I didn't notice any significant news today... any particular reason why the stock would jump? 4% is small, but not insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 05:12 PM
    maybe the jakarta release is finally hitting mainstream media?
    05-01-14 05:21 PM
    It most definitely could be the Jakarta program. I would very much like to see the Z3 in person.
    05-01-14 05:31 PM
    Today will be the test. If it keeps going up, we got something but it can loose 50 cents or more from people taking their money back out.

Time will tell. Hard to get too exicited about BBRY reaching $8
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-06-14 at 11:51 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 07:20 AM
    Chen recently met with Goldman Sacks, Jeffries, and a few other investment banks. We should be hearing from jeffries soon.

Blackberry needs a strong stock price to help sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    jake simmons3 and eldricho like this.
    05-02-14 08:15 AM
    No particular reasons... like there were no particular reasons for the loss in the past days... in this particular moment and for few months (quarters) to come BBRY will be extremely volatile. If Chen is successful in stabilizing the company, we can possibly see a meaningful increase of the stocks value but that cannot be done overnight
    Last edited by DavideaNY; 05-03-14 at 07:32 AM.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    05-02-14 02:22 PM
    Chen recently met with Goldman Sacks, Jeffries, and a few other investment banks. We should be hearing from jeffries soon.

Blackberry needs a strong stock price to help sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry needs positive revenues, or at least a strong indication they are heading there for a major positive shift in stick values

Posted via Android Powered CrackBerry App via SNAP
    05-02-14 06:45 PM
    BlackBerry needs positive revenues, or at least a strong indication they are heading there for a major positive shift in stick values

Posted via Android Powered CrackBerry App via SNAP
    Stock value too

Lol...sorry, couldn't help myself...it was just sitting there.

Agree 100%, in fact it's what I've believed for 30 months now. Personally I think the momentum is shifting, (many do not)... have a bunch long, swing trade some too...investing is all about comfort, if it makes one uncomfortable you probably shouldn't do it (the trade that makes you uncomfortable).

Trying to time this thing isn't easy (way to volatile)...if they succeed there will be lots of room above current (or even last year's highs) for the "cautious" investor to reap some gains.

Just my two cents.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    05-02-14 08:50 PM
    It is/was being pumped...

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:17 AM
    I see a lot of good things ahead.

The Z3 launched with a ridiculously low initial price. A huge screen, monster sized battery, low price and BB10 experience. This could be a home run.

Z10/Q10 prices dropping to $200-$300 level unlocked. This can boost market share as well.

A smart and synergistic partnership into health care sector.

More partnerships into auto industry with Siemens and nokia. (parking services, mapping..)

BES is still #1 by a mile and with EZPASS program, many more customers will be switching back to blackberry from the competition. These are companies that made purchases with competition like Mobileiron and Good and are now coming back.

BES 12 is coming and will add more legacy customers.

Also, Blackberry is uniquely positioned to be a leader in the upcoming IoT market. Cisco estimates that this market could reach $19trillion.

BBM stickers are lame but adding mainstream stickers like South Park was a smart move. Let's get family guy, Simpsons, even Dexter serial killers there! This is easy and high margin revenue from 10s of millions of people.

Sales of unneeded real estate and much smaller patent expenses will help keep cash high.

I personally want blackberry to grow each of these businesses and use any profits from one to fund the others. I don't care if it takes another decade to generate massive EPS, I like all of the businesses and would invest in each one.

Blackberry is my top investment and I will continue to accumulate.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:54 AM
    A few percent up and down doesn't really matter enough to have some sort of news story attached to it. If it's up 7-10 percent up or down for that matter then there is some news happening.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:57 AM
    Back to reality...
    05-05-14 02:53 PM
    Back to reality...
    You got that right!
    05-05-14 03:08 PM
    BBRYwas falling -1.6% to $8.02 Monday following the announcement that the smartphone maker will sell most of its Canadian real estate to Spear Street.

The real estate investment firm will buy the real estate for CAD$305 million, or about $278 million. The sale includes 3 million square feet of office space and vacant lands. BlackBerry will leaseback some of the office space included in the deal.

The sale of 80% of the assets is expected to close later in May, with the rest of the deal completing sometime in the third quarter.
    Three million square feet of office space for $278 million is a pretty good deal... for the buyer.
    05-05-14 04:50 PM
    Three million square feet of office space for $278 million is a pretty good deal... for the buyer.
    Really?

Must be prime property…that's roughly $4.4M/acre!
    05-05-14 05:36 PM
    I didn't notice any significant news today... any particular reason why the stock would jump? 4% is small, but not insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? This is good for BlackBerry regardless of what percentage!
    Maybe it's because they sold their real estate asset.
    05-05-14 07:56 PM
    Really?

Must be prime property…that's roughly $4.4M/acre!
    Sorry, the article I posted from might not have been clear... That is three million square feet is OFFICE SPACE, not vacant land. Haven't seen anything that says how much property came with the buildings.

I assume that in reality most of the space is warehouse and industrial type spaces... but I could be wrong. Think many of the Corporate Offices were in the "campus" that the University of Waterloo bought for $41 million.

Regardless, the construction cost on that amount of space was most likely closer to $300,000,000.00 at a minimum - in Canada it might have been much higher with the cost associated with longer and colder winters. If it is indeed all office space, then the cost could have been twice what they are selling it for. So I'm saying that BlackBerry had to take a loss on this deal, regardless of how many acres are in fact involved - which I have not seen disclosed anywhere.

But it was most likely the best deal they could get based on the location and lack of much industry in the area that could use this type of space. It's one of the problems building a large custom facility away from the rest of your industry. And their need for CASH.
    05-06-14 09:56 AM
    Sorry, the article I posted from might not have been clear... That is three million square feet is OFFICE SPACE, not vacant land. Haven't seen anything that says how much property came with the buildings.

I assume that in reality most of the space is warehouse and industrial type spaces... but I could be wrong. Think many of the Corporate Offices were in the "campus" that the University of Waterloo bought for $41 million.

Regardless, the construction cost on that amount of space was most likely closer to $300,000,000.00 at a minimum - in Canada it might have been much higher with the cost associated with longer and colder winters. If it is indeed all office space, then the cost could have been twice what they are selling it for. So I'm saying that BlackBerry had to take a loss on this deal, regardless of how many acres are in fact involved - which I have not seen disclosed anywhere.

But it was most likely the best deal they could get based on the location and lack of much industry in the area that could use this type of space. It's one of the problems building a large custom facility away from the rest of your industry. And their need for CASH.
    I know the igloos and dogsleds are a real hassle to dodge on the way to the office up here...lol.

Just to clarify :

The company said in the release it wouldn't comment on the potential value of a sale and would only "disclose further information as required." In a recent regulatory filing BlackBerry said it was holding $192-million worth of "certain property plant and equipment assets" for sale and expected to dispose of them "within the next 12 months." A company spokesman said there is "some overlap" between the properties put up for sale Tuesday and those included in the earlier set of assets earmarked for sale two months ago, but there are "additional properties" now for sale.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-06-14 at 10:53 AM.
    05-06-14 10:40 AM
    Is it because the large screen touch only market has peaked, and tablets are on the rise?

Investors might see some value in a company that offers something different.
    05-09-14 09:55 PM