This bonehead Louis Bedigian is publishing articles that are being picked-up elsewhere (ie Microsoft Money's feed on Blackberry had a 2nd-hand copy of it) claiming BlackBerry is going to license BB10 to Android handset makers.

Clearly he's confused about the difference between BBM (which has announced an Android bundling deal) and BlackBerry 10 the OS.

Can someone set this guy straight? I've got one foot out the door at the moment..

BlackBerry To Rely On Android For Future Success | Benzinga

"Instead of trying to sell its BlackBerry 10 operating system to consumers through the sale of BB10-specific handsets, the company will soon pre-load the OS on other manufacturers' products."

12-03-13 02:32 PM
    This bonehead Louis Bedigian is publishing articles that are being picked-up elsewhere (ie Microsoft Money's feed on Blackberry had a 2nd-hand copy of it) claiming BlackBerry is going to license BB10 to Android handset makers.

Clearly he's confused about the difference between BBM (which has announced an Android bundling deal) and BlackBerry 10 the OS.

Can someone set this guy straight? I've got one foot out the door at the moment..

BlackBerry To Rely On Android For Future Success | Benzinga

"Instead of trying to sell its BlackBerry 10 operating system to consumers through the sale of BB10-specific handsets, the company will soon pre-load the OS on other manufacturers' products."

Based on his in depth report... so does he.
    BCITMike and app_Developer like this.
    12-03-13 02:51 PM
    Now that I've had time to read Bedigian's article again, I see that he credited AllThingsD as the source for his article, but mangled the content. AllThingsD specified BBM was going to be bundled, not BlackBerry 10 OS. (link)

Doh!
    12-03-13 05:15 PM
    12-03-13 08:11 PM
    12-04-13 01:32 AM
    Just shows on uninformed people are with technology.... or they actually want to cause confusion...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-04-13 01:40 AM
    Ugh. Remind me what one might call a donkey that cannot speak.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:55 AM
    This is like what happened when desktop publishing software became cheap and easily accessible.
    Now everybody with an internet connection thinks they're a tech blogger. How embarrassing.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-04-13 02:02 AM
    Took them until today, but they've corrected the article now.

The new article has a dateline of yesterday afternoon within 1-2 hours after I emailed them though. And no retraction or clarification, they just replaced the article.

We lurvs responsible journalists.
    12-04-13 02:16 PM