlackBerry. I'm not sure how at this point anyone could be even "CONFIDENT" about the future of their "investment" in BBRY.
    Forgetting the other bits of the business (BES, BBM, QNX) - the reason I think they can't come back with phones is that they are simply too small - they are a company with hundreds of millions to play with in a sector where the only two companies making serious money are spending billions.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-21-13 09:56 AM
420 ... 89101112 ...