What they need is another company like Samsung or Google to give them a jumpstart back into the smartphone market.
    Just like how HP jumpstarted Palm and Google jumpstarted Motorola?

Handset only makers are today's typewriter only makers.
    Name one typewriter only manufacturer that is still around today.

Sorry, IBM does not count.
    08-21-13 10:30 AM
    Absolute worst case scenario is that they don't find a buyer partner and they muddle along as-is for as long as they can. I actually think this is what will happen. From here there are two outcomes:

1. They eventually go broke and the valuable parts of the company are picked over.
    or
    2. They keep working their behinds off, continue to release fixes and improvements to BB10, grow the install base of users (convert legacy BB users), attract new apps/devs to the platform with growing user base, and eventually see BB10 gain real traction.

I am an optimist and think they can pull off scenario #2. The odds are against them, but the one thing they do have going for them is that BB10 truly is a great platform. They really just need time for it to mature and grow.
    They can't even get a Maps update right. The odds are REALLY stacked against them.
    08-21-13 10:44 AM
    My wife just told me she is looking at strategic alternatives to being married to me. I don't see why I should be worried about that either.
    Maybe you will get that JV for your birthday after all

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:57 AM
    I think the best thing that could happen to them is if no one buys them, they are forced to seriously streamline, dedicate themselves to the enterprise world and be the best niche company possible and maybe if they can hang on long enough innovate something that will catch the attention of the consumer market down the road. On the other hand though the board will probably force a parts sale if there aren't any buyers.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:15 AM
    . On the other hand though the board will probably force a parts sale if there aren't any buyers.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    That's what Barrons is reporting today. Its on CNBC.
    08-21-13 11:25 AM
    Looks like the 4 year death spiral is about to come true. What a shame.
    08-21-13 11:29 AM
    Looks like the 4 year death spiral is about to come true. What a shame.
    What are you referring to?
    08-21-13 11:42 AM
    Possible merger.... nice!

Posted via CB10
    I'm willing to take on a partnership at the right price and provided that the assets are tangible..im not a fan of the intangibles.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 12:08 PM
58 123