BlackBerry stepping up purchases of parts and components, say Taiwan makers

Blackberry rocking again, USA will catch up to the rest of the world.
    05-31-13 08:18 AM

This quote was very interesting, and Digitimes is a relatively credible source:

Sales of BlackBerry phones in Indonesia and the Middle East have been successful, and if the business model can be replicated in other emerging markets, the vendor is likely to ship 30-40 million smartphones in 2013, estimated the sources.

Can't wait to see what the Detwiler Fenton and Forbes analysts do with that. They'll probably try to start rolling out some old story about Home Depot or something.

Well Detwiler Fenton is quiet right now. I wonder why.
    Bacon Munchers and Stephen C. like this.
    05-31-13 08:44 AM
    Crazy! Crazy! Crazy! BB should give BB10 the refinement it needs and get rid of rebooting.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-31-13 08:45 AM

Why beat a dead horse?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:48 AM
    Why be on a BlackBerry forum?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:58 AM
    Why beat a dead horse?
    Practice? ;-)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-31-13 08:59 AM
    Why be on a BlackBerry forum?

Posted via CB10
    So they hear what I need fixed. Someone has to scream louder than the apologists so that they start fixing it before no one buys another one again

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:05 AM
    Why beat a dead horse?

If the subject doesn't interest you, no one is forcing you to read or comment.

I'm quite sure you have your own favorite topics that I have no interest in reading or commenting-upon.
    Mecca EL and matthewriedle like this.
    05-31-13 09:06 AM
    So they hear what I need fixed. Someone has to scream louder than the apologists so that they start fixing it before no one buys another one again

That's sort-of like going to Washington DC, spending all your time sipping lattes in a cafe at the other end of town from the White House, in the hopes that the POTUS will somehow overhear your incessant griping about government affairs and make a bunch of changes to the government as a result of it.
    05-31-13 09:08 AM
    ^Adapt as necessary for Canuck government.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    05-31-13 09:12 AM
    Awesome! The shorts are making doodle in their tighty whities!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:19 AM
    ^Adapt as necessary for Canuck government.
    lol i love being called a canuck its such a bad *** term to use, and i'm being serious.

i liek to use the term Yankee but i don't know if some americans would get offended by it so i tend not to say it to often
    05-31-13 09:41 AM
    That's sort-of like going to Washington DC, spending all your time sipping lattes in a cafe at the other end of town from the White House, in the hopes that the POTUS will somehow overhear your incessant griping about government affairs and make a bunch of changes to the government as a result of it.
    Son that whole Netflix thread is useless?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:45 AM
    This quote was very interesting, and Digitimes is a relatively credible source:

Can't wait to see what the Detwiler Fenton and Forbes analysts do with that. They'll probably try to start rolling out some old story about Home Depot or something.

Just one minor correction. Its "Dimwitter Fullofit" not Detwiler Fenton. Oh and by the way, the reason they are quiet centers on the fact that they are being investigated by the SEC and trying to reach a negotiated settlement. Classy crowd.

If you would like more information on the other wack jobs (Canaccord, Pacific Crest, ICG) and how key employees not only work but vacation together, just read the comment sections of some of the previous seeking alpha articles. It is surprisingly humorous how these clowns have gotten away with it for so long.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-31-13 10:04 AM
    Stock is going real good isn't it? its up!!! Well atleast from when it was RIMM.....
    05-31-13 10:07 AM

Or someone just pumped this a bit so the machines buy and then hedge funds short the pop to be on safer level and run it down like usual.
    05-31-13 01:40 PM
    i liek to use the term Yankee but i don't know if some americans would get offended by it so i tend not to say it to often
    Well, I'm a Cardinals fan so I would take offense.
    05-31-13 02:11 PM
    Reason for down move was more manipulation by James faucette at Pacific crest

See link
    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...d=yahoobarrons

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-31-13 04:04 PM
    Reason for down move was more manipulation by James faucette at Pacific crest

See link
    BBRY: BB10 Production in Excess of Sell-Through Demand, Says Pac Crest - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Yeah, I just read that. Like clockwork, infamous bear Faucette comes up with a way to spin the news negative and poof, the stock dives 50 cents:

Through the end of May, we believe that overall production has remained quite high, with only very small cuts being passed through to the supply chain. Even if Z10 pro- duction is reduced by 30% or more, as we believe is has been with reduced levels now scheduled to take effect in early June, we believe production will remain well in excess of de- mand. We do not know how much production, if any, BlackBerry may have shifted to the Q10 and Q5 models from the Z10. We believe that BlackBerry is making every effort to honor its minimum purchase commitments for as long as possible, almost certainly to secure the better component pricing that results.

So Blackberry ups their component orders with vendors, and Faucette turns around and claims that "production is too high" and they're just doing it to "secure better component pricing".

Good god man. You gotta give these idiots credit for never failing to come up with some twisted logic to maintain their negativity no matter WHAT good news comes along.

I can't wait until the June earnings report where BBRY reports increased profits and sales, and Faucette sits there and tries to claim they are lying or something.
    GTiLeo and nquyen like this.
    05-31-13 04:16 PM
    I'll give it to him; it's somewhat plausible... I highly doubt it, but there would be some companies that would do just that to make sure targets are met and payout bonuses to executives come through. Again I doubt that's what's happening.

It would have been funny though if leaky Faucet came out and said they needed to ramp up parts in the supply chain to repair all the returned Z10s.

Yeah, I just read that. Like clockwork, infamous bear Faucette comes up with a way to spin the news negative and poof, the stock dives 50 cents:

So Blackberry ups their component orders with vendors, and Faucette turns around and claims that "production is too high" and they're just doing it to "secure better component pricing".

Good god man. You gotta give these idiots credit for never failing to come up with some twisted logic to maintain their negativity no matter WHAT good news comes along.

I can't wait until the June earnings report where BBRY reports increased profits and sales, and Faucette sits there and tries to claim they are lying or something.
    05-31-13 05:30 PM
    I'll give it to him; it's somewhat plausible... I highly doubt it, but there would be some companies that would do just that to make sure targets are met and payout bonuses to executives come through. Again I doubt that's what's happening.

Given Heins strict cost-control over the course of his stewardship of the company I would find such assertions to be EXTREMELY implausible with this company right now. Anyone with the slightest clue (and who doesn't have a gigantic analyst axe to grind) could see that.

The bears are always "Gripe gripe gripe gripe, BBRY isn't making enough product to meet demand, they must be trying to create 'artificial shortages'", and then 2 weeks later when production increases, it's "Gripe gripe gripe, Oh Noes, production is too high, they must be trying to appear like they're doing something big and overstocking the channel!!".

Good god man.

It would have been funny though if leaky Faucet came out and said they needed to ramp up parts in the supply chain to repair all the returned Z10s.

Don't give him any ideas!!!
    Dapper37, fedakd and Acumenight like this.
    05-31-13 05:47 PM
    Is their anything leaky faucette has been correct about? BTW, two bits to the first person that can name the person leaky faucette vacations with. He works for Canaccord, Canada's clowns in the equity world.
    05-31-13 10:01 PM
    I would write him and call him a troll.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:24 AM
    Well, I'm a Cardinals fan so I would take offense.
    +1. CARDS ftw.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    06-01-13 09:28 AM

plausable but to order in excess of what you can sell just to save maybe $10 on the cost is not good management and not how BBRY was able to cut costs the past few quarters to save money and grow their cash on hand.

these guys are ****ed
    06-01-13 01:42 PM
31 12