BBRY has the best technology, best mobile computing platform, best security but horrible perception. PR people have done the worst job. IR people can't get big name investment firms behind Blackberry.
    Its a pity how the bashers have taken control of the stock price and the media.
    People from other countries and US have asked me: Is Blackberry going out of business?
    I say that is not possible, $3 billion in cash, no debt. But the point is bad PR and media coverage has led to this horrible perception.
    Why no new big name institutions backing BBRY? What is the IR department doing?

Sheer arrogance and incompetence in these two areas of Blackberry. Such a pity that such great technology, the best, but such bad perception because of bad PR and media and analyst comments. So sad.

If PR and IR were even average, the stock would be at over $40 now. This would change perception and feed on itself. This vicious cycle is bad and has to be reversed but BBRY moves so slow.
    chern likes this.
    05-20-13 12:12 PM
    Sorry...if your premise was even half correct Microsoft's phone and tablet would be ruling the world...you must agree that the PR has been outstanding for MS8 yet few adopters or market share increase.

Posted via CB10
    Stewart Cottle likes this.
    05-20-13 12:31 PM
    MSFT has a valuation of 250 billion. look at pr and ir of companies like salesforce. not only am i half correct, i am 100% correct.
    bbry is down 90%, you cant spin that. you cant support losers like the ir and the pr team at bbry.
    05-20-13 12:38 PM
    Look at netflix, salesforce, even lululemon, or doubleday.... look at apple... look at google's stock price after its event, how it went up, bbry went down after bb live.
    go defend the pr and the ir department but they are really really bad.
    only if the pr and the ir was as good as bbry technology, we would be a leading platform... huge market share because of good perception(and most importantly, good technology to back it up) and a stock price of $40, 60, who know, maybe $80. Its all self-enforcing stuff. We are on the negative side.
    05-20-13 12:45 PM
    Sorry...you said they are incompetent in the PR department...if all it took was money and a catchy add campaign then Win8 devices would be number one...your mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-20-13 at 02:00 PM.
    05-20-13 01:08 PM
    I never said that, you must have good technology to back it up. win8 comes nowhere close to what blackberry has. why dont you think before blaming all of blackberry's troubles on me.
    05-20-13 01:44 PM
    Excessive emotions + investing... what a tag team.
    05-20-13 05:16 PM
    What angst! If this was a cartoon strip, you'll be our one man caped crusader to save BBRY from itself

And the next Hollywood blockbuster staring Tom Hanks would be ......
    05-20-13 06:00 PM
    Its not emotions dude, these are the facts. So all the activist investors are also basket case of emotional turmoils? Let management do whatever, owners should keep quiet eh? People who buy shares and when management does something wrong, they comment... thats the heart of capitalism. Or else the agent will have all the power rather than share with the owner.. the owner-agency conflict..
    Last edited by savingblackberry; 05-21-13 at 11:37 AM.
    05-21-13 08:39 AM
    If microsoft had the same technology as Blackberry, it would rule the mobile world.
    05-21-13 10:24 AM
    I never said that, you must have good technology to back it up. win8 comes nowhere close to what blackberry has. why dont you think before blaming all of blackberry's troubles on me.
    Describe exactly what technology Blackberry has to be so superior to everything else?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-21-13 10:29 AM
    hahaha funny boy, now play with your toys
    05-21-13 11:38 AM
    Its not emotions dude, these are the facts. So all the activist investors are also basket case of emotional turmoils? Let management do whatever, owners should keep quiet eh? People who buy shares and when management does something wrong, they comment... thats the heart of capitalism. Or else the agent will have all the power rather than share with the owner.. the owner-agency conflict..
    The heart of capitalism is choice, dude. If you don't like the shares, sell it.
    northernrds likes this.
    05-21-13 01:28 PM
    savingblackberry, why don't you take your argument to BlackBerry rather than CrackBerry? Venting here will bring no change. If you feel you know something they don't then address it to them directly. Check out their Careers page and see if you can find a position that you feel might allow you to make some change over in Waterloo, otherwise you're wasting your time.
    05-21-13 02:11 PM
    No, it doesn't work that way. So in your world, management can do whatever with the company that technically belongs to the shareholders. Its so annoying when people who have no clue about shareholders rights, capitalism lecturing me about it.
    05-21-13 02:15 PM
    Why? I am posting under the BBRY forum, that is for the stock. Then why does Chris post articles here about the stock. Stock prices matter, it reflects on the company. But I guess logic and reasoning has no place here.
    05-21-13 02:16 PM
    The heart of capitalism is choice, dude. If you don't like the shares, sell it.
    cap�i�tal�ism
    An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit.

I am a private owner of Blackberry like so many other shareholders. I think this asset is extremely valuable. A few things are preventing it from realizing its full value. As a capitalist, I have the right to point out what is wrong.. but I maybe be wrong but thats what a debate should be. Not, oh don't play if you don't like us. Ok, I will sell my shares to you at my cost basis plus a normal rate of return... time value of money, do you have close to a million dollars? I dont think so.
    05-21-13 02:24 PM
    cap�i�tal�ism
    An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit.

