And you can put your RIM/Rose coloured glasses back on.
    All is well in the world, eh?
    I don't think everything is well, far from it. But what they have accomplished within the last year is pretty remarkable. One year from now lets see where BB is.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-14-13 11:36 AM
    They have made strides in the last year. But the latest numbers are not encouraging. And executives leaving - let's not forget Rob Orr going to Samsung - adds to the perception that all is not well.

How much time does BlackBerry have? How long until the major shareholders decide to make real changes? Or a takeover bid/shareholder battle? The cash is sitting there like a giant pile of gold. Market value drops. This is serious people.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-14-13 11:42 AM
    They have made strides in the last year. But the latest numbers are not encouraging. And executives leaving - let's not forget Rob Orr going to Samsung - adds to the perception that all is not well.

How much time does BlackBerry have? How long until the major shareholders decide to make real changes? Or a takeover bid/shareholder battle? The cash is sitting there like a giant pile of gold. Market value drops. This is serious people.
    Short term, probably a partnership is in order. While they have some promising updates and products coming out, these things will take a while.
    07-14-13 11:45 AM
    I sold a business and I stayed 6 months. It's very hard to go from owner-ceo to employee. They left because they probably want to start something else or do something else. Gist and tungleme went away so I am sure they had very little motivation. Its not a bad thing. There may have been a requirement for them to stay a certain amount of time and that has passed.
    07-14-13 12:43 PM
    Exactly^^^^^^

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 05:26 PM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 05:33 PM
    I don't think everything is well, far from it. But what they have accomplished within the last year is pretty remarkable. One year from now lets see where BB is.
    That same thing is said every year.
    07-14-13 05:49 PM
    That same thing is said every year.
    Not really....last two years they were dead.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-14-13 07:36 PM
    Is it middle management or is it a poor OS10? Although anecdotal, the business people I know that migrated to a Q10 all hate it without exception. By extension, if business users don't like the Q10 "experience", will they also be less likely to go with BES10 for MDM?
    07-14-13 07:46 PM
    Is it middle management or is it a poor OS10? Although anecdotal, the business people I know that migrated to a Q10 all hate it without exception.
    Pretty strong statement. Care to provide details? Is it "where's my trackpad?!" or something more?
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-14-13 07:52 PM
    The anti BlackBerry haters try to spin everything into a negative. One must ask why would they spend hours and hours on a BlackBerry fan site if they are anti BlackBerry?
    You're totally right, and the best part is....If blackberry makes no changes, they are inflexible and inept. If they make changes, the company is in internal turmoil and it is a disaster. They're right no matter what!

The same kind of person that trolls a blog is the same type of person that can never be wrong and constantly corrects people. See, nobody wants to be around those type of people, hence why they are on a blog on the internet being negative.
    07-14-13 08:05 PM
    Is it middle management or is it a poor OS10? Although anecdotal, the business people I know that migrated to a Q10 all hate it without exception. By extension, if business users don't like the Q10 "experience", will they also be less likely to go with BES10 for MDM?
    And again, this is so inaccurate as to be ridiculous. I'm a professional businessperson and a consultant and I love my Q10. So on this thread, using a sample size of one, all business people love the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-14-13 08:22 PM
    The anti BlackBerry haters
    So, if they are the anti BlackBerry haters, does that make them BlackBerry lovers??? Inquiring minds want to know.
    amazinglygraceless and JeepBB like this.
    07-15-13 11:23 AM
    And again, this is so inaccurate as to be ridiculous. I'm a professional businessperson and a consultant and I love my Q10. So on this thread, using a sample size of one, all business people love the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    And I can counter your one, so it is zero.
    07-15-13 11:25 AM
    we'll talk when the chief resigns.
    07-15-13 11:29 AM
    And I can counter your one, so it is zero.
    You really HATE your BlackBerry? Well I'll counter that, so back to one.

This is ridiculous. People don't hate it. It's a phone. If it doesn't do what you need it to you have the right to hate it and go somewhere else. I doubt these people are unable to use their BB10 phone. Most, if not all, are just not used to it coming from other phones and, yes, even legacy devices like most of us here did. Learning curve? Yes. It's unlike anything I've used and I find it superior now that I have learned to utilize it. My 9900 is still my favourite but it is quickly becoming a thing of the past in my mind.
    07-15-13 11:48 AM
    No, I don't love or hate inanimate devices. I am not happy with some things on the Z10 and Q10 that impact me. I don't much care if they don't impact anyone else. I am using a Q10 and still have some show stoppers. Since I have other devices on my desk that do not have these limitations, I feel free to switch back whenever I want to.

I don't hate the Q10 or BlackBerry. I just continue to be disappointed. Guess my standards are different than others.
    07-15-13 11:52 AM
    Cleaning out the sales group is something that is needed. Poor marketing and bad returns on marketing shows a consistent problem.

Fresh air I hope.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Shanerredflag and 1stTry like this.
    07-17-13 06:34 PM
    I don't think this will matter. I don't think Blackberry will be around in two years. Everything is BAD. Nobody's buying Z10's. They're ONE (1) DOLLAR at Best Buy now! Has a phone ever been relegated to the bargain bin that quickly?!

Look...I'll give the company credit. BB10 is a compelling product IF YOU PAY ATTENTION. But this company waited too long to DO something. The Z10 came along at a time when Apple/Google are so firmly entrenched with mature OS's. Additionally, BlackBerry has done almost everything wrong since releasing BB10. It's a good product, but it's too little too late and the guys calling the shots are just clueless.
    07-19-13 01:07 AM
    I would like to see some management changes at BGR.
    raremage likes this.
    07-19-13 07:56 AM
    Cleaning out the sales group is something that is needed. Poor marketing and bad returns on marketing shows a consistent problem.

Fresh air I hope.
    Sales and Marketing are two different things.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 07-25-13 at 12:40 AM.
    07-23-13 04:43 PM
    I don't think this will matter. I don't think Blackberry will be around in two years. Everything is BAD. Nobody's buying Z10's. They're ONE (1) DOLLAR at Best Buy now! Has a phone ever been relegated to the bargain bin that quickly?!
    Six months after announcement, five months after release? Of course, this is no huge exception.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 10:23 AM
    Six months after announcement, five months after release? Of course, this is no huge exception.
    Not sure where people are getting this idea. If a phone has a new model come out, certainly. But even the SG3 is still $49 at BB. The 4S is $99.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-26-13 11:31 AM
48 12