10-06-13 04:49 PM
97 1234
tools
    Does the mute button still work? Asking for a friend who may be me.
    10-02-13 08:29 PM
    Irrelevant to BB10, but, and I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure I've read that others on pre-BB10 devices could use a local SIM card.
    You are quite right. This issue does not exist with BB10.
    10-02-13 08:30 PM
    Have you ever tried BB10 I travel the world flipping Sim cards per region.... Time to wake up mate...hey there is a think called Wifi that could have been useful during you poetic travel.
    10-02-13 08:30 PM
    Someone close this post what a waste of digital space.

Hit the Bid or Go Short.
    badiyee and John Pawling like this.
    10-02-13 08:31 PM
    It is a fascinating case study so far. If I may ask, what is your prediction? Prem pretty much has to buy the company because he already has $1 billion invested. But who does he sell it to? Microsoft? Not likely as they are digesting Nokia.

Logical buyer would be a Chinese company wanting the patents. But would the Canadian Government allow that?
    If he takes it private he's not going to sell right away. They will finish their restructuring and try to return to profitability as a niche player so Prem can sell for more than he bought.

Posted via CB10
    badiyee likes this.
    10-02-13 08:32 PM
    I updated your click bait title. Next time E92, let's not be so non-descript. You know people are only going to click on a title like that with pitchforks in hand only to realize it is not the opinion of you but an article in which you are linking to.
    Bla1ze, 10-4. Got it. Lesson learned. Thank you.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-02-13 08:33 PM
    Yikes so much hostility, allow the person to post as they please as long as it's within the forum guidelines. If anyone here does not like it then abandon thread don't make it relevant by adding fuel to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:33 PM
    Have you ever tried BB10 I travel the world flipping Sim cards per region.... Time to wake up mate...hey there is a think called Wifi that could have been useful during you poetic travel.
    Yes I realize that. The old BB's did not work with wifi. I would love a new BB10. I think the hardware and OS is beautiful. But none of the apps I use can run on BB. So I wait.
    10-02-13 08:35 PM
    If he takes it private he's not going to sell right away. They will finish their restructuring and try to return to profitability as a niche player so Prem can sell for more than he bought.

Posted via CB10
    I guess if Prem turns the company around, they can always go public again. That is an option.
    10-02-13 08:36 PM
    I've read that Bloomberg owns a lot of Apple stock. But that Bloomberg app in the app store is actually pretty cool.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    10-02-13 08:38 PM
    Once again read the garbage that your saying.... You say you wrote the stock off...There is no hope for it....well a smart trader would then SELL at market and GO SHORT the Trade..

so what is it mate ? Are you in or are you out ?

Make the trade and ZIP IT!!!
    I am in!! Long on BB.
    10-02-13 08:39 PM
    I'm here for the phones. The soap opera surrounding the stock is fun to watch
    pbeasley likes this.
    10-02-13 08:59 PM
    It is a fascinating case study so far. If I may ask, what is your prediction? Prem pretty much has to buy the company because he already has $1 billion invested. But who does he sell it to? Microsoft? Not likely as they are digesting Nokia.

Logical buyer would be a Chinese company wanting the patents. But would the Canadian Government allow that?
    Watsa is not buying it just to resell it, certainly not in the near future anyhow - that would be an utterly useless move. If anyone else wants it, they'd be buying it now, not waiting for Fairfax to take control. By the sounds of things, he has a long-term business plan of some sort. It's possible that he might decide down the line somewhere to sell, or go public once again, but that's definitely not happening for a while - he has to extract significantly more value out of the company first. By that time, who knows what companies might be interested in acquiring BlackBerry?
    10-02-13 09:08 PM
    Watsa is not buying it just to resell it, certainly not in the near future anyhow - that would be an utterly useless move. If anyone else wants it, they'd be buying it now, not waiting for Fairfax to take control. By the sounds of things, he has a long-term business plan of some sort. It's possible that he might decide down the line somewhere to sell, or go public once again, but that's definitely not happening for a while - he has to extract significantly more value out of the company first. By that time, who knows what companies might be interested in acquiring BlackBerry?
    Yes of course. He would need to add value before selling.
    DynamicsoulSA likes this.
    10-02-13 09:21 PM
    Here is more information on Fairfax for those interested... don't really think that they will just buy and split things up

