With Mike Lizardis net worth in the stock and Prem Watsa's biggest ever stock purchase, I for one can never understand BBRY shorts...
    And that too shorting the stock at multi decade low with 30% of float...to me it's standing in front of bullet train and seeing which quater gets you.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 08:12 PM
    Again if your an American and you play the markets. All you see is iPhone and Androids and to you Blackberry is dead. You know some people still have it, but I think Blackberry will take time in the USA.

So in your mind you see no progress in the USA YET the stock is on the NASDAQ. It really only makes sense to bet against it from that view.
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:40 PM
    With Mike Lizardis net worth in the stock and Prem Watsa's biggest ever stock purchase, I for one can never understand BBRY shorts...
    And that too shorting the stock at multi decade low with 30% of float...to me it's standing in front of bullet train and seeing which quater gets you.

Posted via CB10
    I like your statement "..seeing which quarter gets you".

The stock is holding steady in the mid-teens and each month there's an additional 10 million shorts. That is built in value and it will end up creating a stronger squeeze. Can you just feel the slingshot coming?

The shorts have no solid arguments at all.
    A drop in BIS revenue is negligible. It was shared with the carriers and it was less than $2 per user per month. BBRY is making huge margin on Z10 and Q10 and apps and music and IOS, Android and BB devices on BES10. The $2 is being replaced by $10 per user in other ways.

A drop in subscriber count also doesn't affect EPS much.

There is no app "situation". There aren't 4000 mortgage calculators, maybe just 400 to choose from. Most people will be content with whats available (Skype, Facebook, SoundHound, AngryBirds, NY Times, NHL Gamecenter, BB Travel, Ebay, FourSquare, 360 Panorama, MLB At bat, Weather Network, Songza, Slacker Radio, Texas Holdem, Kindle, Cineplex, WSJ, + 130,000 more).. What a situation!

Android apps are just as ****ty on Android

Now looking ahead, BBry is creating new revenue streams. Moving BBM to Android and iOS has huge potential. Can you send someone $5 through Whatsapp or GTalk? How about screen sharing? Whatsapp has 250 million members and they will start switching to the better messenger. BBM channels is better than Twitter in so many way. How valuable will Blackberry analytics be when BBM has more users than Whatsapp?

Further, all negative indicators are reversing. Average selling price for hardware is soaring. StatCounter is showing that worldwide market share drop is reversing. It went from 2.6% pre-BB10 to almost 4% in a few short months. This can easily go to 10% by the end of the year. And seriously, Blackberry having 10% market share with premium phones ($500+) in today's mobile market is better than the 50% market share it had in 2006. At that time they had $4 EPS.
    06-22-13 07:10 AM
    I like your statement "..seeing which quarter gets you".

The stock is holding steady in the mid-teens and each month there's an additional 10 million shorts. That is built in value and it will end up creating a stronger squeeze. Can you just feel the slingshot coming?

The shorts have no solid arguments at all.
    A drop in BIS revenue is negligible. It was shared with the carriers and it was less than $2 per user per month. BBRY is making huge margin on Z10 and Q10 and apps and music and IOS, Android and BB devices on BES10. The $2 is being replaced by $10 per user in other ways.

A drop in subscriber count also doesn't affect EPS much.

There is no app "situation". There aren't 4000 mortgage calculators, maybe just 400 to choose from. Most people will be content with whats available (Skype, Facebook, SoundHound, AngryBirds, NY Times, NHL Gamecenter, BB Travel, Ebay, FourSquare, 360 Panorama, MLB At bat, Weather Network, Songza, Slacker Radio, Texas Holdem, Kindle, Cineplex, WSJ, + 130,000 more).. What a situation!

Android apps are just as ****ty on Android

Now looking ahead, BBry is creating new revenue streams. Moving BBM to Android and iOS has huge potential. Can you send someone $5 through Whatsapp or GTalk? How about screen sharing? Whatsapp has 250 million members and they will start switching to the better messenger. BBM channels is better than Twitter in so many way. How valuable will Blackberry analytics be when BBM has more users than Whatsapp?

