RIMM is now in the low 17s. It's lost another dollar or so today.
    And it keeps getting better!

If it drops below $15 I might even buy 50 shares or something.
    JBenn911 and mustangv8 like this.
    11-10-11 10:24 AM
    Enjoy the rollercoaster ride!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 using Tapatalk @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    mustangv8 likes this.
    11-10-11 12:26 PM
    healthy up market today and rimm creates another new 52 week low. I'm interested in the activity tomorrow if the market sells off. I think rimm will hold steady tomorrow, just a guess. I may take a position for a possible trade soon. The typical buyout/merger rumors go on over the weekend, another reason volume is usually higher on Fridays and generally more call options picked up.
    11-10-11 03:00 PM
    up 6.16% so far today
    11-11-11 01:16 PM
    Wow, broke into the high 16s earlier, anyone buying rimm in the low 17s tomorrow? Anyone have to average down already, thinking they caught a bottom?
    11-22-11 12:18 AM
    Closes at $16.20 not sure how much lower his will drop before an acquisition happens. I think that will happen before June 2012 without a doubt if not sooner. I still can't get over the fact that the board allows these two CEO's to run this company into the ground. It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not on the acquisition statement but surely no one can argue that these two clowns shoud have been gone yesterday.
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 11-23-11 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    OMGitworks and JBenn911 like this.
    11-23-11 06:24 PM
    could not agree with you more how can these two clowns still be incharge!!!!!!!!
    this company used to have a $70 billion market cap a few years ago now twindled down to about $8 billion holy crap that is laughable if it wasnt so pathetic
    11-23-11 06:52 PM
    I think acquisition is inevitable now. Given the patents and other assets RIM holds the company is so cheap now you just can't ignore it... Last remaining question is how low...

PG
    11-23-11 08:02 PM
    Take a look at Nokia's price and you have your answer as to how low. Nokia has a much larger patent portfolio. RIM's patent portfolio lacks depth. Unless clickable screens become a retro fad.

I think acquisition is inevitable now. Given the patents and other assets RIM holds the company is so cheap now you just can't ignore it... Last remaining question is how low...

PG
    11-23-11 08:24 PM
    Calling the co-CEO's clowns makes the assumption they are entertaining someone. I beg to differ. They can't recover from this. RIM might, through a take-over, but they can't.

Pasture time.
    11-23-11 08:29 PM
    One could say they're entertaining to the execs at Apple and Google....

PG
    11-23-11 09:32 PM
    The execs at Google and Apple are too busy counting their money to worry about irrelevant businesses.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-23-11 09:43 PM
    Yikes. Getting lower and lower. I wonder if they show something new off soon in hopes of raising it back up. By the sounds of it they don't have a BBX phone ready for internal testing yet so I don't think they would be able to show off that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 09:55 PM
    Maybe we hit bottom sub 16 today?
    12-12-11 02:59 PM
    Good time to buy. There will continue to be volatility until RIMM brings out the BB10 phones and PlayBook OS 2 which should give the stock a nice bump, providing the phones and PlayBook Revisited sell well.
    12-12-11 03:04 PM
    Good time to buy. There will continue to be volatility until RIMM brings out the BB10 phones and PlayBook OS 2 which should give the stock a nice bump, providing the phones and PlayBook Revisited sell well.
    That's horrible horrible advice. Never suggest one should purchase stock based on it's cheap price.
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 12-12-11 at 03:34 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-12-11 03:20 PM
    Any surprise to see RIMM hit a 52 week low today? Especially given how much the nasdaq is up this year. Hope the shorts and put owners cashed in, the ceo has certainly helped your cause.

While the owners of aapl continue to smile as they check their quotes
    I advised people to sell RIMM short, but how many actually did it!
    12-12-11 03:28 PM
    52 week low yes.

but RIMM was also at $20.25 in June of 1999.

I hope everyone realizes why Buy and hold no longer works.
    12-12-11 03:49 PM
    I advised people to sell RIMM short, but how many actually did it!
    The question, as always, is whether there is more upside than downside.

