Couldn't find this anywhere on Crackberry. Good news/ Bad news? A little of both?

Apologies if this is already posted.

http://bgr.com/2013/07/12/blackberry...ures-expected/

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:35 AM
    Good news. Very, very good news.

Posted via CB10
    edu3110 likes this.
    07-14-13 08:52 AM
    Let's hope it's good news. There is something wrong in fold.
    07-14-13 08:56 AM
    Needed but may be to late.

BlackBerry is not good at anticipating market trends. This is something that needs to be rectified. Hopefully it will make BlackBerry a more nimble company able to foresee where the market is going and get there first in the future
    07-14-13 09:00 AM
    cant say if its good or bad news. He might be trimming down the company so the company buying it out have positions to fill. Or he could be doing it to have more direct communication and control throughout the company.
    07-14-13 09:05 AM
    Very good news.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:08 AM
    For those who don't want to visit BGR.
    Three key BlackBerry executives have left the company over the past couple of months and many more could soon be shuffling toward the exit as well. An unnamed source has told Bloomberg that more BlackBerry executives are expected to leave the company in the coming weeks as their retention bonuses expire and as CEO Thorsten Heins starts implementing ambitious sales goals intended to put members of his management team on the hot seat. Heins’ goals reportedly cover “phone sales, subscriber growth and product development,” as well as the addition of new apps for the BlackBerry 10 platform, Bloomberg’s source said. The tougher sales goals are a clear sign that Heins is not pleased with the progress that BlackBerry has made so far in its attempt make BlackBerry once again competitive with iOS and Android
    JGuez55, 20degrees and ibpluto like this.
    07-14-13 09:09 AM
    In the short-term, you can politically buy some more time to make changes but you can only fire so many middle managers before people start to say "maybe it's not them..."
    JeepBB and aniym like this.
    07-14-13 09:12 AM
    Very bad news that things have gotten to this point.

Good news that the problem is being recognized and acted upon.

Bad news is that key people started abandoning ship just before this action, and more likely follow suit. The ones who quit will be the ones who are most employable and therefore most capable.

Bad management should shoulder much of the blame for BB's troubles, but it's not just management. IMO the problem is a lack of vision as well.
    cgk and JeepBB like this.
    07-14-13 09:13 AM
    It's the equivalent to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

This is only to buy some more time, but it will do little to stop the ship from sinking.
    07-14-13 09:18 AM
    Very bad news that things have gotten to this point.

Good news that the problem is being recognized and acted upon.

Bad news is that key people started abandoning ship just before this action, and more likely follow suit. The ones who quit will be the ones who are most employable and therefore most capable.

Bad management should shoulder much of the blame for BB's troubles, but it's not just management. IMO the problem is a lack of vision as well.
    The head of the social networking and the head of the contacts app are the only guys who quit.
    Those apps were far from capable.
    07-14-13 09:19 AM
    The head of the social networking and the head of the contacts app are the only guys who quit.
    The anti BlackBerry haters try to spin everything into a negative. One must ask why would they spend hours and hours on a BlackBerry fan site if they are anti BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:48 AM
    It's the equivalent to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

This is only to buy some more time, but it will do little to stop the ship from sinking.
    I tend to take a more positive view on things. They recognize change is required and they're taking action. My hope is its appropriate action.

While it's got a way to go, overall I'm happy with BB10 and my Q10 specifically. I thinking the products can win the day, if the team is on board and capable of executing. Hopefully these and a few future changes gets it done.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:05 AM
    The anti BlackBerry haters try to spin everything into a negative. One must ask why would they spend hours and hours on a BlackBerry fan site if they are anti BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I ask that daily! There are some that are frustrated, highly critical and have a 'glass half empty' approach to the world. Despite this, if you dig deep, there are things they like about BlackBerry even if they don't say it often.

There are others like who come here every day, spew dozens of negative posts. Who insult BlackBerry at every opportunity. Who bemoan how everything is awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance. Who don't even seem to use BlackBerrys, yet fill the forum with essentially 1600+ posts of the same negatively.

One can only hope that these (very few) real trolls will be given a holiday to peddle their troll crap elsewhere.
    rim4ever likes this.
    07-14-13 10:10 AM
    Those guys were the ones who were responsible for Gist and tungle.me, which were hailed around these parts as quite capable. Maybe those guys just got frustrated with Blackberry's ability to execute on the directions they were giving?
    07-14-13 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    And the Kool-Aid drinkers always pop by for their two cents.
    Sad.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-14-13 10:14 AM
    I ask that daily! There are some that are frustrated, highly critical and have a 'glass half empty' approach to the world. Despite this, if you dig deep, there are things they like about BlackBerry even if they don't say it often.

There are others like who come here every day, spew dozens of negative posts. Who insult BlackBerry at every opportunity. Who bemoan how everything is awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance. Who don't even seem to use BlackBerrys, yet fill the forum with essentially 1600+ posts of the same negatively.

One can only hope that these (very few) real trolls will be given a holiday to peddle their troll crap elsewhere.
    And then you kool aid drinkers can have a forum to yourselves and praise every move from BlackBerry as being a blessed event.
    Right? Of course.

Perhaps you two should get together and build just such a site.
    07-14-13 10:15 AM
    Those guys were the ones who were responsible for Gist and tungle.me, which were hailed around these parts as quite capable. Maybe those guys just got frustrated with Blackberry's ability to execute on the directions they were giving?
    Yeah, at one time they made something cool.
    However, when they were apart of BlackBerry they didn't do anything unique or creative...
    07-14-13 10:17 AM
    Yet to be determined if this is good or bad...

Unfortunately, for investors, this may have a negative effect the upcoming weeks.
    07-14-13 10:19 AM
    Two More BlackBerry Executives Leaving: Report

not sure if this article or something similar has been posted confirming the names of the execs that are resigning

"McCann had been vice president in charge of all social networks at BlackBerry and Marc Gingras was in charge of retooling the calendar and contact applications for the BlackBerry 10 operating system"

i don't see CB doing an article on these execs and what it might mean to the company, it's kinda sad my friend pointed this out before i knew stating how Blackberry is failing and people are jumping off ship.
    07-14-13 10:25 AM
    I would like to see Alicia Keys and head of marketing for the USA cut loose. Star power is useful, but for goodness sake pick a star that actually uses Blackberry products.

I think Blackberry can pull it off, it just gets harder every day.
    07-14-13 10:46 AM
    And then you kool aid drinkers
    Yes. That's it. I'm a Kool-AID drinker who thinks everything is perfect and fine.

Are you functionally illiterate?
    07-14-13 10:56 AM
    Nope; I read your troll baiting nonsense every day.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-14-13 11:01 AM
    Nope; I read your troll baiting nonsense every day.
    Clearly not very well. I'll let you get back to your perma-sneer view of the world.
    07-14-13 11:19 AM
    And you can put your RIM/Rose coloured glasses back on.
    All is well in the world, eh?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-14-13 11:22 AM
48 12