wait till the downgrades start rolling in tomorrow and next week...
    12-15-11 10:25 PM
    Still not buying at 14. Once again, congrats shorts on the further gains.
    12-15-11 11:29 PM
    I could be a capitulation day today. Look late in the day, if it is down by 10% or so it could be a buy for a short term trade. I still wouldn't think of it at as investment, just a flip/trade over the short term.
    12-16-11 05:58 AM
    I could be a capitulation day today. Look late in the day, if it is down by 10% or so it could be a buy for a short term trade. I still wouldn't think of it at as investment, just a flip/trade over the short term.
    Right on the money, sadly.. .OMGitworks...

Research In Motion Limited (NasdaqGS: RIMM )
    Pre-Market Real-Time: 13.63 -1.50 (-9.91%) 8:39AM EST
    Last edited by JBenn911; 12-16-11 at 07:44 AM. Reason: udpated text
    12-16-11 07:42 AM
    I might buy once it hits $7 or $8...I could see it bought at that price point...then again, if RIM fails, all I lose is $7 or $8 bucks
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-16-11 07:46 AM
    drops that low, bruce.. I'll meet you at 17th at Market and we can go hit Barclay's, UBS or Goldman Sachs in that building off the corner..LOL...
    12-16-11 07:51 AM
    drops that low, bruce.. I'll meet you at 17th at Market and we can go hit Barclay's, UBS or Goldman Sachs in that building off the corner..LOL...
    See you there haha..
    12-16-11 08:38 AM
    well50 mins in and its already down 11%. I predicted 15-20% by end of day. I'm pretty sure we'll hit at least 15%. It had dropped 10% just warning about playbook inventory.

It was down as much as 13.80% eariler.

People thought all was already baked into the price. If that were true, the stock would never have cropped under 25$. the company in still profitable and the stock is WELL under it's book value. The stock price right now has nothing to do with the companies profitability and everything to do with the lack of confidence in management.
    Last edited by TheMimic; 12-16-11 at 08:58 AM.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:52 AM
    well50 mins in and its already down 11%. I predicted 15-20% by end of day. I'm pretty sure we'll hit at least 15%. It had dropped 10% just warning about playbook inventory.

It was down as much as 13.80% eariler.

People thought all was already baked into the price. If that were true, the stock would never have cropped under 25$. the company in still profitable and the stock is WELL under it's book value. The stock price right now has nothing to do with the companies profitability and everything to do with the lack of confidence in management.
    RIMM committed a cardinal sin. They pre-announced, but still missed on some important metrics. The Wall Street rule is that is your are going to pre-announce, err on the conservative side and get all the bad news out. They kept some very bad news on the # of shipments and "delay" of the new phones to themselves. Wall Street will and should punish them even further then they already had. Either they are very foolish as to how markets act or their estimates 2 weeks ago were badly off. Either way its unacceptable for a company of RIMMs size and stature. The two bozos at the top of RIMM are literally driving this decent company into the ground with amateur mistake after mistake on a variety of product and marketing and investor relations issues. Even at a $1 per year they are still both grossly overpaid. If it hits 10 I am going to get interested in a short term position....
    1812dave and JBenn911 like this.
    12-16-11 09:31 AM
    RIMM committed a cardinal sin. They pre-announced, but still missed on some important metrics. The Wall Street rule is that is your are going to pre-announce, err on the conservative side and get all the bad news out. They kept some very bad news on the # of shipments and "delay" of the new phones to themselves. Wall Street will and should punish them even further then they already had. Either they are very foolish as to how markets act or their estimates 2 weeks ago were badly off. Either way its unacceptable for a company of RIMMs size and stature. The two bozos at the top of RIMM are literally driving this decent company into the ground with amateur mistake after mistake on a variety of product and marketing and investor relations issues. Even at a $1 per year they are still both grossly overpaid. If it hits 10 I am going to get interested in a short term position....
    Rim's motto is "Over promise, Under Deliver and make sure it's super late"
    1812dave likes this.
    12-16-11 11:32 AM
    Only way it drops over 10% is if there is an accounting fraud issue. earnings no matter how bad will not drop this another 20% after the warning already made.
    I had your comment pop to mind last night as the I heard the results of the earnings call. So no accounting fraud and it's down about 13%. As I mentioned, they are just idi0ts. They shoulda just waited to put all the bad together in the earnings call. instead the stock took a beating 2 weeks before the call, lost about 3$ a share and now we're down another 2$.
    12-16-11 12:06 PM
    Well atleast they're not making the same mistake they made before like with the Playbook? Release good hardware with horrible software.

That would be worse.
    12-16-11 12:27 PM
    Well atleast they're not making the same mistake they made before like with the Playbook? Release good hardware with horrible software.
    Ummm... counting your chickens there, arn't you? BB10 phones are vapourware. Stating that when they eventually come out, they'll have top of the line software and hardware just because they're delaying nine or so months to get a specific dual-core/lte chipset is one **** of an assumption.

I'd more likely expect for BB10 and the phone hardware to already be out of date because of the delay. Apple, Google (Samsung, HTC), and Microsoft (Nokia, HTC) arn't going to sit around waiting for RIM to come out and play.

