Big move in ALIM today. Far as I can tell it's just cause the CEO was on FOX news. Sold 3/4 of my position.
    04-21-16 12:37 PM
    After the amount of losses suffered by hedge funds during the first quarter of 2016 and the 4th quarter of 2015, i believe they know just as much as someone doing Internet research lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:56 PM
    Concordia with a 25 percent spike on Blackstone takeover news. Got in at $30 while back, have to thank someone from the other group for bringing it up.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 05:43 PM
    any idea whats going on with Facebook stock? dropped $4 on no news it seems
    04-22-16 10:06 AM
    Hi Gang,

Poet Technologies is on a bit of a run today.

It looks like the 50DMA crossing the 200DMA had cause the rally, because I can't find any recent news from the company. Anybody read anything?

BBRY stock holders and other Stocks diversification-poet-6mon-20160422.png
    04-22-16 11:35 AM
    any idea whats going on with Facebook stock? dropped $4 on no news it seems
    NASDAQ plunged taking FB with it

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 12:00 PM
    Hey all...aside from bbry, would love to talk about any shares in the following list:

Long:

HNU.TO
    ECA
    CCJ
    TAC
    AMD
    AC.TO
    BBDB.TO
    VRX
    SPHS

Short:
    NFLX
    TOL

Watch:
    SWN
    Various lithium plays

This was a good week for me. Have been trying to buy the stocks on my watch list for the past month or so, but they've all pretty much broken out of my grip without any pullbacks to speak of.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 04-22-16 at 05:29 PM.
    04-22-16 05:04 PM
    Well maybe some people invest like that but I personally do a lot of research. Not that I won't take a chance though. As far as conspiracy theories regarding hedge funds well....that sounds like paranoia to me.
    The truth is way worse than all the conspiracy theories combined, however, it seems like the FDA has managed to clean up its approval process for the most part. I've only come back into drug and biotech stocks in the last month or two, after a 7 or 8 year personal boycott.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 05:13 PM
    I'm holding mining cies these days and it's great!

Companies like NMX, LAC, and LIX all Canadian cies mining Lithium. On the CVE.

This week the price of Lithium doubled! It's the new gold! 😁
    I like your enthusiasm, but Li is nothing like gold...and beware of the issuances that are likely about to happen. Ultimately the Li price is being driven by the Chinese market, and I never trust Chinese price discovery mechanisms. Still, I want to get into a couple of cdn Li plays when the time is right. The share prices have either got to consolidate, or its going to be an ECG chart. Personally I'd take a bit of profit here, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-22-16 05:26 PM
    I like your enthusiasm, but Li is nothing like gold...and beware of the issuances that are likely about to happen. Ultimately the Li price is being driven by the Chinese market, and I never trust Chinese price discovery mechanisms. Still, I want to get into a couple of cdn Li plays when the time is right. The share prices have either got to consolidate, or its going to be an ECG chart. Personally I'd take a bit of profit here, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I've noticed the indecision in the trend in the second half of the week. I'll see what I'll do next week.
    04-22-16 07:13 PM
    Hey all...aside from bbry, would love to talk about any shares in the following list:

Long:

HNU.TO
    ECA
    CCJ
    TAC
    AMD
    AC.TO
    BBDB.TO
    VRX
    SPHS

Short:
    NFLX
    TOL

Watch:
    SWN
    Various lithium plays

This was a good week for me. Have been trying to buy the stocks on my watch list for the past month or so, but they've all pretty much broken out of my grip without any pullbacks to speak of.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like VRX is back in the game!
    04-22-16 07:21 PM
    Looks like VRX is back in the game!
    Yeah but nothing even close to AMD being back in the game...

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-22-16 10:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you think this could really go to 30-36 $?
    04-23-16 06:17 AM
    Do you think this could really go to 30-36 $?
    I'll be out if it gets anywhere close to $10

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-23-16 06:44 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Long:

HNU.TO
    ECA
    CCJ
    TAC
    AMD
    AC.TO
    BBDB.TO
    VRX
    SPHS

Short:
    NFLX
    TOL

Watch:
    SWN
    Various lithium plays

Posted via CB10
    SPHS... bought at various price points... In red overall atm.
    Would you average down / buy more at this price point, or just hold pending news? Thanks!
    Appreciate your very astute analysis of BlackBerry and other stocks...

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 06:48 AM
    I have averaged down on my SPHS TFSA and RRSP accounts recently.

Posted by my Passport SE
    04-23-16 11:33 AM
    Wich should I buy more this week, SPHS or BBRY?
    04-23-16 12:49 PM

Long:

HNU.TO
    ECA
    CCJ
    TAC
    AMD
    AC.TO
    BBDB.TO
    VRX
    SPHS

Short:
    NFLX
    TOL

Watch:
    SWN
    Various lithium plays

Posted via CB10
    AMD...now that's a stock that has to be manipulated. I've made money on it but it never reaches its potential for some strange reason. Hmmmm.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 02:49 PM
    Have to say the current young trend is to follow the European Waste to Energy Bio field. The US is just starting this and companies like Blue Sphere (BLSP) are leading the way and providing investors an easy opportunity. The next is the water purification from accidents and fracking...Origin Clear (OOIL) has found a solution that will bring the the world to its resources. Hard to believe these two stocks are affordable under 10 cents, but they won't stay that affordable much longer. Better get on board before these are 13 dollar stocks.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I used to have AMD years ago made good profit and was looking to get it again at 1.80 but it ran up. I had trigger on after hours price of 3.12 after ER and didn't pull it. Sigh

My Longs

ECA
    AC.to
    Fitbit
    BBRY
    SPN.v
    CIG
    Aveo
    Nike
    FCX
    CXR

Looking to add gold and coffee stocks soon, end of 2016 and 2017 should be a good year for coffee thanks to La Nina

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jahcure; 04-23-16 at 11:02 PM.
    04-23-16 10:52 PM
    SWIR is reporting results in the near future - anyone have thoughts on them?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 01:38 PM
    SPHS... bought at various price points... In red overall atm.
    Would you average down / buy more at this price point, or just hold pending news? Thanks!
    Appreciate your very astute analysis of BlackBerry and other stocks...

Posted via CB10
    Depends on your risk tolerance...I don't usually average down more than once or twice on high-risk plays, no matter what the price.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 02:17 PM
    Has anyone heard anything about POET Tech?

They were up again this morning and it looks like the last completed trade was around 11am and now (~3pm) there are 500 to 1000 bid/ask trades in queue.

Something is going on.

BB10 4 ME
    04-25-16 02:02 PM
    Has anyone heard anything about POET Tech?

They were up again this morning and it looks like the last completed trade was around 11am and now (~3pm) there are 500 to 1000 bid/ask trades in queue.

Something is going on.

BB10 4 ME
    Halted pending news. Been that way since 11. I'm getting bored waiting but at this point, I don't expect trading to resume today.

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    04-25-16 02:12 PM
    Thanks CJ,

that is what I figured, but I can't find any news releases. Hope its good news!
    04-25-16 04:31 PM
517 ... 678910 ...