here's why.. especially IF the management is confident of a long term future with bb10

1. stock price is volatile and the company is vulnerable to hostile takeovers

2. the company is under heavy public scrutiny and there is constant pressure to make decisions not beneficial to the company in order to report better figures (like taking a huge reputational hit by not investing to make bb10 on pb work as promised)

3. management can focus on turning the company around instead of worrying about quarterly reports

added bonus: conspiracy theorists and those complaining about shorts can shut up (it is a capitalist economy. you can choose what phone to buy, they can decide who to short)
    06-29-13 03:46 PM
    I think you mean go private.
    Delisting is a very bad thing.. Going private is what you are going for.
    06-29-13 03:56 PM
    I think you mean go private.
    Delisting is a very bad thing.. Going private is what you are going for.
    ^what you said...delisting is usually when a stock is under $1 and trading at the pink sheet/OTC/penny stock desk...very bad juju

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:16 AM
    going privare can be a very long drawn out process that can distract management from their job of improving company performance. Just look at Dell...Michael Dell is fighting tooth and nail against activist shareholders and private equity groups to take Dell private, and the whole time, the company is piling up losses and loses market share in the enterprise sector to HP.

Besides, going private isn't going to change Blackberry's trajectory. They continue to spin out me-too products one after the other, none of which have any 'wow' factor whatsoever that can stop the bleeding of customers to iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Not to mention how they magically keep piling up cash reserves while doing possibly the worst job of marketing their products of any company in the tech sector.
    06-30-13 02:34 PM
    here's why.. especially IF the management is confident of a long term future with bb10

1. stock price is volatile and the company is vulnerable to hostile takeovers

2. the company is under heavy public scrutiny and there is constant pressure to make decisions not beneficial to the company in order to report better figures (like taking a huge reputational hit by not investing to make bb10 on pb work as promised)

3. management can focus on turning the company around instead of worrying about quarterly reports

added bonus: conspiracy theorists and those complaining about shorts can shut up (it is a capitalist economy. you can choose what phone to buy, they can decide who to short)
    I think it's too late for that. As for the shorts, I think they just got their reward Friday. BlackBerry is going to have to make the case in the next 2 - 3 quarters and spending money on buying back the stock won't help, imo. I say that as someone who hopes they can succeed as I'm quite happy overall with the new platform.
    06-30-13 02:50 PM
    And how is that going to help them sell more and get the main stream apps people want?
    06-30-13 03:27 PM
    If they go private I will dump blackberry products like a hot potato

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 07:53 PM
    I am sure they will take that into account.
    06-30-13 07:57 PM
    If they go private I will dump blackberry products like a hot potato

Posted via CB10
    You don't even know what you're saying... Why going private would make you drop bb? Do you even know what going private means? LOL
    07-01-13 09:26 AM