Seems to me that there's been a precipitous drop in the recent trend of over-the-top FUD and bashing of RIM/Blackberry by Wall Street analysts, now that the company finally laid down the law and asked for securities investigations over Detwiler Fenton's fraudulent claim back on April 11 that many markets were seeing "return rates exceeding sell rates" on the Z10.

Coincidence? I rather doubt it.

It seems that the real possibility of liability over fraudulent/blatant market manipulation has finally caused some of those frauds to stifle themselves. That, combined with the imminent Q10 release, OS 10.1 release, Skype release, lukewarm Samsung Galaxy S4 reviews and continued Apple floundering seems to bode well for BBRY in the near-term.

As well, the stock has seen a continuous rise after the initial fall triggered by the Detwiler Fenton so-called "analysis" and then BBRY's press-release calling for that report to be investigated by securities regulators.
    Shanerredflag and raw_dog like this.
    04-24-13 05:44 PM
    If that is infact true, might be a turning point for blackberry and that will bode well for Blackberry and the US market
    04-24-13 05:59 PM
    We've been up so many days in a row, it's only natural we'll get a bit of a hit soon. I'm guessing the bears will stir up something when it turns out people aren't lined up around the planet to get a Q10 on release day.

Still, we're overdue for a few upgrades, possible DoD news, some insight as to pre-order numbers, and I assume a few more orders with businesses. This should tide us over quite well until the next earnings report.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-24-13 06:01 PM
    Yep, noticed it. I think they're also seeing the phone speak for itself, and people are understanding that BlackBerry is truly back. Articles that are still bearish -- especially those that are unreasonably bearish -- are absolutely obliterated in the comments. Basically investors are standing up to the B.S. I even read a positive article on BBRY from Motley Fool today!

I think there are only two negative cataylists that could re-ignite the bears: a BBRY service outage, or poor earnings next quarter. The latter seems like an impossibility with the Q10 release. I hope that phone sells out globally as 77 million subscribers try to upgrade at once (unrealistic, I know. I'd be happy with 10%!).

On a side note, I hope the SEC investigation does happen and frankly I would like to see Detwiler be absolutely destroyed. They should be fined the equivalent of the lost market value of BBRY, and that money should be distributed to existing shareholders. Ha, ha, ha.

Two BlackBerry Reports You May Have Missed - AAPL, BBRY, GOOG - Foolish Blogging Network
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-24-13 06:02 PM
    Very True indeed.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:09 PM
    Right on bud! I noticed this almost immediately. It was long overdue and well revived.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:41 PM
    most hedge funds and day traders are stacking bbry to speculate Q10 release, I suggest any investor bought it under 14 should sell their stock at around 16 and buy back until next bashing. Most people don't treat it as long term investment, and that is why the stock is so volatile.
    04-24-13 09:55 PM
    most hedge funds and day traders are stacking bbry to speculate Q10 release, I suggest any investor bought it under 14 should sell their stock at around 16 and buy back until next bashing. Most people don't treat it as long term investment, and that is why the stock is so volatile.
    That's because they don't understand the company and are trying to actively manipulate the stock. Once BBRY proves their here to stay the shorts will flock to the next target.
    Do you understand the stock? If so please fill us in on a few long term thesis as you understand them.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:34 PM
    The short interest is higest ever..10 more millions since last nums. Mind you there was one bear raid April. I asked before, said few times, shorts know something that longs do not know OR they must have some way of making money even in this condition. Longs probably making money on premiums or something..there is so much un-certainty and unknown about BBRY. If all shorts cover now then it it should hit $25 in no time.
    04-24-13 11:44 PM