10-06-13 03:49 PM
97 1234
tools
    Oh dear....

So much misplaced anger and frustrations in this thread...
    I understand you guys are angry, but you're directing it at the wrong guy. Send you angry emails to Lazaridis and Heinz who did more to destroy Blackberry than E92 could ever hope to accomplish.

(If that was his true intentions, which I doubt.)

@E92... I for one usually enjoy your news links and postings, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, besides only posting links, it would be nice to hear your take on things, and opinion on the piece you've linked to, once in awhile,
    Thanks for the advice. Will offer up an opinion or commentary from now on.
    10-03-13 02:09 AM
    Wish we could start a doom and gloom thread for all these doom and gloom trolls, because i honestly dont know why or what they come here for. Maybe they just miss their BlackBerrys so much.
    Copachain. I think the new Blackberries are fantastic. I have played with the Q10 and Z10l. BB did a good job. I really want to get one but it does not run any of the apps I enjoy.

I have had many BBs in the past. For now, I am sitting on the fence until the app count increases.

There are so many BNIB BB10s for sale cheap on Craigslist where I live, so it is very tempting,
    10-03-13 02:12 AM
    Was an article yesterday about HTC following the same way than BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:15 AM
    Wish we could start a doom and gloom thread for all these doom and gloom trolls, because i honestly dont know why or what they come here for. Maybe they just miss their BlackBerrys so much.
    Copachain. I think the new Blackberries are fantastic. I have played with the Q10 and Z10l. BB did a good job. I really want to get one but it does not run any of the apps I enjoy.

I have had many BBs in the past. For now, I am sitting on the fence until the app count increases.

There are so many BNIB BB10s for sale cheap on Craigslist where I live, so it is very tempting,
    10-03-13 02:25 AM

Awesome, I applaud you for your honesty. I hope you manage to get a BB and share the BB awesomeness. Wish I could say that the apps problem is overrated but it seems to be a deal breaker for some.
    10-03-13 03:13 AM
    Well, I don't have to look any further than my own Z10 and Q10 for good news, both devices working beautifully.
    semperfi45 and ezrunner like this.
    10-03-13 05:26 AM
    The articles I post are current events. I would love to post some positive news. Where is it? I love BB. I own BBs and I own the stock.
    Go post positive articles about your Android On a Android Site. Why do you hang around CrackBerry ? We simply aren't interested in any of your negative articles.
    10-03-13 06:36 AM
    The fact is that most people forget that back in 1997 not only was a company called Apple faced with a similar situation with a stock price of below $6 but they also were writing off losses of over $1B back then.

Blackberry like many companies these days is in a transition, it is easy for analysts to write whatever they want/need as it helps their position and clients - some of these characters are architects of the 'near' financial disaster back in 2007/2008 and so I sprinkle salt so I can digest their crap at times.

I don't own any of these stocks, but I do own their devices and while I love me MacBook Pro, iPad and iTouch devices, I have been using a BBRY phone since 2008 and have never looked back.
    10-03-13 07:42 AM
    The fact is that most people forget that back in 1997 not only was a company called Apple faced with a similar situation with a stock price of below $6 but they also were writing off losses of over $1B back then.

Blackberry like many companies these days is in a transition, it is easy for analysts to write whatever they want/need as it helps their position and clients - some of these characters are architects of the 'near' financial disaster back in 2007/2008 and so I sprinkle salt so I can digest their crap at times.

I don't own any of these stocks, but I do own their devices and while I love me MacBook Pro, iPad and iTouch devices, I have been using a BBRY phone since 2008 and have never looked back.

The fact is every BB fan is trying to use Apple as an example of turnaround story, but in reality, most of depressing tech companies ended like PALM/Nortel, the lists are just too long
    techvisor, Etios, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    10-03-13 07:51 AM
    As long as BB is still around, there's always hope .... Time will tell. Apple was about in the same boat like 10 yrs ago... Look where they are now. Hope is a good thing ...
    10-03-13 08:17 AM
    Lets keep hope alive.
    10-03-13 08:59 AM
    I have written my stock off. There is no hope for it. Check some of my earlier posts. I have had a BB since 2006. I use to get the new models on launch day every time. The last BB I bought was the Torch 9810.

I may have bought my 2 Playbooks after the 9810.
    here comes the bitter one.. instead of whining, learn how to smile chill!
    10-03-13 09:02 AM
    If Bloomberg is suggesting that BlackBerry has no way to survive, why on earth did they develop their Bloomberg app for bb10? I haven't read the article because of this. Seems a little fishy regardless of the accuracy of what they portray.
    Last edited by undone; 10-03-13 at 09:47 AM.
    rdgroulx likes this.
    10-03-13 09:11 AM

Hey, Don't worry about Z10 pricing, you will be able to buy one for Firesale prices soon, just wait till BBRY is bought by some investment/insurance firm and be ready for $100-$200 unlocked Z10 or even Q10 and Z30 in late 2014.
    10-03-13 09:12 AM
    I really wish there was some good news. I am a BB shareholder. I should have sold the stock when I bought my first android.I needed an android for international travel. The android allowed me to buy a local SIM card, giving me internet and email on my unlocked android. This was not possible on a BB because of BIS.
    An unlocked Z10 would have allowed this (I'm not on BIS, just a regular data plan. Picked up a Roam Mobility card for travel to the States. Flawless.)
    10-03-13 10:15 AM
    E92 move on to another line of talk.... How about trolling all the issues iPhone has instead of being a bad news bandwagoner. Grow a pair.
    10-03-13 11:24 AM
    A shareholder wouldnt want to spread more negativity. That isnt exactly going to help your stock price.

