Since it seems some BBRY stock holders may decide to look at alternatives or diversification, I believe it will be interesting to gather their feelings and actions in this particular thread.

Disclaimer : This thread is aimed to share experiences or findings but should in NO CASE be considered as anything else than experience sharing or general discussion board. You must perform your own research and take advices from a recognized/authorized person if you are not aware about trading practices and risks.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-25-13 at 08:40 AM.
    jmehta22 and Compaqee like this.
    09-25-13 08:15 AM
    F as in Ford. It's on a good run. And they didn't take any money from the dang gubmint.
    09-25-13 08:26 AM
    I think AMD is trying to break out again...
    09-25-13 09:13 AM
    I think AMD is trying to break out again...
    Loaded up on AMD few months ago, good move so far, also very long with SIRI I got in at .70 cents way back lol Air Canada seems to be doing well lately, for how long who knows, got in at 2.00.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jahcure; 09-25-13 at 03:02 PM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-25-13 09:17 AM
    Hello

And yes Ford has done me some great service in terms of capital gains!

Cheers
    09-25-13 09:27 AM
    Was thinking about buying AMD as well, they are announcing a new chip today I believe.
    09-25-13 12:13 PM
    09-25-13 02:59 PM
    Hi Morgan!
    Just wondering what your thoughts are on PSDV's QE report today? Where do you think the stock is going to go from here?
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:41 PM
    Air Canada is starting to gain momentum
    Jahcure likes this.
    09-27-13 01:51 AM
    What do you think about Halo/Acad ? Can they go even higher? Chance/risk ?
    09-27-13 12:07 PM
    Would you guys think halo is still a good buy

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 02:31 AM
    Would you guys think halo is still a good buy

Posted via CB10
    I go against the tide and think HALO could have a major correction coming. Mind you I've thought this since the last time it hit 12 so don't take my advice lol I'll put up my interpretation of the chart, much to the chagrin of many anti TA folk. Remember though, news trumps TA and they are supposed to have some news coming very soon which could take this higher.

DISCLAIMER - I'm no expert!! I'm new to the game and learning as I go. This should in no way, shape, or form, be taken as any sort of advice. Do your own due diligence and invest based on your own conclusions.

BBRY stock holders and other Stocks diversification-screen-shot-2013-11-09-8.56.39-am.png
    11-09-13 08:00 AM
    Not sure if many of you just want to play tech stocks but Ithaca Energy (IAE) is an oil producer that is about 8-10 months away from doubling there current production in the North Sea. Earnings on Monday. If drill results on the 2nd Stella well comes back as positive as the first it should see a good spike. I've been holding this one for years. Great management team.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:17 PM
    Not sure if many of you just want to play tech stocks but Ithaca Energy (IAE) is an oil producer that is about 8-10 months away from doubling there current production in the North Sea. Earnings on Monday. If drill results on the 2nd Stella well comes back as positive as the first it should see a good spike. I've been holding this one for years. Great management team.

Posted via CB10
    I'm personally looking at all stocks. Thanks for this I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:05 PM
    I was in on Air Canada at about $2 but sold too early since I was just happy to make my money back after having seen the share price go down to 70 cents only 18 months ago. I've got shares in Dragonwave and am down about 60%...about as bad as BlackBerry but still hoping.

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    11-09-13 08:39 PM
    I go against the tide and think HALO could have a major correction coming. Mind you I've thought this since the last time it hit 12 so don't take my advice lol I'll put up my interpretation of the chart, much to the chagrin of many anti TA folk. Remember though, news trumps TA and they are supposed to have some news coming very soon which could take this higher.

DISCLAIMER - I'm no expert!! I'm new to the game and learning as I go. This should in no way, shape, or form, be taken as any sort of advice. Do your own due diligence and invest based on your own conclusions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 8.56.39 AM.png 
Views:	2269 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	218822
    Took a while but you nailed it today. LoL
    04-04-14 08:46 AM
    Took a while but you nailed it today. LoL
    Well considering it went up $5 from that point I think it's fair to say I was wrong. I suppose I did pick the general support area correct though lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 04-04-14 at 10:28 AM.
    notfanboy likes this.
    04-04-14 09:52 AM
    Brutal morning with HALO and most of my biotechnology stocks. I do hope things improve by next week

Posted via swift BlackBerry �? Z30!
    jmehta22 likes this.
    04-04-14 10:47 AM
    Brutal morning with HALO and most of my biotechnology stocks. I do hope things improve by next week
    All of the "momentum" stocks (tech, biotech, Tesla, social media) have taken a hit and several analysts think this is the beginning of a long-overdue correction. Money is flowing out of these stocks and flowing into more established and stable value stocks (Microsoft, Intel, P&G, AT&T, etc.)

Since it seems some BBRY stock holders may decide to look at alternatives or diversification, I believe it will be interesting to gather their feelings and actions in this particular thread.
    I mostly stay away from individual stocks as they can swing wildly on news (like HALO down 27%). I prefer to invest in stable funds that consistently grow. I plan to retire in 10 years, not 10 weeks. I'm still well on track.
    04-05-14 11:30 AM
    that's officially a *bump*
    StormieTwo likes this.
    01-23-15 02:27 AM
    that's officially a *bump*
    A 9 month bump it is. Congrats Daddy. LoL
    01-23-15 06:22 AM
    looks like I'm early to the party !

looking forward to the suggestions and posts in this forum!
    Thank you SF
    01-23-15 08:33 AM
    Mmm, let's see if anyone reads this thread.

What's your view on purchasing a stock vs purchasing the index that the stock belongs in for buy-and-hold investors.

For example, ECA vs XEG, or HALO vs IBB ?

Yes, you don't get the massive % increase if you pick a homerun, but you also don't get a massive % hit if one stock is hit by bad news.
    01-23-15 08:47 AM
    Well, I would say, as you suggest, that you limit the swing... in both directions. So it might be an interesting long play but you have to engage a larger amount ...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 06:11 PM
    Saying hi from Montreal, cheers to all.

rarsen
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-26-15 05:42 AM
517 123 ...