Blackberry short interest reaches new peak for 2014 with more than 118 shares shorted as of 31 Dec 2014. Could be an epic short covering in the making when blackberry turnaround or with concrete positive new. Such massive short position will required more than a week to cover and are at a dangerous limit, volume and percentage against total bbry shares available . Amazing that blackberry price still hold under such circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 01-13-15 at 09:37 AM.
    01-13-15 06:43 AM
    Is this a copy and paste from a published article?

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-13-15 09:14 AM
    At least someone is showing some interest.....

Seems like I've heard this warnings before that the shorts were out on a limb and were going to ending up scrambling to buy stock....
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    01-13-15 10:05 AM
    BlackBerry will be back in the good book soon. Wonder who will lose money in the end

#BBFactCheck
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-13-15 10:24 AM
    Seems like I've heard this warnings before that the shorts were out on a limb and were going to ending up scrambling to buy stock....
    Well, there is a thread, which shall remain nameless, which mentions the term "short squeeze" 500 times. I have an MBA and other than this thread, I can't say that I have even heard this term more than dozen times in my life.
    01-13-15 11:12 AM
    Well, there is a thread, which shall remain nameless, which mentions the term "short squeeze" 500 times. I have an MBA and other than this thread, I can't say that I have even heard this term more than dozen times in my life.
    That's because MBA is a management degree.

Posted via CB10
    iamagod, byex, dusdal and 2 others like this.
    01-13-15 03:35 PM
    Ah yes, the fabled "short squeeze".
    01-13-15 05:12 PM
    That's because MBA is a management degree.

Posted via CB10
    It is a management degree but it could be done with a finance or accounting major, among others. You also seem to discredit the fact that anyone who has obtained an MBA has studied finance and investing to some extent.

BB for Life
    01-13-15 06:34 PM
    It is a management degree but it could be done with a finance or accounting major, among others. You also seem to discredit the fact that anyone who has obtained an MBA has studied finance and investing to some extent.

BB for Life
    Well, if that's true, maybe that would have been better (more relevant) to mention than the MBA.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    01-13-15 06:41 PM
    I would say let's all hope for a short squeeze but from the tone of this thread it seems that some pulling the other way.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 01-13-15 at 07:57 PM.
    01-13-15 07:29 PM
    Well, if that's true, maybe that would have been better (more relevant) to mention than the MBA.
    It is better to not criticize people's grasp of a subject if you do not understand what their education entails. Anyone in the finance (Investment) industry would recognize that someone with an MBA has a decent understanding of the financial world.

There are likely numerous different terms to describe the situation which "short squeeze" is referring to. The difference being that "short squeeze" is a simple, self-explanatory term that news outlets can spout off and spread around without having to actually discuss what is happening and what it means to the current or potential investors.

BB for Life
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-13-15 08:56 PM
    Blackberry short interest reaches new peak for 2014 with more than 118 shares shorted as of 31 Dec 2014. Could be an epic short covering in the making when blackberry turnaround or with concrete positive new. Such massive short position will required more than a week to cover and are at a dangerous limit, volume and percentage against total bbry shares available . Amazing that blackberry price still hold under such circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    He is only letting people here know how many shares are being shorted . That shouldn't be a problem for anyone here should it?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:06 PM
    He is only letting people here know how many shares are being shorted . That shouldn't be a problem for anyone here should it?

Posted via CB10
    The numbers aren't the issue... it's the thinking that "an epic short covering in the making".

Yes it could be very good that there are a lot of "shorts" out there and they have to be getting nervous. But as I said, this has happened before, and BBRY never shot up as they tried to cover. If I remember, the stock fell for them....

All I'm saying is you need to look at everything before attaching much weight to the fact there are a lot of short interest in BBRY..... like why is there?
    01-14-15 07:57 AM
    I don't think the shorts have anything to be nervous about. The only thing that will make shares jump in price is if there is a buyout offer and Blackberry management is doing everything they can to discourage the idea.
    01-14-15 09:49 AM
    I don't think the shorts have anything to be nervous about. The only thing that will make shares jump in price is if there is a buyout offer and Blackberry management is doing everything they can to discourage the idea.
    I don't know, they seem to be posting like crazy right now. Don't fall for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:44 AM
    So according to what I read on this forum, when the shorts are scared they start a media campaign to manipulate the stock price down down. When the stock goes up the shorts are definitely scared because they are losing money. I'm wondering why the shorts even bother at all since they are going to be scared when the stock price goes down and scared with the stock price goes up. Yet it seems that short interest in BBRY is increasing.
    notfanboy and sentimentGX4 like this.
    01-14-15 11:05 AM
    So according to what I read on this forum, when the shorts are scared they start a media campaign to manipulate the stock price down down. When the stock goes up the shorts are definitely scared because they are losing money. I'm wondering why the shorts even bother at all since they are going to be scared when the stock price goes down and scared with the stock price goes up. Yet it seems that short interest in BBRY is increasing.
    To answer your question, " why would shorters bother "The shorts have done very well for them selves over the past few years, making Billions convincing people that BlackBerry was imminently going bankrupt. The problem for the shorters is that nobody really believes that any more, and many believe that BlackBerry has hit bottom and are now making a comeback.
    How do you exit when you still own a comment to buy back over a 118 million shares without driving the stock sky high? I think the shorters have a few tricks. They could flood the investment sights with negative posts, use high frequency trading to bring the stock price down and then try to buy their stock back at a lower price. The only problem with doing that is if people don't buy your stories and instead buy more stock, you end up owning a commitment to buy back even more shorted stock. Any way that's just one hypothesis and we know that no one in the investment industry would ever do anything that dishonest would they?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 01-14-15 at 01:32 PM.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-14-15 01:20 PM
    Isn't that the same problem that Prem Watsa has but in reverse? How does he sell his BBRY shares without causing the shares to tank? And he's a single investor so his actions signal strategic intentions more than hundreds or thousands of short sellers.

Perhaps gradually?
    01-14-15 01:47 PM
    Today illustrates why remaining short a firm when you "win" such a bet initially is a bad idea.
    01-14-15 03:30 PM
    And all those shorts still have to buy all those shares back. I guess most of those bashers will mostly be out of sight for the next couple of days as they have to scrounge up some extra money in order to get out.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:42 PM
    Boooooom!

Now we all know what those people on "that thread" were talking about!!!

The "fabled" short squeeze. Gentlemen, start your sweating.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theRock1975; 01-14-15 at 04:46 PM.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-14-15 03:55 PM
    Yayyyyyy

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 04:01 PM
    Double post
    01-14-15 04:44 PM
    Hey...you smell that?

That's the doody in the underpants of those morons responsible for 118 million shorts.

If they shorted at (on average) $9 a share, and Samsung buys at $14 per share, that's $5 a share lost, times 118 million is...half a billion bucks.

****, meet shorts.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:10 PM
    Hey...you smell that?

That's the doody in the underpants of those morons responsible for 118 million shorts.

If they shorted at (on average) $9 a share, and Samsung buys at $14 per share, that's $5 a share lost, times 118 million is...half a billion bucks.

****, meet shorts.
    Well, if Samsung is going to pay $14 per share then there are even bigger morons out there - the ones that are looking at BBRY at $10.75 right now and not buying.
    01-14-15 08:44 PM
42 12