I have a Z10 after owning an S3. Its a pretty good phone but not the best by any stretch. I jumped on board hoping Blackberry could make a turn around. I'm Canadian and want to support big Canadian tech. But alas, the verdict is out. Whether people want to keep their heads in the sand or not - the Blackberry 10 launch was a failure. Tthe damage is done.

1Q results consistently came in below analyst expectations. Its time to wake up and realize your investment maybe sinking. I've been holding since October and sold on Black Friday for a substantial loss from what I could have had if I had not fallen for the shenanigans of Blackberry hype. If only I had parted with my shares at $18 like Heins did around Christmas time.

I've read a lot of posts on here from many people who are about as tech savvy as tomato soup. i.e. not very savvy at all. Don't listen to these nuts as they think they get it but they don't. Right now, Blackberry has little appeal to most kids, young adults and tech savvy people. Bang for your buck is low with Blackberry.

Blackberry needed one really important ingredient to gain the masses.. They needed the big name apps - simple as that. No Netflix, no instagram, etc etc equates to no deal for most people. Couple that with an inferior camera, battery life, limited on board memory, slow charging time and you have a dud.

As this point Blackberry is likely going to be bought for its patents. Google, MS, Apple, Samsung, HTC, you name it, will be watching Blackberry very closely, waiting to pounce. I suspect a buyout will occur once the stock hits the $6-8 range. But honestly, who has the grit to hold until that happens. I don't.

Unless Blackberry can address the big app situation in the next 30 days they are deader than a door nail. Its a sad state of affairs but its the gospel.

Perhaps Blackberry has been trying hard to get Netflix and Instagram and both have basically told BB to go f itself - who knows. My advice - take the 3.1Billion in cash and buy yourself some decent apps - last chance.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    07-01-13 03:39 PM
    I have a Z10 after owning an S3. Its a pretty good phone but not the best by any stretch. I jumped on board hoping Blackberry could make a turn around. I'm Canadian and want to support big Canadian tech. But alas, the verdict is out. Whether people want to keep their heads in the sand or not - the Blackberry 10 launch was a failure. Tthe damage is done.

1Q results consistently came in below analyst expectations. Its time to wake up and realize your investment maybe sinking. I've been holding since October and sold on Black Friday for a substantial loss from what I could have had if I had not fallen for the shenanigans of Blackberry hype. If only I had parted with my shares at $18 like Heins did around Christmas time.

I've read a lot of posts on here from many people who are about as tech savvy as tomato soup. i.e. not very savvy at all. Don't listen to these nuts as they think they get it but they don't. Right now, Blackberry has little appeal to most kids, young adults and tech savvy people. Bang for your buck is low with Blackberry.

Blackberry needed one really important ingredient to gain the masses.. They needed the big name apps - simple as that. No Netflix, no instagram, etc etc equates to no deal for most people. Couple that with an inferior camera, battery life, limited on board memory, slow charging time and you have a dud.

As this point Blackberry is likely going to be bought for its patents. Google, MS, Apple, Samsung, HTC, you name it, will be watching Blackberry very closely, waiting to pounce. I suspect a buyout will occur once the stock hits the $6-8 range. But honestly, who has the grit to hold until that happens. I don't.

Unless Blackberry can address the big app situation in the next 30 days they are deader than a door nail. Its a sad state of affairs but its the gospel.

Perhaps Blackberry has been trying hard to get Netflix and Instagram and both have basically told BB to go f itself - who knows. My advice - take the 3.1Billion in cash and buy yourself some decent apps - last chance.
    I agree with most of your points. However the board is unlikely to allow management spend 3b in apps.

They rather see that spend on stock buy back.
    07-01-13 03:46 PM
    If someone was going to buy them then the time was last summer when they WERE at $8/share. Well to bad for you that you sold at a loss, guess it would have cost you too much to ride it out for a few more months.

