Getting Phase 3 results will take quite a while, but if results are solid the upside is massive. Right now I think the sp will be range bound for a while. Still, the float will likely get pushed around by money flows more than you think. May be good trading opportunities on top of a core position.

Posted via CB10
    Good points. Yeah, sideways trading makes sense, be nice to get over that $4 hump though

If they nail this next trial, then yeah, it could be pretty crazy

Flipside is if the trial comes back negative, then it's pretty much worthless

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 01:18 PM
    Good points. Yeah, sideways trading makes sense, be nice to get over that $4 hump though

If they nail this next trial, then yeah, it could be pretty crazy

Flipside is if the trial comes back negative, then it's pretty much worthless

Posted via CB10
    Like I said before, crap shoot...wouldn't get too extended on this one, but I like the way it's playing out. It's a longer term story now though...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 03:46 PM
    Well, what have I learned from SPHS and my greed.
    Not sure.

Looking back, if I could have picked the high around $8+ and sold, I would have been ahead.
    But, knowing the way I am, I would have likely rebought anywhere around 5-6. And then chased all the way down

So, would I have been ahead or behind.

I hope this is just the extra shares and warrants being injected and then being accumulated for very cheap

I am pretty beside myself, I have no intention of selling, but damn, this is hard to watch

I wish I could stop watching and focus on other stuff, but that's tough to do.

I am fine with holding for a year or two, been holding BlackBerry for longer, I just need to get back to the crops!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-01-16 10:22 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    FarmerSteve: really tough .... I really wish you had averaged up ...as well as down along this crazy journey ... very hard (high risk) when its all or nothing ... i learned that hard lesson (still holding) from my years of investing in BlackBerry (long) .(still in red ) .. as was said earlier by some here .. its good to take profits along the way ... i sold most of my SPHS between $4-$6 and was all out by last week ... lucky i guess ....best ever investment ... However, had i held and not taken gains .. very minor gain now ... good luck ... long term still BO possible as some have said ...
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 09-01-16 at 03:08 PM.
    09-01-16 11:24 AM
    FarmerSteve: really tough .... I really wish you had averaged up ...as well as down along this crazy journey ... very hard (high risk) when its all or nothing ... i learned that hard lesson (still holding) from my years of investing in BlackBerry (long) .(still in red ) .. as was said earlier by some here .. its good to take profits along the way ... i sold most of my SPHS between $4-$6 and was all out by last week ... lucky i guess .. almost seven figure gain in total ...best ever investment ... However, had i held and not taken gains .. very minor gain now ... good luck ... long term still BO possible as some have said ...
    Good to hear you made some nice coin off this crazy stock.
    If it can stay in this region, I'm in ok shape, any lower and it gets bumpy.

I think my original reasons for buying have not changed, just my time frame.

Thanks for the response, and I hope we all celebrate BlackBerry soon too!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 11:42 AM
    Farmersteve, I'm in the exact same boat as you buddy. I feel like a fool for not unloading when I was green over $50k but at that point and excitement I was drunk with greed I guess.

Still have all my shares and every decline for the last 2 weeks is like punch in the gut and I shake my head due to my stupidity.

I'm still holding a profit at this low price, and feel like it can't go any lower (although I thought that last week). Hopefully something positive comes out soon and I can stop beating myself up so much.

I think there are a lot of us that are really disappointed and feel the same. I still believe longterm should be great though.

CEO, glad to hear you made some nice profit.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 12:27 PM
    Merboy

Lol, the problem is that we were doomed either way
    We probably all thought buyout, so selling didn't make sense

How would we feel now if we unloaded and it went to $20!
    But now, my plan is pretty much the same. Let an external force decide when I exit the stock. Stupid, but not sure what else to do

I just need to stop looking at this damn thing!

Glta!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 03:33 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Merboy

Lol, the problem is that we were doomed either way
    We probably all thought buyout, so selling didn't make sense

How would we feel now if we unloaded and it went to $20!
    But now, my plan is pretty much the same. Let an external force decide when I exit the stock. Stupid, but not sure what else to do

I just need to stop looking at this damn thing!

Glta!

Posted via CB10
    That's why it's wise to consider best case AND worse case together ... sell half when you realize a good profit gain... or just sell in increments as it goes up and same as it starts to correct.... this way you win either way... Rather than going for grand slam and then striking out...

... we've all been there before! .. when I first bought Sphs it had just doubled to $3.25.. of course next days after that it dropped to less than half! ... so I just averaged down bit by bit..accumulating and lowering my average... eventually getting the average to around $1.55.... it eventually was around. 90 cents before making its move up... if you have the conviction to hold for the longer run then perhaps add at this low(er) SP?... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 04:36 PM
    That's why it's wise to consider best case AND worse case together ... sell half when you realize a good profit gain... or just sell in increments as it goes up and same as it starts to correct.... this way you win either way... Rather than going for grand slam and then striking out...

... we've all been there before! .. when I first bought Sphs it had just doubled to $3.25.. of course next days after that it dropped to less than half! ... so I just averaged down bit by bit..accumulating and lowering my average... eventually getting the average to around $1.55.... it eventually was around. 90 cents before making its move up... if you have the conviction to hold for the longer run then perhaps add at this low(er) SP?... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I was in the same boat with that $3 buy, then bought a bunch at. 91 to bring my average down. Selling on the way up is the intelligent thing to do, but this damn thing just kept flying higher each day and I was going to sell some in the $8's and than it crashed. I should have unloaded on the way down, but was too stubborn

I'm still in it for the long haul, and hope that the next PC trial does well, then it really shouldn't matter where it is now, cause it should be worth plenty on its own

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 05:25 PM
    @Worldtraveler, you back in SPHS?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 02:24 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    @Worldtraveler, you back in SPHS?