RIM's dropped like a rock, and has maybe $8bln in market cap. Now, they have close to a billion in cash, and they're still making money. They've got good product in the pipeline, and there's reason to believe things can turn around.

I actually took a lot of encouragement by their announcement that PBOS 2.0 wouldn't be out until February; to me that suggested they wanted time to regroup, and actually MEET that target. The developer preview is working well for me, and I think they've got the basis for a good product.

Sure, they're down today. The market in general is down, and RIM is unlikely to release any news that will affect their stock either way for the next couple of months.

I believe in RIM's ability to come back. I also think that as a potential takeover target they're currently undervalued. Either way, it works out for me.
    12-12-11 03:53 PM
    I would like to see RIM succeed as well. However, the old business model is being entirely replaced by a new one. The days of selling millions of contract blackberries to corporations is over. The roadmap to RIM's potential future revenue source is BB10 to consumers. Even though the have renamed the Operating system 3 times, it certainly has proven to be a disaster to both the consumer and the enterprise.

I don't see how RIM somehow miraculously reverses the damage it did to it's brand with the playbook. Adding some features in February to the OS, I am afraid will not cut it.

Maybe I am missing some hidden feature in the new phones that is yet to be disclosed but looking at RIM"s innovative recent history, I doubt it. I would stay with the trend on this stock pick.
    12-12-11 04:14 PM
    I would like to see RIM succeed as well. However, the old business model is being entirely replaced by a new one. The days of selling millions of contract blackberries to corporations is over. The roadmap to RIM's potential future revenue source is BB10 to consumers. Even though the have renamed the Operating system 3 times, it certainly has proven to be a disaster to both the consumer and the enterprise.

I don't see how RIM somehow miraculously reverses the damage it did to it's brand with the playbook. Adding some features in February to the OS, I am afraid will not cut it.

Maybe I am missing some hidden feature in the new phones that is yet to be disclosed but looking at RIM"s innovative recent history, I doubt it. I would stay with the trend on this stock pick.

I don't know if I necessarily agree. Although right now more people are bringing their phones in and using them corporately, doesn't mean that's the future. What if over time the other platforms don't measure up to the streamline business aspect of BB, whether is a long enough battery to get through the day, call quality, simple short cuts getting to email, calendar or anything else of that nature. Of course there's the security. For now I suppose there haven't been any breeches but as more devices are being use, that may now lead to more attempt at hacking information. It may just take one issue for a company to have this happen and tell their employees that playtime is over and it's back to BB's.
    12-12-11 04:43 PM
    Why would anyone in their right mind presume that RIM's fortunes are going to turn around? They have inept management and lackluster products that are being eclipsed by their rivals. I predict that RIM will continue it's downward spiral, into oblivion.
    12-12-11 04:53 PM
    Why would anyone in their right mind presume that RIM's fortunes are going to turn around? They have inept management and lackluster products that are being eclipsed by their rivals. I predict that RIM will continue it's downward spiral, into oblivion.
    And that is putting it mildly.
    1812dave likes this.
    12-12-11 04:57 PM
    Look at NetFlix, a complete cluster@$#@$#... but does anyone really think they are going away??
    12-12-11 05:06 PM
    I don't know if I necessarily agree. Although right now more people are bringing their phones in and using them corporately, doesn't mean that's the future. What if over time the other platforms don't measure up to the streamline business aspect of BB, whether is a long enough battery to get through the day, call quality, simple short cuts getting to email, calendar or anything else of that nature. Of course there's the security. For now I suppose there haven't been any breeches but as more devices are being use, that may now lead to more attempt at hacking information. It may just take one issue for a company to have this happen and tell their employees that playtime is over and it's back to BB's.
    i really think it will be. I think RIM sees this too. Which is why they have come up with the "Blackberry Fusion" or whatever. This allows companies to use RIM's services even though they might not be using BB phones.
    12-12-11 05:19 PM
420 12345 ...