You release its the analyst that make up the number and then its them that FREAK out when you don't reach it. BB was what?? 500-600k sold short compared to what the analyst hoped for? They lost 80 million on 3.1billion revenue and if they had got the money from Venezuela they would have been only .03/share down and not .13

They still had 600-700 more phones sold that the last report in Feb. Why must the app prblm be solved in the next 30 days? Why this number.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-01-13 03:48 PM
    Heh...

This is nothing more than a rant post disguised as "advice" to BBRY...lol

Apps, goes without saying. I hear you. We hear you. Stop whining at us and join the fight in emailing and tweeting at developers. It's much more likely to make an impact

Everything else you said was inferior? Okay, I will be fair but also take into account some improvements already seen in early leaks of 10.2:

Great camera. May not be the best but it is great.

Great hardware. It about matches the S3 actually so not sure why so many act like it has 512mb of RAM. Lol. 2GB. Dual core 1.5ghz processor. Want some whipped cream? I have heard more than several anecdotal reports of Android converts saying even with lesser specs than say the latest Note, it lags heck of a lot less.

Battery is decent to slightly above decent. That's my only real point for improvement.

While they aren't all trolling, we will be seeing many of these rant "BlackBerry head my word or you'll be byebye in a month" posts for awhile now folks. Better to ignore them when there's no indication that the poster isn't actually expressing any wish for assistance with their issues.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    dusdal and r0v3rT3N like this.
    07-01-13 03:55 PM
    Believe it or not, most people who were anticipating the arrival of anything new from BB was current BB users who subscribe to anything BB. Those like us who have watched the wire for information from bloggers, reporters and CB all knew a year in advance what was coming down the pike. Unfortunately, this devoted fan following doesn’t translate into sales…alone. Remember, there has been only a trickle of advertisement; the kind that drives the masses to the phone. We haven’t seen that yet.
    BB is reaching out to developers and there will be another 10k – 15k apps in another month or so. Also, corporate America (and the world) are still engaging in testing of the BES and other business matters and will start ordering the products soon.
    Remember, this is round one and because the champ didn’t get off enough shots to win the round, doesn’t mean that he’s not studying the competition and preparing to implement his gameplan in the next round…later in the fight!
    Go BB!
    07-01-13 04:09 PM
    Every time someone comes up with a coherent outline of what is wrong and what needs fixing, you call it a rant. What else are we supposed to talk about? It's like a family member has cancer, BlackBerry is dying a slow death so of course people have a visceral reaction to this slow demise. The bottom line is you have done an honorable job of changing the thin you can change, software and hardware. Not the best put there, but sufficient. The part you can't control are the developers, who write the apps. And now more than ever they will either flee or stay away. And without apps there is no ecosystem, and without an ecosystem, it just a phone, and if it's just a phone, it's very expensive. I have been waiting to see the facts and figures and now that I have, I'm leaving BlackBerry. A bunch of twenty something year old kids in the back room of some office, manipulating this forum because of "Rants," admirable as it may be does not undo the prognosticators who has all said, you are on your death kneel.
    swaxolez likes this.
    07-01-13 04:21 PM

I agree with your title, big mistake by bb pricing the z10 and q10 like an iphone or s3/s4. That has hurt them, people see that price and bought an iphone or android phone instead.
    swaxolez likes this.
    07-01-13 04:26 PM

I believe the analysts purposely had expectations high so when it didn`t meet expectations and the stock dropped the shorts would cover.
    07-01-13 04:35 PM
    I believe the analysts purposely had expectations high so when it didn`t meet expectations and the stock dropped the shorts would cover.
    Big conspiracy right and everyone was in on it?
    07-01-13 04:37 PM
    I agree...
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-01-13 04:46 PM
    Well it's always stupid to run after the money... I just saw this piece of bad news for BlackBerry,: Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY)’s Decline in 7 Charts - Insider Monkey what I noticed was even thought they are bigger things look at least equally grim for Nokia. Also - and I know things looks so much easier ex-post than ex ante - BlackBerry hit a 52W low by the end of sep 2012 and by the end of december just 3 months they were at a record high of 17-18 this is definetly not an investment for the short term faint of heart
    07-01-13 04:50 PM