Further, all negative indicators are reversing. Average selling price for hardware is soaring. StatCounter is showing that worldwide market share drop is reversing. It went from 2.6% pre-BB10 to almost 4% in a few short months. This can easily go to 10% by the end of the year. And seriously, Blackberry having 10% market share with premium phones ($500+) in today's mobile market is better than the 50% market share it had in 2006. At that time they had $4 EPS.
    Makes sense...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 01:39 PM
    Lol, what is news? People routinely, constantly bet against the real Steve Jobs and Warren Buffet all the times, let alone the Canada version.
    06-24-13 02:49 PM
    Lol, what is news? People routinely, constantly bet against the real Steve Jobs and Warren Buffet all the times, let alone the Canada version.
    Basically you are saying there is no shortage of idiots.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    When it comes to the stock market, you are correct and there is no shortage of idiots!
    theRock1975 likes this.
    06-25-13 06:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can't stop reading these old (pre-6/28) posts.

Really shows whose judgement is clouded.
    mikeo007, notfanboy, aniym and 1 others like this.
    06-30-13 12:44 AM

So much vitriol spewed and now egg on their faces.
    mikeo007, notfanboy, aniym and 1 others like this.
    06-30-13 01:19 AM

Lol at ppl who are short and don't say anything before an earnings report then talk the biggest smack afterwards as if they knew. I call BS you were probably ****ting your pants the night before. And then so surprised you actually took time away from enjoying your so called "millions" you won from shorting the stock to track down multiple threads and say "told you so". I don't actively participate in these stock threads, and hey maybe that's because I'm actually doing work and researching stocks instead of talking **** on a Blackberry fan site. I'm sure the money you won can buy you a microphone, spread your ****ty attitude and personality to the rest of the world. Too bad being good at buying stocks obviously can't help one get some class. Maybe BlackBerry touched you inappropriately or maybe your just a ****ty as human being. I for one have never taken joy in someone losing a lot of money. Get a life, cuz right now it seems I've the only.thing that may enjoy your company is the money you just won.

I hardly ever go off on someone but you're just too much, retrieving threads from before June 29 just to be a rightous *****. You know you're talking about a company that employs thousands of people in my community, and would kill the local economy if it went under. People who have to feed their children, people who enjoy hockey and enjoy life. To wish that a company goes down just so YOU can make a quick profit is the definition of scumbag. I've never shorted a stock on principal. If I don't believe in a stock I sell. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy be put out of a job in this economy.

But you sit behind your computer and laugh about it.

Posted via CB10
    FocusedBerry likes this.
    07-01-13 11:44 AM
    Lol at ppl who are short and don't say anything before an earnings report then talk the biggest smack afterwards as if they knew. I call BS you were probably ****ting your pants the night before. And then so surprised you actually took time away from enjoying your so called "millions" you won from shorting the stock to track down multiple threads and say "told you so". I don't actively participate in these stock threads, and hey maybe that's because I'm actually doing work and researching stocks instead of talking **** on a Blackberry fan site. I'm sure the money you won can buy you a microphone, spread your ****ty attitude and personality to the rest of the world. Too bad being good at buying stocks obviously can't help one get some class. Maybe BlackBerry touched you inappropriately or maybe your just a ****ty as human being. I for one have never taken joy in someone losing a lot of money. Get a life, cuz right now it seems I've the only.thing that may enjoy your company is the money you just won.

I hardly ever go off on someone but you're just too much, retrieving threads from before June 29 just to be a rightous *****. You know you're talking about a company that employs thousands of people in my community, and would kill the local economy if it went under. People who have to feed their children, people who enjoy hockey and enjoy life. To wish that a company goes down just so YOU can make a quick profit is the definition of scumbag. I've never shorted a stock on principal. If I don't believe in a stock I sell. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy be put out of a job in this economy.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think he ever mentioned that he was a short. And yeah his schadenfreude over the disastrous ER might be a bit tasteless, but it does reflect how a lot of the longs on CB were investing with their gut and not their brains.

Plus, for all the smack talk regarding the big short conspiracy, look at the forum today. Thread after thread saying 'Huawei might buy BB', 'Now is a good time to buy' and what not. Even when BB themselves said that they're likely to make a loss next quarter. Hidden agenda much?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    richardat, bekkay and mikeo007 like this.
    07-01-13 12:12 PM
    I don't think he ever mentioned that he was a short. And yeah his schadenfreude over the disastrous ER might be a bit tasteless, but it does reflect how a lot of the longs on CB were investing with their gut and not their brains.