If the phones are finished being designed Jan 2012, and sit around 10 months waiting for the cpu/radio, then that design is already almost a year out of date by release time. Do you really think the other smart phone manufacturers won't already be selling quad core phones by the end of 2012? And if Windows 8 is as interconnected with your PC as they say it will be, that's one **** of a selling point OS wise.
    1812dave and JeepBB like this.
    12-16-11 06:06 PM
    I had your comment pop to mind last night as the I heard the results of the earnings call. So no accounting fraud and it's down about 13%. As I mentioned, they are just idi0ts. They shoulda just waited to put all the bad together in the earnings call. instead the stock took a beating 2 weeks before the call, lost about 3$ a share and now we're down another 2$.
    No, I was referring to the afterhours trading. It was trading at 14 last night, when it closed at(I don't feel like looking it up, but 15.18? area) So not quite the % decline.

You are correct, just like the banks through the past few years, they would take massive writedowns and try to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Kinda like how apple used to always sell off for years by underestimating future earnings just so they could easily beat them.

The selloff was in most part to the great news of a once again delay of blackberry products. The company that tried calling something bbx(but was already patented, idiots can't even name a product correctly) had the great news of the delay of the next os.

We? Are you a shareholder? If so, i feel for you. I think a general market selloff may be coming and rimm may just follow the trend of the general decline.

I traded rimm once this past month(can't recall the date) and got very lucky to get out. I averaged down twice. It's funny that I bought at 17.34 and again in the mid 16s and had my sell order hit profitably at 17.22 and then it hit the low 18s within the next day or two. Funny, that's how ***** stock traders like myself operate though. No investing in rimm for me. Only trading spots and etns based on the dow, small caps, s&p.
    12-16-11 08:36 PM
    Anyone dare buy in the 13s today?
    12-16-11 08:37 PM
    My favorite poster here, euro2low, who is immortalized in my sig, didn't think it would drop much further than $30 when he bought this past summer, despite my recommendations to the contrary.

Ah well, I guess the market needs losers too
    notfanboy and JBenn911 like this.
    12-17-11 03:03 AM
    Anyone buying if the 13s this week?
    12-18-11 02:35 PM
    Anyone buying if the 13s this week?

Just might..lookin better and better
    12-18-11 02:52 PM
    I'll wait, I'm sure within the next few weeks it'll be around 9 or 10 bucks.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 03:04 PM
    This post reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    12-19-11 05:03 PM
    I own RIM shares and it's pathetic how much of a beating they took even after I bought them at what I considered low.

So I'm a little confused....what's the plan? BB10 phones delayed another year for no real reason, ***** CEOs still in charge, market share continues to plummet, playbook is and will continue to be a failure...is RIM really not going to do anything for another whole year while it's stock and market share erodes even further?? Is there no way up at all until a year from now?
    mustangv8 likes this.
    12-19-11 05:18 PM
    I own RIM shares and it's pathetic how much of a beating they took even after I bought them at what I considered low.

So I'm a little confused....what's the plan? BB10 phones delayed another year for no real reason, ***** CEOs still in charge, market share continues to plummet, playbook is and will continue to be a failure...is RIM really not going to do anything for another whole year while it's stock and market share erodes even further?? Is there no way up at all until a year from now?
    It's going to fall right through 10, possibly as low as 6. The next two quarters are going to be even sadder, which is beyond imagination. Some one is going to jump the gun and buy the patents and service business in six months. Microsoft, Google, Samsung, maybe even Apple or a telecom. That's probably the last bounce the stock is going to have.
    12-19-11 05:24 PM

The price that is low as it is, means the investors think in 6-12 months RIM won't be profitable anymore, and will be facing a serious financial crisis. I don't know if they are right, but they have had a tremendous problem executing lately which has put them behind their fiercer competition.

I can imagine that the CEO's are under pressure to leave given the current situation, and the board and investors are being extremely patient given the lack of performance in product release. And since the value of the company in technology is determined more in the future product pipeline more than existing product, many people are (rightly) thinking that the current product is going to lose people to the competition, and when RIM does release their BBX phone, their track record says they will be later, and will be 6-9 months behind the cutting edge competition.

Now ... I also think this stock price is based upon the assumption they will fail to execute, and if they say 12 months before BBX, then the Street is likely thinking that this is the best they can do.

I am not sure what a $1 salary means in the context that they are currently making money unless they expect to start bleeding money soon?

I hope RIM does well, but they have a tough year ahead of them!
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 12-19-11 at 07:06 PM.
    12-19-11 05:28 PM
    This post reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day.
    I have never seen a thread that has been so accurate for so many days "Rimm hit a 52 week low today"
    mustangv8 and ADGrant like this.
    12-19-11 05:30 PM
    I am concerned based on what RIM did with the playbook. They released what is essentially a tablet that was incomplete and have yet to provide a software update. Maybe the QNX OS is just not compatible? Maybe the investors know this? Maybe BB10 just plain out doesn't work. I just have a feeling that the investors know something we don't know. The stocks plumetting in this fashion indicate a severe issue. Is RIM looking for a buyer and has no plans of a QNX update or BB10? So many questions.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    12-19-11 06:11 PM
420 ... 45678 ...