A flop? For sale? Yeah, riiiight!!?

Z10 10.3 Rocks!
    04-02-14 12:42 AM
    A flop? For sale? Yeah, riiiight!!?

Z10 10.3 Rocks!
    BB10 is now a stable and very powerful OS, don't get me wrong I like it. But as a new platform that was suppose to bring BlackBerry into the modern smartphone age.... the BB10 Platform is a FLOP. It's sales at launch were a huge disappointment, and each quarter it appears that there are fewer BB10 devices being sold than the quarter before.

If you don't understand that what Chen is doing is more about making the company appear valuable and less about really trying to sell smartphones, or get revenues from BES, BIS, BBM or QNX.... not much I can do to enlightening you.
    04-02-14 08:31 AM
    Obviously never been hacked. There is a first time for everything. Just ask target who ended up spending 1 billion after their security breach. But security isn't that important? Say what?. At some point we are all going to look back and ask why security wasn't important. It is and it should be.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-15-14 10:26 PM
    Obviously never been hacked. There is a first time for everything. Just ask target who ended up spending 1 billion after their security breach. But security isn't that important? Say what?. At some point we are all going to look back and ask why security wasn't important. It is and it should be.

Security is important.... at least enough security to allow people to buy stuff in Candy Crush.

But pointing to some security breach that had nothing to do with mobile devices, doesn't change the fact that most people feel secure with iOS and Android. It only points out that we are all vulnerable in so many ways....
    06-17-14 03:00 PM
    BB10 is now a stable and very powerful OS, don't get me wrong I like it. But as a new platform that was suppose to bring BlackBerry into the modern smartphone age.... the BB10 Platform is a FLOP. It's sales at launch were a huge disappointment, and each quarter it appears that there are fewer BB10 devices being sold than the quarter before.
    The problem with BB10 is that its still an operating system for small screens and will never be desktop class.

Apple's iOS is very close to replacing their desktop OSX especially since Apple has just created a new language that allows programmers to access the chip directly and thus be able to match console game performance.

This kind of performance will not only make console games on a tablet, but will no doubt resonate into other fields such as medical and engineering.

Until BlackBerry realizes that the handset business is not a permanent (commodity) industry, they will fade away with the other mechanical keyboard industries (typewriters and adding machines).

Microsoft taught Apple and IBM decades ago that its the software that gives the experience and not the hardware. They learned their lesson twenty years ago.

BlackBerry is still trying to make their legacy product relevant.
    06-19-14 12:58 PM
    If you have anything good to say, go to the iphone area you do sound like a troll

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 02:13 PM
    Microsoft taught Apple and IBM decades ago that its the software that gives the experience and not the hardware. They learned their lesson twenty years ago.
    Apple is primarily a hardware company. It's Os is very nice but hardware and the design of that hardware is at least as important. So Microsoft didn't teach anything and you have also learned the wrong lesson if you think hardware isn't important to Apple.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:20 PM
    The problem with BB10 is that its still an operating system for small screens and will never be desktop class.

Apple's iOS is very close to replacing their desktop OSX especially since Apple has just created a new language that allows programmers to access the chip directly and thus be able to match console game performance.

BlackBerry is still trying to make their legacy product relevant.
    Directly accessing chips? Are you joking? Seems like you should get a lecture in hardware near programming with assembler and this stuff.

Apples new language is just a way to bind them at apples ecosystem. This languages is not a low level language. I can't just be, because it already bases on high lvl language...

Sometimes this forum is so ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    jpvj likes this.
    06-21-14 10:53 AM
    Directly accessing chips? Are you joking? Seems like you should get a lecture in hardware near programming with assembler and this stuff.

Apples new language is just a way to bind them at apples ecosystem. This languages is not a low level language. I can't just be, because it already bases on high lvl language...

Sometimes this forum is so ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    I think he is probably referred to the Metal framework instead of the Swift. Even in the Apple programming guide, Metal is considered a shader programming language, so he is not totally wrong.
    06-23-14 05:14 PM
    Security is important.... at least enough security to allow people to buy stuff in Candy Crush.

But pointing to some security breach that had nothing to do with mobile devices, doesn't change the fact that most people feel secure with iOS and Android. It only points out that we are all vulnerable in so many ways....
    And Angela Merkel got hacked on her cellphone after she switched from blackberry and then she switched back but being the chancellor of Germany isn't that important? Nothing to do with cellphone security? Read the news maybe.

06-24-14 10:03 PM
    And Angela Merkel got hacked on her cellphone after she switched from blackberry and then she switched back but being the chancellor of Germany isn't that important? Nothing to do with cellphone security? Read the news maybe.

I doubt many of us get the attention the chancellor of Germany does.....

But from what I've read... a BlackBerry might not do much to prevent the hacking that was done.
    BlackBerry doesn't do anything to stop eavesdropping of phone conversations - like it was assumed took place.
    BlackBerry does prevent interception of easily readable emails between the device and a BES Server (if you have one) but then it is again interceptable if it leaves that network. And with the NSA being the ones involved in all of this, I wouldn't give you odds on a BlackBerry doing more than slowing them down.... so bad example.

As I said Security is important, but there are levels of security people are willing to deal with to get what they deem important. Just look at the PlayBook and BB10 devices and what some BlackBerry users have done to get apps.... download files from unknown websites, installed 3rd party apps stores that are known to have higher levels of malware, install Andorid Apps that require full access....
    06-25-14 11:10 AM
36 12