The shorts are pretty smart... They create a rumor about Samsung, get everyone doing some knee jerk buying, and now they will be wanting to just get out of BBRY as quickly as they can. Will be plenty of opportunity for those willing to buy...

Personally I think one day someone will buy BlackBerry... maybe in the next few months for $12 - $14 a share. Maybe next summer for $8 - $10 a share - cause if the Classic doesn't sell Millions, and both over all sales and revenue continue in the current direction they have been. Investors will be getting out of BBRY...
    01-15-15 07:18 AM
    The shorts are pretty smart... They create a rumor about Samsung, get everyone doing some knee jerk buying, and now they will be wanting to just get out of BBRY as quickly as they can. Will be plenty of opportunity for those willing to buy...

Personally I think one day someone will buy BlackBerry... maybe in the next few months for $12 - $14 a share. Maybe next summer for $8 - $10 a share - cause if the Classic doesn't sell Millions, and both over all sales and revenue continue in the current direction they have been. Investors will be getting out of BBRY...
    Next summer $30 to $35 but then hey that's the difference between long and short

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 09:31 AM
    sorry earlytobed but your wrong Samsung wants to buy but BB said no. However if they change their mind that's what they would pay $15 It's the short morons spreading FUD that's saying no one wants to buy Blackberry. Isn't it in their best interest for you not to buy BB shares on the assumption a buyout would occur. That's how short squeezes start. Everyone jumps in on the rumor making the price of shares spike, causing more pain and losses for shorts. That's what sort of happened when the last buyout rumor occurred and that's why short interest is now down drastically. They don't want to get caught again.
    02-16-15 05:35 PM
    Glenn brittle your wrong. It would not be in the shorts interest to make the stock go up. Only someone who wants to make some sleazy quick profits, buy spreading a buyout rumor and when the stock spikes they quickly sell for some easy big bucks.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    02-16-15 05:39 PM
    As of January 30 it is down to 97,681,923

#BBFactCheck
    02-16-15 05:49 PM
    sorry earlytobed but your wrong Samsung wants to buy but BB said no. However if they change their mind that's what they would pay $15 It's the short morons spreading FUD that's saying no one wants to buy Blackberry. Isn't it in their best interest for you not to buy BB shares on the assumption a buyout would occur. That's how short squeezes start. Everyone jumps in on the rumor making the price of shares spike, causing more pain and losses for shorts. That's what sort of happened when the last buyout rumor occurred and that's why short interest is now down drastically. They don't want to get caught again.
    I think you got my name wrong and the intent of what I was saying. I actually agree with what you are saying in this statement here.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:41 PM
    I taught that both Samsung and BlackBerry denied the rumors and that regulators were looking into where these rumors came from.... so did Samsung want to buy BlackBerry, or just use BES to make KNOX work?

As far as we know... no one is interested enough in buying BlackBerry to make a serious offer. Not saying a few companies or groups don't have their eye on BlackBerry and might have even made a few low ball offers. A LOT really depends on the next few months and if sales of Classic Hardware and BES Gold Licenses sudden explode... or not. If Revenues continue to fall and there isn't a IoT product ready.... any eventual sale will be for much less than $15 a share. So don't be surprised if the shorts return.... especially after the Classic goes on sale in the US. Many will be watching for any indication of what might happen with regards to sales of devices.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    02-17-15 09:46 AM
    I taught that both Samsung and BlackBerry denied the rumors and that regulators were looking into where these rumors came from.... so did Samsung want to buy BlackBerry, or just use BES to make KNOX work?

