Closed at $6.16...
    Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:39 PM
    I remember when it dropped to $40 per share. Everybody on the forums were screaming "Now's the time to buy!"

First rule of buying stock... Never buy stock in a company you have a personal attachment to. If you follow this site religiously, you should never have invested.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Agree about the emotional part... but you don't have to be emotionally attached just because you are here. Lot's of good info can be found here to help you make an informed investment... but stay away from the "I'm Long" posters that are too "invested".

To close a $6.16 today, you have to wonder where the bottom is and what will happen with another negative ER? Sure seems like right now would be a good time to buy based on assets and cash....
    11-18-13 03:44 PM
    Agree about the emotional part... but you don't have to be emotionally attached just because you are here. Lot's of good info can be found here to help you make an informed investment... but stay away from the "I'm Long" posters that are too "invested".
    I challenge you to post one piece of information found here over the last 3-4 years that has proven to be sound advice (aside from "don't do it!") on investing in RIM/BBRY. Just one... really...

Lots of good? Really? The only good info would have been "Sell! Get out!"
    11-18-13 05:13 PM
    Don't worry their is an entire week for it to drop more. Next conference call will be a blood bath.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor, JeepBB and qwerty4ever like this.
    11-18-13 07:13 PM
    I challenge you to post one piece of information found here over the last 3-4 years that has proven to be sound advice (aside from "don't do it!") on investing in RIM/BBRY. Just one... really...

All I know is that this thread shows both you and Scalemaster have been doom and gloom for a long time...always with your bashing, and negativism....and see? BB isn't dead, they're better than ever!! How you boys like it now??!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!
    techvisor, JeepBB and m1a1mg like this.
    11-18-13 07:22 PM

On the opposite side of the spectrum, it would be rather ready to find hundreds of pieces of unsound advice.
    11-18-13 08:12 PM
    Face facts about the current reality surrounding Research In Motion (BlackBerry). The share price is not anticipated to increase substantially although there is a high probability of further declines. If the shares paid a dividend there would be at least some rationale for investment in the company. Prem Watsa orchestrated a coup in furtherance of his objective of seizing control of the company without much of the downside risk.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    11-18-13 08:34 PM
    All I know is that this thread shows both you and Scalemaster have been doom and gloom for a long time...always with your bashing, and negativism....and see? BB isn't dead, they're better than ever!! How you boys like it now??!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!
    Reading this... I was like... "Wha?..." but then I realized my sarcasm meter is running a bit slow.
    11-18-13 08:47 PM
    A bit shocking to see how 2 years ago $19 was considered bad news. An offer to buy BB for $19 per share today would be greeted with tears of pure joy by most people here.
    11-18-13 09:58 PM
    One thing I have noticed and found amazing around blogs and forums is that a lot of comments read R.I.P BB, good bye BB, or die already, etc..
    What has happened is that I rarely see those comments nowadays because those people got tired of repeating themselves and gave up on writing the same BUT, BlackBerry on the other hand has not given up. So, kudos to them for hanging in there and trying.
    11-19-13 12:02 AM
    Bumping this one rather than starting a new thread.

The thread title is once again relevant today.

BBRY hit $6.25 some minutes ago, is that the lowest it ever got? Anyone know?
    And took a moment to update the title, so it reflects the current position.
    11-19-13 12:07 AM
    One thing I have noticed and found amazing around blogs and forums is that a lot of comments read R.I.P BB, good bye BB, or die already, etc..
    What has happened is that I rarely see those comments nowadays because those people got tired of repeating themselves and gave up on writing the same BUT, BlackBerry on the other hand has not given up. So, kudos to them for hanging in there and trying.
    That's what it's all about: hanging around.
    Stock price has no value as an indicator in this period.
    Volumes are low and SP is moving on no news; we don't even know who is pushing the price down (nor for what purpose).

We are now tending to the ridiculous levels where the entire company would be valued less than (free) cash in hands + real estate.
    We have to wait for figures (i.e December) to draw the picture in full.
    Sales were bad, we can anticipate that. But we must also remember that the Q2 write off also anticipated that and Tax returns plus CORE effects put in the balance might result into a close to break-even revenue situation.

Chen's post E.R comments, strategic review and guidance (if any, but I believe they cannot afford to omit it) will be the key elements.
    In the meantime ... anyone can sing whatever tune he likes
    11-19-13 07:55 AM

With hindsight, you can see all sorts of crazy suggestions over on the stock forum - one of my favourites is that BBM music would cause the stock price to rocket.
    techvisor, richardat and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-13 08:05 AM
    With hindsight, you can see all sorts of crazy suggestions over on the stock forum - one of my favourites is that BBM music would cause the stock price to rocket.
    I remember the "BBM Music Will Beat iTunes" posts.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 08:14 AM
    Come back a bit but hit $5.98 for a minute there... ouch!
    11-19-13 09:01 AM
    I remember the "BBM Music Will Beat iTunes" posts.
    These are kind of unforgettable as well:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-skype-807133/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...tagram-856217/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-and...tagram-852229/
    11-19-13 10:49 AM
    How surprising on a BlackBerry enthusiasts forum ?

That's an unfair trick to slide OT and quote threads that were not even in the stock sub section ...
    or worse, linking without even reading - you probably know no one will either - as for the first thread (in BBRY) you link, OP is :
    The question here is; what is the value for BBRY?
    How can BBRY monetize this?
    Play fair, there's enough to discuss and disagree.
    11-19-13 11:10 AM

A lot of advice last September and October tuned out to be good.... (as long as you sold before the end of January).

Several guys who suggested shorting of the Stock just before the Launch....

Of course all of these trades require people to know what they are doing and to be focused on the goal... in this case making money. If showing your support for BlackBerry was the goal, then oops. I bought a Z10 from them.... not going to risk 10's or 100's of thousands of dollars on them.
    richardat likes this.
    11-19-13 11:14 AM
    Im betting that 9$ /share original offer was looking pretty good right about now.

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-19-13 12:05 PM
    Im betting that 9$ /share original offer was looking pretty good right about now.
    Nope, those that are LONG on BlackBerry would not agree. It's heading to at the minimum $100. Have you not heard of QNX and the millions of cars that use it? Or what about cross Platform BBM with Channels - the social media platform for business? And the NSA is listening so Certicom is going to be the "key" of the future.
    aniym and techvisor like this.
    11-19-13 01:09 PM
    Nope, those that are LONG on BlackBerry would not agree. It's heading to at the minimum $100. Have you not heard of QNX and the millions of cars that use it? Or what about cross Platform BBM with Channels - the social media platform for business? And the NSA is listening so Certicom is going to be the "key" of the future.
    I don't know what's your breakfast, but you should add something to sweet your daily anger.
    oh ...
    11-19-13 01:14 PM
    It did. Just not in the anticipated direction. OP was half correct.
    11-19-13 01:28 PM
    The only way is up baby!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-19-13 01:54 PM
    Nope, those that are LONG on BlackBerry would not agree. It's heading to at the minimum $100.
    Sacre Bleu. ROFLMAO
    11-19-13 02:09 PM
    The only way is up baby!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    Then may I ask why the elevator is still heading towards the basement? Oh you meant the "dead cat bounce" got it now.
    11-19-13 02:10 PM
420 ... 7891011 ...