Plus, for all the smack talk regarding the big short conspiracy, look at the forum today. Thread after thread saying 'Huawei might buy BB', 'Now is a good time to buy' and what not. Even when BB themselves said that they're likely to make a loss next quarter. Hidden agenda much?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Fair enough, it costs money to market so I understand why they would make a loss next quarter. I don't think any company intentionally provides a loss to make themselves more desirable for a takeover. It's actually a much better bet if the company shows solid room for growth and good numbers. Many companies don't want to buy something that will lose them money. I think solid.numbers would've led to licensing talks. Right now I think they're stuck unless they can improve the numbers

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 12:32 PM
    Shorts were right this quarter...but anyone who understands turn around knows it takes a long time to get back on track.
    If you are truly long then you don't care about 1-2 quarters...It won't pay you long to bet against Prem Watsa and when the tide turns watch out for cover.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and theRock1975 like this.
    07-01-13 01:18 PM
    Shorts were right this quarter...but anyone who understands turn around knows it takes a long time to get back on track.
    If you are truly long then you don't care about 1-2 quarters...It won't pay you long to bet against Prem Watsa and when the tide turns watch out for cover.

Posted via CB10
    Prem Watsa has lost hundreds of millions of dollars on BlackBerry stock. He lost over $200mm of his investors money on Friday alone.

He says he is a long term investor. Sooner or later he will speak up.

As for now, you were so wrong - in one short week - that it isn't even worth wasting time on. And your advice should be taken as such.

P.S. I have never shorted a stock and never will.
    richardat and bekkay like this.
    07-01-13 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    All that BB has is 3 qtrs at best.
    07-01-13 01:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm so tired of hearing about Prem Watsa on this board. Sure, the guy has made lots of money over the years. But he might just be throwing money away. What is is his average now?

Additionally, in the last 3 years of Fairfax Financial Holdings their earnings (losses), 1.8%, -3.1%, and 3.7%. Not exactly numbers top write home about.
    07-01-13 01:36 PM
    Prem Watsa has lost hundreds of millions of dollars on BlackBerry stock. He lost over $200mm of his investors money on Friday alone.

He says he is a long term investor. Sooner or later he will speak up.

As for now, you were so wrong - in one short week - that it isn't even worth wasting time on. And your advice should be taken as such.

P.S. I have never shorted a stock and never will.
    I never said that my comment was for this week or this quater...i said shorts are waiting for one of the quaters to hit them..
    It will...Shorts were right this quater but they won't be right all the quaters...
    For the longs who expected this to be the quater for company to turn around were equally dillusional...pumped by analyst estimates...
    Check HP, Best Buy, Overstock, BAC all of them went through this...best performers now.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:49 PM
    I never said that my comment was for this week or this quater...i said shorts are waiting for one of the quaters to hit them..
    It will...Shorts were right this quater but they won't be right all the quaters...
    For the longs who expected this to be the quater for company to turn around were equally dillusional...pumped by analyst estimates...
    Check HP, Best Buy, Overstock, BAC all of them went through this...best performers now.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, you are the gift that keeps giving.

HP 10 year high $53.79 today's price $24.93
    Best Buy 10 year high $59.50 today's price $29.74
    Overstock 10 year high $72.15 today's price $29.96
    BAC 10 year high $55.08 today's price $12.93

Notice what they all have in common????
    07-01-13 08:16 PM
    Dude, you are the gift that keeps giving.

HP 10 year high $53.79 today's price $24.93
    Best Buy 10 year high $59.50 today's price $29.74
    Overstock 10 year high $72.15 today's price $29.96
    BAC 10 year high $55.08 today's price $12.93

Notice what they all have in common????
    Why the hell would you compare thier all times high against all time lows...haha..this is the funniest comparison I have seen...
    Are you buying BBRY at all time high?
    You are buying at all time low...so compare those against all time lows and where they are today...

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    07-01-13 09:05 PM
    So much vitriol spewed and now egg on their faces.
    I think that's what's most amazing to me. I remember reading one post where the guy wanted to plan how to rub it in, and gloat to Shorts. He wanted to go downtown, lurk in a coffee-shop and hope to hear people bemoaning BB's huge gains, at which point he gleefully run over to their table!

