.27 would be nice, a three bagger!

Gl to you too and thanks for the post!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-12-16 02:51 PM
    Looks promising for ASTI...

Many investors were discouraged after shares of Ascent Solar Technologies Inc (OTCMKTS:ASTI) got delisted from NASDAQ. However, that wasn't the case with us at Insider Financial.
    >>>Related articles:

http://www.insiderfinancial.com/asce...esults/114777/
    03-13-16 04:28 PM
    Anyone holding NMX CVE?

It's a mining company that will extract Lithium

January 27, 2016 - In a special InvestorIntel interview, Publisher Tracy Weslosky speaks with Guy Bourassa, President, CEO and Director for Nemaska Lithium Inc. (TSXV:NMX | OTCQX:NMKEF) about the 166% increase in stock in 2015 and the Johnson*...
    >>>Related articles:
    http://investorintel.com/technology-...hnson-matthey/

I've been in and out of this one but lately back in at 0.54.

By the way it's an old article but worth listening to the video!
    Last edited by 3MIKE; 03-13-16 at 06:05 PM.
    03-13-16 05:04 PM
    ASTI getting pushed down before er Wednesday
    03-15-16 09:27 AM
    One of my oil holdings (BNK.to) agreed to sell the company for $2.20 CDN ,

"TORONTO, March 20 (Reuters) - Canada's Bankers Petroleum Ltd , one of Albania's largest foreign investors, said on Sunday it has agreed to be acquired by affiliates of China's Geo-Jade Petroleum Corp for C$575 million ($442.34 million).
    Bankers Petroleum said it will be bought by firms owned by the Chinese oil and gas exploration and production company for C$2.20 ($1.69) per share.

Shares of Bankers Petroleum closed at C$1.11 in Toronto on Friday.

The Canadian company said its corporate and technical headquarters will remain in Calgary. The deal is subject to shareholder approval at a meeting before the end of May. Bankers Petroleum said the company will be delisted after the sale."

I got in at 0.71, then another batch just before the sale at $1.10. What's interesting is that the share price is still trading at a discount when you take into account the buyout price of $2.20, currently trading at $1.83. Yesterday's low was $1.64 and i bought more at $1.69. Lot of analysts updated their target to $2.20 tender lol. So if anyone is looking for 15-20 percent gain here it is.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-22-16 12:00 PM
    One of my oil holdings (BNK.to) agreed to sell the company for $2.20 CDN ,

"TORONTO, March 20 (Reuters) - Canada's Bankers Petroleum Ltd , one of Albania's largest foreign investors, said on Sunday it has agreed to be acquired by affiliates of China's Geo-Jade Petroleum Corp for C$575 million ($442.34 million).
    Bankers Petroleum said it will be bought by firms owned by the Chinese oil and gas exploration and production company for C$2.20 ($1.69) per share.

Shares of Bankers Petroleum closed at C$1.11 in Toronto on Friday.

The Canadian company said its corporate and technical headquarters will remain in Calgary. The deal is subject to shareholder approval at a meeting before the end of May. Bankers Petroleum said the company will be delisted after the sale."

I got in at 0.71, then another batch just before the sale at $1.10. What's interesting is that the share price is still trading at a discount when you take into account the buyout price of $2.20, currently trading at $1.83. Yesterday's low was $1.64 and i bought more at $1.69. Lot of analysts updated their target to $2.20 tender lol. So if anyone is looking for 15-20 percent gain here it is.

Posted via CB10
    What's the catch?
    Why the heck is it still trading below the 2.20? Is it a time frame thing or still needs full approval?

Seems like a good gamble

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:16 PM
    I suspect a lot of profit taking since a lot shares were bought up between January and February, Timeline could also be scaring some even though the board already approved the sale and a 20 million fee in place if anyone backs out. The deal also allows the buyer to match any new proposals. Shell recently bought a company close to where bnk operates and rumors before this deal pegged them as buyer.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/banker...073200611.html

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-22-16 01:58 PM
    I suspect a lot of profit taking since a lot shares were bought up between January and February, Timeline could also be scaring some even though the board already approved the sale and a 20 million fee in place if anyone backs out. The deal also allows the buyer to match any new proposals. Shell recently bought a company close to where bnk operates and rumors before this deal pegged them as buyer.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/banker...073200611.html

Posted via CB10
    Cool, thanks for the follow up.
    Interesting one to watch.

What's your strategy?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:01 PM
    I'm holding for the $2.20 price, my original plan was to sell close to $3.00 because i was banking on oil rising thanks to the summer season. But now I will have to settle for $2.20.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:11 PM
    Cool, thanks for the tips!

Posted via CB10
    Jahcure likes this.
    03-22-16 04:01 PM
    Anybody following NMX CVE?
    04-06-16 09:07 AM
    NMX CVE touched 1. . . 🎉🎉🎉😂
    04-08-16 10:48 AM
    OT for those following general progress of TESLA Batteries:

Enel Tests Tesla?s Solar Plus Energy Storage System in South Africa - Renewable Energy World
    "... rolling out a version of Tesla Motors Inc.�s home-power kit to help South African retail customers buffer against rising electricity prices and grid outages. The kit, which began selling this month for around $10,000, includes a power inverter, lithium battery and optional photovoltaic modules � all controlled by software accessible through a tablet, smartphone or computer. South Africa is being used as a testing ground for the kit, which is expected to last for two decades and pay for itself after about eight years..."
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-15-16 06:52 AM
    Thanks Rarsen

Those batteries would be great here in Ontario, where they have different price tiers depending on time of use. It would be great to be able to charge them up all night and then use them all day.