Posted via CB10
    Yep.. just added 15k ... Ave price 3.10.... figure if I can wait longer than 8 years to be (eventually) green on bb... can take a long wait on this one lol

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 02:41 PM
    Yep.. just added 15k ... Ave price 3.10.... figure if I can wait longer than 8 years to be (eventually) green on bb... can take a long wait on this one lol

Posted via CB10
    Nice, keep us posted on your strategy, I need to learn

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 03:04 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nice, keep us posted on your strategy, I need to learn

Posted via CB10
    Np.. I try to learn from other posters, and especially from some really smart. Experienced people on the other thread like Morganplus8, Daschwantz, Kadakn01 (sp) ....etc...In the end it's managing our emotions on a stock, isn't it?.... good luck.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and alludba like this.
    09-02-16 04:07 PM
    Np.. I try to learn from other posters, and especially from some really smart. Experienced people on the other thread like Morganplus8, Daschwantz, Kadakn01 (sp) ....etc...In the end it's managing our emotions on a stock, isn't it?.... good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Emotional, yep. I get too married.
    Those posters you have mentioned are huge assets to the entire crackberry site

Have a great long weekend
    We are knee deep in peaches, apples grapes and prunes. My long weekend is mid feb.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:14 PM

We are knee deep in peaches, apples grapes and prunes. My long weekend is mid feb.

Posted via CB10
    I'll be down in Niagara for the next two weekends. I'll have to stop by for some fresh picked fruit!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 08:31 PM
    I'll be down in Niagara for the next two weekends. I'll have to stop by for some fresh picked fruit!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Get here early. Buttertarts selling out fast these days and summer staff back at school

Peaches are moving fast too, but we should have plenty of grapes and apples for the next while

Ask for steve when you get there, I maybe at the other farm or making dinner for the kids!

Posted via CB10
    Radagast2012 likes this.
    09-02-16 09:23 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    Nice..i am originally from Niagara lol..know it well ... live in toronto now, since graduation from U of Waterloo... However, mom and sister still in Niagara...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 09-04-16 at 10:37 AM.
    Radagast2012 likes this.
    09-02-16 09:48 PM
    Nice..i am originally from Niagara lol..know it well... live in toronto since graduation from Waterloo... mom and sister still there Steve...

Posted via CB10
    Small world guys. Had a brother go through Niagara College, I went through UWaterloo, and now I'm in Toronto starting my career.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 10:57 AM
    Thanks for the compliments guys. For the record I've been swing trading (as opposed to day trading) since 1996, and have learned a lot about risk management after successfully surviving at least 3 broad market crashes and countless individual stock price collapses (I don't shy away from small caps). It's critical to learn how to keep emotions at bay, while still being able to have a gut instinct and sense of timing that pays off in the end. Averaging in and out is important with a volatile stock like SPHS, but you do what you can do, according to your own needs and ability. For example, I sold a third of my original position above this price, but would have sold another third at 8 if I hadn't been so busy at my day job right at that same time. In any case, I do think it's getting to be a good price to buy more...may do so shortly.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 08:38 AM
    OT related to developing market of batteries for electric vehicles and home energy:

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/...96&bid=1522558

By making electric car batteries that Tesla used to buy from others, CEO Elon Musk adopted a strategy made famous by Henry Ford � build a vertically integrated company that controls the many stages of production. By integrating �backward� into its supply chain, Musk is betting Tesla can improve the performance and lower the costs of batteries for its vehicles. SolarCity is one of the largest installers of solar photovoltaic panels, with some 300,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in 27 states. This latest move would bring Tesla one step closer to being the fully integrated provider of sustainable energy solutions for the masses that Elon Musk envisions.

Because batteries are the single most important component to driving range between recharges and the cost of cars, the synergy between battery and electric vehicle production is obvious. Another catalyst in this situation will be the increasing availability of �time of use� rates for grid-sourced electricity. For years, utilities have instituted rate plans that charge more for usage during peak hours (typically midday) versus steeply discounted nonpeak (nighttime) rates. This allows consumers the option to shift demand to nonpeak hours or simply reduce peak consumption to lower their electricity bills. By ramping up production at the Gigafactory, will Tesla find ways to lower battery cost and improve battery performance with better energy density (energy storage capacity relative to weight)?
    09-10-16 06:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Managing emotions is one part. But I also set a target (realistic) sale price and a price at which I expect to be the max for the stock. If either is reached I sell. I've been burned a couple times but would rather take some profits and miss out on more profits than loose and keep chasing a falling stock (learned that lesson with BB).

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-10-16 07:30 AM
    Crazy plunge in CXRX today...may start biting.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 10:52 AM
    Crazy plunge in CXRX today...may start biting.

Posted via CB10
    Are you on the short end of this?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    09-16-16 12:27 PM
    Are you on the short end of this?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    No...that side is too crowded...and I think overstated and overstretched (now especially). I'm looking at the long side.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 02:40 PM
    What do people think about psdv? Seems to be moving wrong direction lately. Hopefully once election done will progress!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-16-16 09:52 PM
517 ... 1718192021