Where has Cisco succeeded outside of enterprise networks and Telepresence?
    Their tablets were a disaster. They bought and then sold Linksys. Why is this a good fit?
    Surprisingly the tablets were a bigger disaster than the Playbook. Just put the word "disaster" in perspective.
    08-12-13 01:27 PM
    Stocks didn't take plunge... :|

Yahoo Finance
    08-12-13 01:46 PM
    Clearly this news is to help the stock. They did the same thing last year when the price was at 7. You people read way too much into things.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:02 PM
    This is really sad news to me. Blackberry is probably the only phone I would want, but if the company goes bust and no longer has support I don't want to own a $600 phone that will be dead.
    why not??? the people that bought a $600 playbook seem to be doin' ok,,, well, maybe not so much,,, the people, (yours truly), that bought the $150 version are probably doing a little better...
    Ragwan likes this.
    08-12-13 02:11 PM
    why not??? the people that bought a $600 playbook seem to be doin' ok,,, well, maybe not so much,,, the people, (yours truly), that bought the $150 version are probably doing a little better...
    I paid $300 for my 64gb Playbook and $100 on 3 year term for my Z10. If BB goes under I STILL have two great devices. And I really dont think I will be switching my phone until my contract is up, no matter what happens with the company. Remember, BB10 phones do not use BES/BIS so we can use them even if BB goes under.
    OldSkoolVWLover and bbmtna like this.
    08-12-13 02:39 PM
    So what if fairfax buy them they go private what does this change?? Still have to sell phones just running away from public.What makes any of this good?? In the same problems just more money??.What a mess this **** has gotten.
    Yep.......still have to "sell"......some BlackBerries.
    08-12-13 03:30 PM
    Where did you see that?

Sent from my beautiful, perfect, white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    The first time? When he typed it.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    08-12-13 03:52 PM
    Fairfax Financial Mulls Taking BBRY Private Fairfax mulls taking BlackBerry private - The Globe and Mail
    08-12-13 04:00 PM
    BB10 phones do not use BES/BIS so we can use them even if BB goes under.
    However, since signing apps goes through BB's servers you would only be able to use old apps as nobody would be able to make apps.
    08-12-13 04:56 PM
    However, since signing apps goes through BB's servers you would only be able to use old apps as nobody would be able to make apps.
    sure they could they'd just have to build them and sideload them or sell them on another app store
    08-12-13 04:58 PM
    sure they could they'd just have to build them and sideload them or sell them on another app store
    You could only run them with a debug token. I'm not sure whether debug token creation goes through their servers though.
    08-12-13 05:06 PM
    Dunno why people say "who would want to buy bbry?". Bb has some interesting patents (if i remember correctly).

Sent from my LT28h using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-13 05:23 PM
    As was said either earlier in this thread or the other threads, patent sales are out of vogue. Google overpaid dramatically for Motorola's patents, and patents are notoriously hard to value.

If they were easy to value - and worth that much - they'd be worked into the stock price.
    08-12-13 05:30 PM
    As was said either earlier in this thread or the other threads, patent sales are out of vogue. Google overpaid dramatically for Motorola's patents, and patents are notoriously hard to value.

If they were easy to value - and worth that much - they'd be worked into the stock price.
    VHC makes it their sole business to monetize patents, don't worry if these patents were worth something they still are. but you have to make an effort to monetize your patents, just ask VHC.
    08-12-13 05:45 PM

Bbry has been filing patents for 20 years. The patents have been valued at $2b-$3b.

They are not valued properly in the stock price. The patents alone can be worth $4-$6/share.