I am a private owner of Blackberry like so many other shareholders. I think this asset is extremely valuable. A few things are preventing it from realizing its full value. As a capitalist, I have the right to point out what is wrong.. but I maybe be wrong but thats what a debate should be. Not, oh don't play if you don't like us. Ok, I will sell my shares to you at my cost basis plus a normal rate of return... time value of money, do you have close to a million dollars? I dont think so.
    And why would you be DEFINING capitalism ....when you are all melodramatic about " ...they comment... thats the heart of capitalism......" You do understand what definition means, right ....?

And if you are losing money on BBRY, thank you You do understand that the stock market redistribute wealth, right .....?

Oh .....btw .....these whinning about how BAD the management is .....go attend the AGM and tell it to them. How they are the WORST in everything they do. It is your right as a stockholder .....you know, right?

And of course if you are a SUBSTANTIAL (you know ..... like having millions dollars of BBRY stocks ...) you can be a BIG voice and have MUCH voting rights. You may even be able to affect change to the Board, who knows ..... and you know ....you may even be invited to sit on the Board if you are really that HUGE an investor ....

Why stay private and whine in such an incessant and melodramatic manner (WORST this, WORST that, WORST etc) ....make a difference .... go public and confront the Board

Go and SAVE BLACKBERRY !!!!!!!!

We are all rooting for you ...... Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry!
    northernrds and MarsupilamiX like this.
    05-21-13 10:56 PM
    OP, what is your background in marketing?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 12:03 AM
    And why would you be DEFINING capitalism ....when you are all melodramatic about " ...they comment... thats the heart of capitalism......" You do understand what definition means, right ....?

And if you are losing money on BBRY, thank you You do understand that the stock market redistribute wealth, right .....?

Oh .....btw .....these whinning about how BAD the management is .....go attend the AGM and tell it to them. How they are the WORST in everything they do. It is your right as a stockholder .....you know, right?

And of course if you are a SUBSTANTIAL (you know ..... like having millions dollars of BBRY stocks ...) you can be a BIG voice and have MUCH voting rights. You may even be able to affect change to the Board, who knows ..... and you know ....you may even be invited to sit on the Board if you are really that HUGE an investor ....

Why stay private and whine in such an incessant and melodramatic manner (WORST this, WORST that, WORST etc) ....make a difference .... go public and confront the Board

We are all rooting for you ...... Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry! Go savingblackberry!
    I never said management is bad, its just the PR and the IR part that is baffling me. the stock market is only relevant only because prices affect the perception.
    Its really pathetic to see the other side of fanatical response. On one hand you have these incessant bashing from the short sellers and those who want to destroy BBRY, and the lies that propagate, stopping to very low level. Then you have people here who will not listen to any reason. If Blackberry is so perfect in every way, why BBRY has only 3% of the market share, why BBRY is worth $7 billion and Apple $400 billion?
    Instead of attacking me and bashing me, what have you done to counter those really vicious, illogical attacks on BBRY? Crackberry is like your little oasis where you all live in a world devoid of real world data. Grow up, go out to the real world and see what is happening, Mr. Sarcasm
    05-22-13 07:17 AM
    Savingblackberry this is your second thread on the same topic. Seriously stop being a forum troll.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:22 AM
    05-22-13 07:28 AM
    I never said management is bad, its just the PR and the IR part that is baffling me. the stock market is only relevant only because prices affect the perception.
    Its really pathetic to see the other side of fanatical response. On one hand you have these incessant bashing from the short sellers and those who want to destroy BBRY, and the lies that propagate, stopping to very low level. Then you have people here who will not listen to any reason. If Blackberry is so perfect in every way, why BBRY has only 3% of the market share, why BBRY is worth $7 billion and Apple $400 billion?
    Instead of attacking me and bashing me, what have you done to counter those really vicious, illogical attacks on BBRY? Crackberry is like your little oasis where you all live in a world devoid of real world data. Grow up, go out to the real world and see what is happening, Mr. Sarcasm
    Don't you see it? We are all here to talk BBRY down. Unlike you You are the only savior for BBRY. You must save BBRY. BBRY depends on you .... on your PASSION, on your totally irrelevant EMOTIONAL responses, on your incredible ability to generate multitude of absolutely ANGRY threads calculated to spread drivel to the highest management.

Go and SAVE SOME BERRIES

Yours,

Mr Sarcasm.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-22-13 08:48 AM
    Sorry...you said they are incompetent in the PR department...if all it took was money and a catchy add campaign then Win8 devices would be number one...your mistaken.

Posted via CB10
    But you aren't comparing two equally compelling products. Microsoft markets a mediocre product with lots and lots of media etc. BlackBerry seems to lack advertising, but has an extremely premium product.

So no, marketing isn't enough on its own.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:13 AM
    Savingblackberry this is your second thread on the same topic. Seriously stop being a forum troll.

So dont read my messages. By the way, why dont you do something about these analysts who bash BBRY day in and day out with the same negativity? Nah, that requires some work, it is so easy to pick on me.
    And yes, I write to the firms who bash BBRY, to the editors who publish junk about BBRY. But I am just an average guy who can do only so much with his free time. This is what the IR and the PR people should be doing. But they have not.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:36 AM
40 12