What can you even say.....
    bekkay and aniym like this.
    07-01-13 09:10 PM
    Lol at ppl who are short and don't say anything before an earnings report then talk the biggest smack afterwards as if they knew. I call BS you were probably ****ting your pants the night before.
    He didn't say anything at all about this, but obviously it's something very important to you. It is ugly just to make random accusations like that however.

And then so surprised you actually took time away from enjoying your so called "millions" you won from shorting the stock to track down multiple threads and say "told you so".
    He didn't. He looked back at posts wherein people were gloating about their prediction, calling others "idiots" as well as other insults, and said that it is now apparent who's judgment was "clouded". It is telling, just how much you've read into a one line post. You are replying to a completely imaginary post.

I don't actively participate in these stock threads, and hey maybe that's because I'm actually doing work and researching stocks instead of talking **** on a Blackberry fan site.
    OK, well it's now apparent why you are so angry, but again, the OP never said any of the things you are accusing him of.

I'm sure the money you won can buy you a microphone, spread your ****ty attitude and personality to the rest of the world.
    Again, you are the one making false allegations about what the OP said and did (to the point where you are even proclaiming that he made investments which he did not). It doesn't reflect well on your attitude or personality.

Too bad being good at buying stocks obviously can't help one get some class. Maybe BlackBerry touched you inappropriately or maybe your just a ****ty as human being.
    Seriously, we can do without so much profanity, and without references to molestation and pedophilia. Hey, I'm so politically incorrect, that I might even laugh at such a reference if at least done in a light-hearted way - maybe. Like this, it's just ugly.

I for one have never taken joy in someone losing a lot of money. Get a life, cuz right now it seems I've the only.thing that may enjoy your company is the money you just won.
    Again, your accusations were false, and completely baseless. Second, I hope you apply your standards without hypocrisy, in this case, however, it was the people originally in the thread who were taking delight in Shorters losing money....so you should be raging at them....not at a person who simply said their judgment was clouded.

Again, you are making false accusations, and again, I hope you apply your standards without hypocrisy, and give an equally aggressive rant at anyone who wishes ill-will toward Apple or Samsung (who employ many, many, more people). I haven't seen you do that, but I hope you will.

You've been very unfair to Bekkay and you owe him an apology. Not only did you falsely accuse him over and over again, you misrepresented him as taking delight in people losing money and/or people losing jobs. He absolutely did not. He took delight in posters - who themselves were gleefully anticipating people losing money - being wrong. It is also absolutely unfair to say that anyone wishing a company does not do well (and Bekkay did not do that) is happy that people are losing jobs. Again if you apply that standard you had better be ranting at all those hoping for a downturn for MS, Apple, Google. Finally, if one makes open predictions, especially ones with such vitriol (as chr1sny noted) and assertiveness, then other posters absolutely have a right to call them on it.

I realize you're venting....but once you calm down, I hope you don't stand by this post. We all "lose it" at some point in our lives, and say things we aren't proud of. I've seen some of your other posts, I think you're better than this.
    Last edited by richardat; 07-01-13 at 09:58 PM.
    bekkay, aniym and mikeo007 like this.
    07-01-13 09:16 PM
    Why the hell would you compare thier all times high against all time lows...haha..this is the funniest comparison I have seen...
    Are you buying BBRY at all time high?
    You are buying at all time low...so compare those against all time lows and where they are today...

Posted via CB10
    Nope, you failed the test. Try again. It's pretty obvious, but somehow you missed.
    richardat and mikeo007 like this.
    07-01-13 09:56 PM
    He didn't say anything at all about this, but obviously it's something very important to you. It is ugly just to make random accusations like that however.

He didn't. He looked back at posts wherein people were gloating about their prediction, calling others "idiots" as well as other insults, and said that it is now apparent who's judgment was "clouded". It is telling, just how much you've read into a one line post. You are replying to a completely imaginary post.

OK, well it's now apparent why you are so angry, but again, the OP never said any of the things you are accusing him of.

Again, you are the one making false allegations about what the OP said and did (to the point where you are even proclaiming that he made investments which he did not). It doesn't reflect well on your attitude or personality.

