I heard BlackBerry will sell z10 officially in China around July. I'm anxiously waiting for qq/WeChat to be available in BlackBerry World so that I can chat easily with people back in China. Just wonder how many Chinese are using BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 at this moment. Can you post if you are?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:49 AM
    I heard BlackBerry will sell z10 officially in China around July. I'm anxiously waiting for qq/WeChat to be available in BlackBerry World so that I can chat easily with people back in China. Just wonder how many Chinese are using BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 at this moment. Can you post if you are?

Posted via CB10
    Me Q10
    05-28-13 08:17 PM
    Wow, both of you! In the most populated country in the world and there's two of you?!

This is clearly Crackberry's fault! Get your site working for .cn!!

Fingers crossed BlackBerry launches China right... maybe with Lenova would be good.

Posted via Z10
    05-28-13 09:27 PM
    Can't go wrong with a couple extra billion population to sell towards

Kah
    05-28-13 09:38 PM
    If you search on "taobao.com", the largest seller sells 630 totally. Plus some people brought from aborad and BB China employee, I guess the number is several thousands, may be 3 or 4 thousands.
    It seems RIM(BB) did not change their stragtegy at China at all. It alwasy took BB at least six months late from the first release world wide to bring new product to China, 9800,9900, now Z10. Samsung has released S4 in China one month ago. I believe the price of Z10 will defintely not less than S4. Consider Samsung is much well known than BlackBerry in China, I really don't know how BlackBerry to compete in China?
    05-28-13 09:52 PM
    I'm sure BlackBerry has other plans of entering into the Chinese market. Perhaps there is some partnership with a local Chinese company in the works.

I'm using a Z10 btw. But I'm not located in China.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    05-28-13 10:33 PM
    ... Speaking of our friends in China, has anyone heard an update on that rumour about Macau IT Security purchasing 2M BB10 devices? I have not seen a follow-up yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:54 AM
    BB10 has not been released in Mainland China. Macau is one of the two special administrative region of China. Don't know if BB10 has been released in Macau, but since the population of Macau is less than 1 million, 2M purchase must be just a rumor.
    solo_diver likes this.
    05-29-13 01:21 AM
    For Bb10 users in China, how do you like your phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:30 AM
    We really need the app WeChat to be available in BlackBerry 10 fast. Very few Chinese consumers will consider to buy bb10 without this app. I think that is why Z10 hasn't been officially released in China yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:22 AM
    We really need the app WeChat to be available in BlackBerry 10 fast. Very few Chinese consumers will consider to buy bb10 without this app. I think that is why Z10 hasn't been officially released in China yet.

Posted via CB10
    BB China has a team to build famous apps for bb10. I believe WebChat is one of them. Don't worry about that. Z10 even has not got 3C certificate from government, so won't release any time soon.
    05-29-13 04:34 PM
    If you search on "taobao.com", the largest seller sells 630 totally. Plus some people brought from aborad and BB China employee, I guess the number is several thousands, may be 3 or 4 thousands.
    It seems RIM(BB) did not change their stragtegy at China at all. It alwasy took BB at least six months late from the first release world wide to bring new product to China, 9800,9900, now Z10. Samsung has released S4 in China one month ago. I believe the price of Z10 will defintely not less than S4. Consider Samsung is much well known than BlackBerry in China, I really don't know how BlackBerry to compete in China?
    I think the real number is much higher than that, I know at least three popular forums like Crackberry in China:

ݮֻ̳-ݮ̳ BlackBerry-õĺݮֻ̳-ˢ| -
    爱尚黑莓-不一 的黑莓生活|黑莓新闻|黑莓故事 |黑莓图片|黑莓10|黑莓论坛|黑莓开发 流 -
    黑莓时光
    Acumenight and sakin13 like this.
    05-29-13 07:22 PM
    I was in Beijing in April, I saw a BlackBerry store in one of the big malls there, it was pretty nice, with lots of staff and lots of customers in it. Unfortunately, they only had BB7 phones on display.

I noticed that the majority of the people around town, and on subways, had iPhones so it'll be tough competition.

I agree that WeChat is huge for the platform, been using the side loaded version on my Z10, but it doesnt have the audio/video calling capabilities and is laggy. can't wait for the Native app.
    05-29-13 09:36 PM
    I don't believe any of the known Z10 models have the ability to work on the large Chinese networks.

I also think Blackberry is being very cautious about the Chinese market for various reasons. One is that they are worried about intellectual property compromise, which is why they do not manufacture in China. They have stated this explicitly. China on the other hand may pressure them to manufacture devices there if they want to sell a large amount of product there, and that may undermine their security reputation with the kinds of western government agencies that they are courting business with.

My guess is that they are waiting for a partnership with a Chinese company to materialize (perhaps with Lenovo) before they go into that market in a big way. And they need to have lower-priced models in the pipeline before they even bother with that.
    06-07-13 02:52 PM
    I do not believe that is the case. I have an unlocked z10 from Rogers, STL100-3, and I was able to connect on both the China Unicom and China Mobile 3G/hspa networks.

I am hoping the Lenovo partnership rumors are true. A licensing deal would make sense for this market.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 12:27 AM
    I do not believe that is the case. I have an unlocked z10 from Rogers, STL100-3, and I was able to connect on both the China Unicom and China Mobile 3G/hspa networks.
    Well I realize that they have networks there that are compatible with foreign networks, at least in part so travelers can function there with their devices.

But just like a nominally "incompatible" 3GPP device here in the USA can get signals from carriers it was not designed to be compatible with, that does not make it optimal. There are generally coverage gaps and issues with HSPA+/LTE/"4G" services.

For example, China Unicom operates various TDD wireless networks in China. There are none of those in the USA, nor to my knowledge do any current Blackberry models support that network technology.

Also, various networks in China operate on 2600Mhz. There are no operational 2600Mhz cellular networks in the USA, though there is one model of Blackberry Z10 (STL100-2, commonly sold in Europe) that supports 2600Mhz. (But not TDD)
    06-08-13 12:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    They are only going to sell one of each, this way the Chinese can make copies of them for everyone else.
    Omnitech, Acumenight and dusdal like this.
    06-08-13 09:19 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry has other plans of entering into the Chinese market. Perhaps there is some partnership with a local Chinese company in the works.

I'm using a Z10 btw. But I'm not located in China.

Posted via CB10
    lenovo could be the potential partnership of blackberry. I hope so
    06-09-13 06:31 AM
    lenovo could be the potential partnership of blackberry. I hope so
    07-02-13 07:33 PM
    Does Hong Kong count? Alright. It doesn't. But eagerly waiting for WeChat too. Essential to connect with friends in Mainland China. Quick pls.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:30 AM
    When i was in hong kong there were advertisements around but no that many but everyone knows that the chinese market including HK is dominated by android and iphone. I think i may have been the only one with a blackberry when I was commuting around in the subway

Does Hong Kong count? Alright. It doesn't. But eagerly waiting for WeChat too. Essential to connect with friends in Mainland China. Quick pls.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:59 AM