Here is a look at your thread history.

E92Vancouver started a thread Blackberry has no way to survive.
    E92Vancouver started a thread BlackBerry Ltd says restructuring costs have quadrupled to US$400-million
    E92Vancouver started a thread BlackBerry app ditched by Britains The Times newspaper due to lack of users
    E92Vancouver started a thread Why Blackberry Has Failed: No Market For a Smartphone With A Keyboard!
    E92Vancouver started a thread How Blackberry Blew It!
    E92Vancouver started a thread Blackberry Reports Record Quartely Loss! $1 Billion!!!!
    E92Vancouver started a thread Blackberry Users are only worth $40!!!!
    E92Vancouver started a thread Blackberry Never Had A Chance!

Nice trend
    so busted
    southlander likes this.
    10-03-13 11:43 AM
    As long as BB is still around, there's always hope .... Time will tell. Apple was about in the same boat like 10 yrs ago... Look where they are now. Hope is a good thing ...
    BBRY will never be Apple. Steve Jobs is gone and the smartphone market is saturated.
    10-03-13 11:46 AM
    Let me first say, I owned an iPhone. I gave it up for a Z10 and im very happy with the phone. Now, Are you guys all part owners in a Kool Aid stand? You trash the Apple fan bois for their devotion but at least Apple is a company in very good shape. BB has been making nothing but mistakes for a few years now. It's honorable to defend their position but you all cant really be this out of touch.Every 1/4 the news is worse. OPEN YOUR EYES!!! I dont want to see the company fail but to defend it?
    E92Vancouver, techvisor and Etios like this.
    10-03-13 12:24 PM
    The android allowed me to buy a local SIM card, giving me internet and email on my unlocked android. This was not possible on a BB because of BIS.
    Not trying to put a positive spin on the current state of the company but this is not true and has never been true.

I travel between the US, Europe and Africa frequently and i have been able to pop in pay as you go sims with full functionality on all 3 continents on various BIS and non-BIS Berries ranging from the Curve 8900 to the Z10
    10-03-13 01:15 PM
    Irrelevant to BB10, but, and I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure I've read that others on pre-BB10 devices could use a local SIM card.
    Correct. I have done this on every unlocked Berry i have owned .
    Last edited by shupor; 10-03-13 at 01:56 PM.
    10-03-13 01:17 PM
    The chick in the middle- I love her legs in high heels.... Hmmm, btw- what they are talking about?
    10-03-13 01:33 PM
    Even though I do not like to admit it the guy on Bloomberg is making some valid points. However, he never adressed how BB solved them or is going to solve them

BB is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone is talking about BB going under so no one is buying their phones. I think this issue will partly be resolved by BB going private. They do not have to publish their numbers anymore and do not have the full attention of the media. They can control the news flow in a better way and they give themselves some time to restructure the company.

New trend of bring your own phone. This is an interesting issue as for the last couple of years enterprises were using the phone from just one manufacturer. I really hope that BB is going to tackle this issue by focusing on enterprise clients mainly. Their customer base has been enterprises and they need to keep them. They need to improve their devices for companies and make them more interesting. High security phones might be a good way to promote business. Once this business line is reestablished they can tackle the retail clients / mass market again, the market where most of the money is earned.

iPad and iPhone synergies: These definitively exist. If I could choose to write an e-mail or work on a presentation from a smartphone or a tablet, I would go for the tablet. I think it was a large mistake to quit developing the Playbook. This is one of the reasons why Thorsten Heinz should leave BB. This move is devastating for BB. Having a BB phone and a Playbook just makes so much sense.

Even though the current situation of BB is difficult, I think they can make it. They need more time and not so much media attention. They are still great in developing phones. For the next couple of years they will be a niche player and they need to keep up the work. BB needs to sack Thorsten Heinz and needs to invest more in R&D and App development (first for businesses as these guarantee the future cash flows and are not as volatile. Once the business market is established focus on app development for the mass market. Firing 40% of the workforce many in R&D will not make the phones better in the near future. Rather stop the sponsoring of the damn Mercedes Formular 1 team
    10-03-13 02:01 PM

I don't think it is even possible for anyone who is a member of CrackBerry to forget what Apple's situation was like in 1997. We all know about it well. After all, it has been mentioned here by someone nearly every single day for the last year or so.

Yeah, we know, Apple was almost dead, now they aren't. What does that have to do with BlackBerry's current situation though? Palm was nearly dead once also. Remember? It was just like Apple's situation in 1997. Now Palm is all the way dead. Just because Apple made a turnaround, don't mean other tech companies will be so lucky.
    m1a1mg and JeepBB like this.
    10-03-13 02:49 PM
    Not trying to put a positive spin on the current state of the company but this is not true and has never been true.

I travel between the US, Europe and Africa frequently and i have been able to pop in pay as you go sims with full functionality on all 3 continents on various BIS and non-BIS Berries ranging from the Curve 8900 to the Z10
    You can't get email on a pay as you go SIM on a Curve 8900 unless that SIM has BIS. But yes, it works on a Z10. BB came late to the party on this one. You need a BIS account to get email on a Curve if you are not on BES and don't want to pay roaming charges while traveling.
    10-03-13 03:06 PM
97 1234