Posted via CB10
    Norg and semperfi45 like this.
    08-12-13 06:18 PM
    I hope Prem Watsa buys them out and then FIRES the incompetent clowns that drove this beautiful product into one of the worst train wrecks in business history.
    Business schools from around the world will teach the story of BB as one of caution....for years to come
    08-13-13 12:49 AM
    BB stocks were halted because they didn't want to see massive dumped stocks in 1 day?
    08-13-13 02:08 AM
    You do know that the stock was halted for less than 30 minutes..
    It traded the entire day (up, if you noticed).
    08-13-13 02:23 AM
    Blackberry management must be oblivious to the Nortel fiasco. Both one time tech giants and pioneers. Years later ran them into the ground. Nortel is long gone, Blackberry things are definitely NOT looking good even if they do get bought out.
    08-13-13 02:26 AM
    It's easy to get caught-up in all of this nonsense, but as I sit here and think about the news, and the future, all I really care about is that right now I have an amazing smartphone which serves my needs to the "T", and I have been and always will be a lover and believer in all things BlackBerry.

Whatever the future holds, none of us here can change it. We adapt to our technology - just as I adapted from my Palm Pilot IIIc to a Palm Treo to a BlackBerry 7250. I'm sure in 2-3 years we'll all be holding in our hands the next hot piece of technology, whether it be a Blacksung or Samberry or whatever the hell it is - and we'll love it because we'll ADAPT.

--Sent from my beautiful Z10
    08-13-13 07:45 AM
    Where has Cisco succeeded outside of enterprise networks and Telepresence?
    Their tablets were a disaster. They bought and then sold Linksys. Why is this a good fit?
    If nothing else, I would think Cisco would be interested in both QNX and the BES infrastructure. Being a backoffice player, adding that kind of infrastructure to their portfolio makes a lot of sense to me.
    08-13-13 07:58 AM
    It's easy to get caught-up in all of this nonsense, but as I sit here and think about the news, and the future, all I really care about is that right now I have an amazing smartphone which serves my needs to the "T", and I have been and always will be a lover and believer in all things BlackBerry.

Whatever the future holds, none of us here can change it. We adapt to our technology - just as I adapted from my Palm Pilot IIIc to a Palm Treo to a BlackBerry 7250. I'm sure in 2-3 years we'll all be holding in our hands the next hot piece of technology, whether it be a Blacksung or Samberry or whatever the hell it is - and we'll love it because we'll ADAPT.

--Sent from my beautiful Z10
    This "nonsense" relates to billions of dollars and jobs at risk.

Nonsense is the latest afternoon trash shock program.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-13 08:04 AM
    The people that bought a 600$ Playbook seem very bitter and full of rage, IMHO.

Anybody who just got a 600$ phone should be (at least a little) concrned. Look at what happened with Palm when HP folded. Millions of users out there, but the number of users dropped like a rock real quick.

The unfortunate truth is, that if BBRY gets sold or in some other way is perceived to close shop, third party support, apps, etc. will disappear real quick. Most of developers will cease development of apps and updates as soon as possible to pivot and decide where they should take their apps and skills instead.

The one little upside there is, would be that retailers will put BBRY phones and accessories into clearance sales to make room for new merchandise.
    08-13-13 08:13 AM
    The people that bought a 600$ Playbook seem very bitter and full of rage, IMHO.

Anybody who just got a 600$ phone should be (at least a little) concrned. Look at what happened with Palm when HP folded. Millions of users out there, but the number of users dropped like a rock real quick.

The unfortunate truth is, that if BBRY gets sold or in some other way is perceived to close shop, third party support, apps, etc. will disappear real quick. Most of developers will cease development of apps and updates as soon as possible to pivot and decide where they should take their apps and skills instead.

The one little upside there is, would be that retailers will put BBRY phones and accessories into clearance sales to make room for new merchandise.
    But depending on how they "Close Shop" if they do, you could end up with BB World gone and the only way to get apps being sideloading. You would like to think that they would continue support for a period but the track record is not good.
    08-13-13 08:22 AM
    This "nonsense" relates to billions of dollars and jobs at risk.

Nonsense is the latest afternoon trash shock program.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Well if you look at it from a jobs perspective, of course it's not nonsense. But for purposes of this thread, I'm referring to the technology - the product itself - the brand.
    08-13-13 08:38 AM
117 ... 2345