As far as we know... no one is interested enough in buying BlackBerry to make a serious offer. Not saying a few companies or groups don't have their eye on BlackBerry and might have even made a few low ball offers. A LOT really depends on the next few months and if sales of Classic Hardware and BES Gold Licenses sudden explode... or not. If Revenues continue to fall and there isn't a IoT product ready.... any eventual sale will be for much less than $15 a share. So don't be surprised if the shorts return.... especially after the Classic goes on sale in the US. Many will be watching for any indication of what might happen with regards to sales of devices.
    Both BlackBerry a Samsung denied that they were in direct talks, neither company denied that they had representatives discussing a possible purchase. The $15 per share was the low ball offer and it was rejected by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:20 AM
    Both BlackBerry a Samsung denied that they were in direct talks, neither company denied that they had representatives discussing a possible purchase. The $15 per share was the low ball offer and it was rejected by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Ontario Securities Commission are in the early stages of examining trading activity around the time of a report by Reuters in January that Samsung was pursuing a takeover of BlackBerry for as much as $7.5 billion, according to people familiar with the matter. Investigators are looking at whether someone deliberately fed information to reporters at the news service for the purpose of profiting on the resulting stock increase, one of the people said.

Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) (“BlackBerry”) is aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry’s policy is not to comment on rumors or speculation, and accordingly it does not intend to comment further.

Thinking there never was a $15 per share offer as the Reuters report was the basis of all these rumors.... and I think a rejection would be part of having some kind of discussions.

This was a rumor... but you are free to believe what you want.
    02-17-15 11:55 AM
    Not if it was done through the representatives and you are right, I am free to believe what I like, as are you.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:59 AM
    Not if it was done through the representatives and you are right, I am free to believe what I like, as are you.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung didn't say they weren't talking... they said they and no intentions to buy BlackBerry.

Too be honest I imagine that a number of tech companies including Samsung are watching BlackBerry and have put a valuation on where they might be interested in acquiring some of it's remaining assets at the right price.
    02-20-15 08:00 AM
    So BBRY wouldn't sell at a 50% premium? BS!
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    02-20-15 09:08 AM
    So BBRY wouldn't sell at a 50% premium? BS!
    The nine times revenues is what I think is a bigger issue...

It might be something a buyer would do if a company were growing exponentially every year.... but not a company that saw over a 40% decline in revenues two years running.
    02-20-15 09:44 AM
    Do omed I tell ya...everyone buy an iPhone.

Classically Posted.
    02-20-15 06:55 PM
    The nine times revenues is what I think is a bigger issue...

It might be something a buyer would do if a company were growing exponentially every year.... but not a company that saw over a 40% decline in revenues two years running.
    A 50 percent premium is about right and standard fare for takeover bids (although I doubt there ever was a serious bid).

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:00 PM
    Amazing that blackberry price still hold under such circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    The market is efficient. The impact of shorting is overstated on Crackberry to find a scapegoat for Blackberry's mediocre share performance. Even when short interest declined, share prices had always traded in a channel.

I do wonder the reason for the increase in short interest. I think the irrelevance of handset sales to the company has helped stabilize the share price. Shares used to plummet due to reports of abysmal handset performance but it's pretty hard to get worse than <0.5% marketshare not to mention undetectable.

Any future downward share movement from the channel will likely be a result of Wall Street losing patience in Blackberry's software offerings but when/if that happens is a complete crapshoot. Conversely, Chen may announce great results in that department. We really have no idea what is going on.
    02-23-15 11:27 PM
    A 50 percent premium is about right and standard fare for takeover bids (although I doubt there ever was a serious bid).

Posted via CB10
    In a Bloomberg article about Microsoft buying Nokia....

Microsoft agreed to pay about 0.35 times annual revenue, compared with the median of about 1.4 times for 60 wireless equipment-maker deals tracked by Bloomberg. That also compares with the 0.77 times revenue Google paid for Motorola Mobility, the data show.
    I don't think nine times annual revenue is the "standard fare", nor do I think revenue alone is the sole factor when trying to valuate a companies purchase price... Assets, Marketshare, Potential... these all come into play when making a valuation. But I think revenue are very important, and if those revenues are falling.......
    02-24-15 10:46 AM
42 12