Seriously, we can do without so much profanity, and without references to molestation and pedophilia. Hey, I'm so politically incorrect, that I might even laugh at such a reference if at least done in a light-hearted way - maybe. Like this, it's just ugly.

Again, your accusations were false, and completely baseless. Second, I hope you apply your standards without hypocrisy, in this case, however, it was the people originally in the thread who were taking delight in Shorters losing money....so you should be raging at them....not at a person who simply said their judgment was clouded.

Again, you are making false accusations, and again, I hope you apply your standards without hypocrisy, and give an equally aggressive rant at anyone who wishes ill-will toward Apple or Samsung (who employ many, many, more people). I haven't seen you do that, but I hope you will.

You've been very unfair to Bekkay and you owe him an apology. Not only did you falsely accuse him over and over again, you misrepresented him as taking delight in people losing money and/or people losing jobs. He absolutely did not. He took delight in posters - who themselves were gleefully anticipating people losing money - being wrong. It is also absolutely unfair to say that anyone wishing a company does not do well (and Bekkay did not do that) is happy that people are losing jobs. Again if you apply that standard you had better be ranting at all those hoping for a downturn for MS, Apple, Google. Finally, if one makes open predictions, especially ones with such vitriol (as chr1sny noted) and assertiveness, then other posters absolutely have a right to call them on it.

I realize you're venting....but once you calm down, I hope you don't stand by this post. We all "lose it" at some point in our lives, and say things we aren't proud of. I've seen some of your other posts, I think you're better than this.
    Faire enough, maybe he just came off wrong to me and he's just the one who got in the range of my fire, after spending a few hours this morning going through a plethora of threads where it was constantly the same "told you so" attitude, it's enough. Through my work I've seen people take the worst after hitting hard on the stocks, call it bitter, I just don't see why one would feel like resurreccting a thread 5 days after just to rub it in one's face. Maybe i was overly harsh, but I still maintain my general sentiments of disdain for his attitude. We can go on about he said she said, is there reasonable doubt he meant what i thought he meant? Sure I will concede his post was the one that broke the camel's back... still don't see a reason for his post and how it added to the thread...

EDIT: I've spoken out against people who use the same attitude towards Apple, but one must understand that this is a Blackberry centred forum, in which one would be highly unintelligent looking for supportive words towards any other platform...I don't think there needs to be a neutral unbiased view or opinion on a blackberry centred forum, just as it shouldn't be on an Apple or Android forum. I don't think it's appropriate for a Blackberry supporter to join one of those other forums to just rub in quarter results in peoples' faces though.

People who were wrong about the earnings results and were talking smack against shorts before are IMO not much better, the difference lies within the location in which those sentiments were posted. If crackberry subscribers aren't overly optomistic about BlackBerry who will? I just don't understand hy short sellers would make a point to come onto crackberry just to "talk" about the stock...that's just stirring the pot and while many BlackBerry fanatics have clearly been rude and disrespectful, much like I have been in this thread, i don't condone the behaviour either.

I was being disrespectful to Bekkay, i concede this,i still don't think his post had any place in this thread. If he has a problem with me or anything i've said i'm sure we can discuss it and work through it together.

/rant

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Brandon Orr; 07-01-13 at 11:03 PM.
    richardat likes this.
    07-01-13 10:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh snap. So many assumptions in just one post.

Never shorted BBRY stocks.

But yeah, my predictions turned out to be super accurate. Search my posts and you will see that.

In any case, even if I was certain about my predictions, I didn't scream around that "longs" were utterly "stupid" as some notable and overconfident participants of this thread did.

And no, I am not happy with the earnings call results, but kind of amused to see these "genius" analysts backing up on what they were saying just a few days ago. Funny as hell.
    richardat and mikeo007 like this.
    07-01-13 10:37 PM
    Oh snap. So many assumptions in just one post.

Never shorted BBRY stocks.

But yeah, my predictions turned out to be super accurate. Search my posts and you will see that.

In any case, even if I was certain about my predictions, I didn't scream around that "longs" were utterly "stupid" as some notable and overconfident participants of this thread did.

And no, I am not happy with the earnings call results, but kind of amused to see these "genius" analysts backing up on what they were saying just a few days ago. Funny as hell.
    Fair enough.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    07-01-13 10:57 PM