If anyone is looking for another spec play, and possible buyout, have a look at HTBX. The next few trading sessions will be very telling.

Posted via CB10
    I have been watching

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    08-12-16 04:09 PM
    So the SPHS ER came out yesterday. It's nothing new. Everything there is a rehash of what has already been said. I'm still happy owning and will continue to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Hey CJ and other SPHS'ers out there

The last few days we have been in the low $5 channel.

The volume has dropped off substantially, and I heard that institutions can't buy under $5

So, am I safe to assume that most of the shares that traded the last few sessions are now locked in the $5 range, meaning that those that hold won't sell under $5, and that the others that are holding, likely won't surrender their shares at this point, so it almost seems that from trading stand point, the volume will likely tapper down to peanuts until some news hits.

ie, in the short term $5 is the lower limit, but also more or less the high limit

Also, from the ER and other reports, they basically are done with spending on R&D, laid off some of their staff and have no plans for any more trials (unless they get more funding) and hired that dude to investigate strategic alternatives

So, that to me sounds like they are in a holding pattern waiting to be bought out. ????

Now, some say 500m buy out which puts it around $25 a share, which is a huge upside, probably historic premium to where they are at now, so, safe to say, that that figure is either crazy, or the current stock price needs to somehow escalate to $10-$15 on its own...without news???

Also, would an option not be to simply sell their drug, Topsalysin, and keep the company open? If that was the case, I suppose they could get untold amounts for their drug if some company wanted it badly enough. If that was the case, would the stock price move proportionally?

I am just trying to get this straight in my head. ie, I held at $8 and watched it come back to $5, so if it climbs again, I am trying to develop a strategy based on as much info and input as possible

Finally, what do we need to watch out for so we don't get stuck holding the bag if this thing decides to go back to 88 cents????

Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    andyk350 likes this.
    08-12-16 08:47 PM
    Sphs what's going on?

08-15-16 03:55 PM
    Always the same isn't it? Look what happened a few days before the Clinical study release...down to .80 just a few days before it popped over 2.

So, maybe the same thing here for a shakeout, or maybe they expect no news for a while...bring it down under 5 and force funds to sell? Why wouldn't funds keeps this above 5?

Need Morgan to weigh in....

Posted via CB10
    masterful likes this.
    08-15-16 07:25 PM
    Always the same isn't it? Look what happened a few days before the Clinical study release...down to .80 just a few days before it popped over 2.

So, maybe the same thing here for a shakeout, or maybe they expect no news for a while...bring it down under 5 and force funds to sell? Why wouldn't funds keeps this above 5?

Need Morgan to weigh in....

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid Morgan8 is not active on this thread.

08-15-16 09:10 PM
    Tough one to swallow today!
    Still up, and going to hold until news hits.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-15-16 09:24 PM
    Yeah, this is tough. I am in it to win it. I just feel bad cause a buddy of mine finally jumped on board at the $7.5 mark, the day of the $8+ crash

For myself, there has been nothing new for news, so I continue to wait for a buyout or partnership or licensing

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 10:12 PM
    I was in meetings today and missed most of the early action. My eyes almost popped out when I checked to see $4.30's! This buyout/partnership etc or at least some news is going come soon I think and I hope it's worth all this craziness. If anything, what an education with this stock.

But I'll feel like a total fool if this turns out to be a bust, my account was looking nice on that $8+ day...

Hope to congratulate you guys soon.

Posted via CB10
    farmwersteve likes this.
    08-15-16 11:02 PM
    Interesting finish to the day for SPHS. I'm not seeing anything for news though - either way, tomorrow could be a fun day. Good luck all!

Posted via CB10
    masterful likes this.
    08-18-16 05:15 PM
    Interesting finish to the day for SPHS. I'm not seeing anything for news though - either way, tomorrow could be a fun day. Good luck all!

Posted via CB10
    It is up $1 after hours

08-18-16 05:16 PM
    Yeah, it is nice to see it prepare for launch again.

Question now becomes, do we sell a portion in case this thing falls again, or hold for the possible buyout

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 07:17 PM
    SPHS

Ok, so I'm a bit confused,

I saw on Twits, that of the 21million outstanding shares, only 6 are available to the public, the other 15m are held by institutions

I don't really understand, does that mean those institutions could collaborate and throw out the current board of directors ad basically decide to run the company as they wish and possibly sell the drug to one of their partner companies for cheap?