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairfax_Financial

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 10:09 PM
    Here is more information on Fairfax for those interested... don't really think that they will just buy and split things up

Fairfax Financial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted via CB10
    That was a good read!
    10-02-13 10:25 PM
    The articles I post are current events. I would love to post some positive news. Where is it? I love BB. I own BBs and I own the stock.
    You don't make any sense at all. Who do you think you are fooling? SMH.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-02-13 10:31 PM
    I guess if Prem turns the company around, they can always go public again. That is an option.
    YES! Then you can buy more stock and use those shares as an excuse to start more threads about the death of BlackBerry! Looks like you've got years upon years of entertainment on the horizon!

You can post outdated, negative articles, but it will be okay! You'll own stock!
    badiyee likes this.
    10-02-13 10:52 PM
    I have written my stock off. There is no hope for it. Check some of my earlier posts. I have had a BB since 2006. I use to get the new models on launch day every time. The last BB I bought was the Torch 9810.

I may have bought my 2 Playbooks after the 9810.
    You are free to the write the stock off if you choose but other shareholders may still want to recover some of their investment and having people like you spreading the negativity around is certainly not going to help. You say, you wish there was some good news to talk about but there isn't. Fair enough but why do you feel the need to constantly bring up the negative articles?

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    10-02-13 11:02 PM
    What caliber will he use and where can we send a thank you note.
    Omigosh...my eyes are watering...

So what did E92 even mean originally by "Prem Watsa is taking me out"?! He set himself up for this one LOL!

Wow, I seriously couldn't breath. It's so bad but I laughed so good.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    10-02-13 11:18 PM
    I really wish there was some good news. I am a BB shareholder. I should have sold the stock when I bought my first android.I needed an android for international travel. The android allowed me to buy a local SIM card, giving me internet and email on my unlocked android. This was not possible on a BB because of BIS.
    Did you even try?? For years I used BlackBerry Unlimited International email for less than $20 per month and sent and received email from all over the world. From the TMO website:

"BlackBerry Unlimited International E-mail
    Traveling worldwide? As long as you have a provider that offers GPRS Internet service, youll be able to send and receive e-mails from country to country."
    10-03-13 12:11 AM
    I watched this live that Friday and had seen the gentleman immediately to the left of the woman before that day. He was interviewed maybe a week before and said that he had developer friends and that NO ONE has any interest in the BB10 platform and that it was DOA; he basically said no one has any interest in BB10, "forget BB10" is what he said. He is a well paid spin dr. who just does not have any of the facts correct and uses generalizations and blanket statements to brainwash his colleagues and viewers. He is no different than a slimy lobbyists in Washington D.C. He has never said anything truthful or friendly in regards to BlackBerry. He is one of the plants Apple and more likely Google have on their payroll. Where there is life , there is hope.
    10-03-13 12:39 AM
    Tried to delete post. Didn't work!
    Oops - now it's gone :-)
    10-03-13 01:02 AM
    Oh dear....

So much misplaced anger and frustrations in this thread...
    I understand you guys are angry, but you're directing it at the wrong guy. Send you angry emails to Lazaridis and Heinz who did more to destroy Blackberry than E92 could ever hope to accomplish.

(If that was his true intentions, which I doubt.)

@E92... I for one usually enjoy your news links and postings, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, besides only posting links, it would be nice to hear your take on things, and opinion on the piece you've linked to, once in awhile,
    10-03-13 02:22 AM
    Wish we could start a doom and gloom thread for all these doom and gloom trolls, because i honestly dont know why or what they come here for. Maybe they just miss their BlackBerrys so much.
    10-03-13 02:27 AM
97 1234