It would also be great for providing reliable smooth clean power to all our electronics, no voltage drops or spikes would be worth it alone

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    04-15-16 06:55 AM
    I'm holding mining cies these days and it's great!

Companies like NMX, LAC, and LIX all Canadian cies mining Lithium. On the CVE.

This week the price of Lithium doubled! It's the new gold! 😁
    04-15-16 01:44 PM
    LAC is on the TSE
    04-15-16 02:14 PM
    Anyone have insight on SPHS ? I read another msg board and all they are doing is bashing the stock. I know they are expecting trails out this July I got caught at 2.25/share now its 1.40ish.. Thanks.
    04-19-16 02:53 PM
    Anyone have insight on SPHS ? I read another msg board and all they are doing is bashing the stock. I know they are expecting trails out this July I got caught at 2.25/share now its 1.40ish.. Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat, hoping it stays afloat. Another member on Crackberry says it's a September play. So that is my hope. I wish I could average down, but I am too afraid to.

So, wait and see and hope the usa dollar stays stronger than Canadian since I bought when it canada was weaker, so I'm losing on that side of things too

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 05:00 PM
    Yeah I was fortunate that I bought when the Cnd dollar was strong. I find it hard to believe that if they faked results that of the 8-10 ppl in the early study and all the doctors would be in on it. And the 2nd trials from what they released back in Dec was that its being carried out in a well known British Hospital/research facility. Just too many eggs in the basket to try and falsify results.. But yes, I'm holding long term as well.
    04-19-16 09:31 PM
    Yeah I was fortunate that I bought when the Cnd dollar was strong. I find it hard to believe that if they faked results that of the 8-10 ppl in the early study and all the doctors would be in on it. And the 2nd trials from what they released back in Dec was that its being carried out in a well known British Hospital/research facility. Just too many eggs in the basket to try and falsify results.. But yes, I'm holding long term as well.
    I don't think this has anything to do with the data. The market just wants to know how they are going to fund the next Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies. Once that becomes clear this stock will fly. It also doesn't help that they got that delisting notice. They've said they will put forward a plan by May 20th. Hopefully we get positive news then. Patience is the key here. Good Luck!
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-19-16 11:48 PM
    My SPHS avg is 1.75 and im thinking of going in more, but it's already a good piece of my portfolio. I'd like to move bbry money to sphs until the full trial results and/or funding/partnership announced. Big risk but bigger reward?

But I'd also like more HALO which is a quarter of my SPSH holdings. ACAD flew too quickly so not looking there.

Posted via CB10
    doctor gonzo and 3MIKE like this.
    04-20-16 08:04 AM
    My SPHS avg is 1.75 and im thinking of going in more, but it's already a good piece of my portfolio. I'd like to move bbry money to sphs until the full trial results and/or funding/partnership announced. Big risk but bigger reward?

But I'd also like more HALO which is a quarter of my SPSH holdings. ACAD flew too quickly so not looking there.

Posted via CB10
    Haha! We think alike Spiller! I've got a big chunk of SPHS right now too. Also have PSDV, SKLN, ALIM , THLD and of course BBRY. Looks like BBRY is going to trade sideways for a while so I've been thinking the same thing.
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-20-16 09:52 AM
    The thing that bothers me about investing in biotech stocks is that so many other investors may have a lot more information on these companies: people who have expertise in the diseases and treatments; people who are peripherally involved in the studies; people who know people who are in these studies; hedge funds that may be paying for inside information, etc.

It would be like someone in a rural developing nation investing in BBRY by reading CrackBerry forum threads. Imagine someone like that trying to guess how well the Passport or the Priv will do. That's the way I feel when I'm looking at biotech stocks.

I mean, if you don't have some knowledge advantage regarding these companies and their products compared to the average investor then aren't you just gambling?
    04-20-16 12:02 PM
    The thing that bothers me about investing in biotech stocks is that so many other investors may have a lot more information on these companies: people who have expertise in the diseases and treatments; people who are peripherally involved in the studies; people who know people who are in these studies; hedge funds that may be paying for inside information, etc.

It would be like someone in a rural developing nation investing in BBRY by reading CrackBerry forum threads. Imagine someone like that trying to guess how well the Passport or the Priv will do. That's the way I feel when I'm looking at biotech stocks.

I mean, if you don't have some knowledge advantage regarding these companies and their products compared to the average investor then aren't you just gambling?
    Well maybe some people invest like that but I personally do a lot of research. Not that I won't take a chance though. As far as conspiracy theories regarding hedge funds well....that sounds like paranoia to me.
    04-20-16 01:54 PM
    This is looks good!
    Attached Thumbnails BBRY stock holders and other Stocks diversification-11449.jpg  
    04-20-16 02:39 PM
517 ... 56789 ...