Ie, I am trying to look for pitfalls

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 11:25 AM
    SPHS

Ok, so I'm a bit confused,

I saw on Twits, that of the 21million outstanding shares, only 6 are available to the public, the other 15m are held by institutions

I don't really understand, does that mean those institutions could collaborate and throw out the current board of directors ad basically decide to run the company as they wish and possibly sell the drug to one of their partner companies for cheap?

Ie, I am trying to look for pitfalls

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. It is the board's job to look after shareholders, so if there was evidence that the company was being mismanaged, they would be expected to hold a vote to decide on actions to do with board members.

In this case, they could band together to win a shareholder vote, but I don't see anybody complaining about management at this time.

08-19-16 04:06 PM
    I must admit, I'm looking for places to put my money after I'm finished with SPHS, whatever be the outcome.

I am finally starting to warm up to bios, and there are so many great opportunities! A few I'm considering this week are IMNP, PTX and HTBX, particularly the first two. Is anyone else in here considering or invested in any of these?

08-19-16 04:09 PM
    I must admit, I'm looking for places to put my money after I'm finished with SPHS, whatever be the outcome.

I am finally starting to warm up to bios, and there are so many great opportunities! A few I'm considering this week are IMNP, PTX and HTBX, particularly the first two. Is anyone else in here considering or invested in any of these?

I'm in HTBX, won't bother with PTX, and haven't looked at IMNP. Will have a look over the weekend to see.
    08-19-16 07:26 PM
    I'm in HTBX, won't bother with PTX, and haven't looked at IMNP. Will have a look over the weekend to see.
    What don't you like about PTX? Earnings fell a bit short, but they have such a small market cap for so many drugs.

Interested to hear your opinion.

08-19-16 09:17 PM
    What don't you like about PTX? Earnings fell a bit short, but they have such a small market cap for so many drugs.

Interested to hear your opinion.

Haven't dug deep enough yet, but I question the validity. Will make it a point to look closer this weekend and get back to you.
    08-19-16 09:23 PM
    Hey CjC

What your plan with HTBX?

Think it's too late to get into it I terms of short term gains?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 05:25 AM
    SPHS competitor (kinda - late stage PC), Medivation's Xtandi, bought for $14bil. What does this do for SPHS with Topsaylin? Should be an exciting day / week tomorrow..

Last edited by bspence87; 08-21-16 at 08:02 PM.
    08-21-16 06:35 PM
    SPHS competitor (kinda - late stage PC), Medication's Xandi, bought for $14bil. What does this do for SPHS with Topsaylin? Should be an exciting day / week tomorrow..

Yeah, I am excited/stressed for SPHS.

I guess I shouldn't put the cart before the horse and worry about other stocks while I am so involved in SPHS and BlackBerry at the moment

My question still remains, how would anyone pay more than 1-2x current stock price for buying the company?

It seems they would get more money if SPHS only sold the drug, not the company. ..but then I am not sure what the stock price would do.

I would love to see a huge buyout, but just not sure of the logistics and what an appropriate price would be

These huge previous buyouts, 10billion buyouts etc, where they public at the time or private?

I can see a private company getting bought for untold riches, Whatsapp, etc, but a public company, what's the biggest premium ever paid 2.5x?

Thanks everyone, and good luck to all

Here is to hoping the one day we see a 4pm announcement!

I doubt 9am, since it's 6am at their HQ and why wake early!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 07:11 PM
    Wtf SPHS just took a huuuge dump

I think there is a press release that is not good

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 03:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Proposed stock offering and warrants. No date, nor numbers. I find that kinda odd.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 03:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    A public offering!!!

Very strange though... no details about it at all on the press release.
    "There can be no assurance as to whether or when offering may be completed..."

I'm hoping this is the beginning of the buyout, but I'm still trying to figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 03:31 PM
    Yeah, so this could be really good, or really bad. Frigg.
    Well, I am still holding the bag, just feel awful for my buddy who got in mid 7's, day of the first crash

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 03:40 PM
    Over 1m shares volume after hours... low of $3.80. Not looking good so far.

I am still confused about the missing details. It is a prospectus from 2014. They have the SEC doc up on their website now and all the details of the offering are left blank. It might be a full disclosure before a partnership or buyout or something. I'm still reading through it to shed some light.

Strange because the CEO said they didn't want to dilute and had enough money for a year.

Rough for your buddy if it goes bad (for all of us actually) good for him if it's the start of a buyout or partnership.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 03:50 PM
517 ... 1516171819 ...