What does it mean that stocks trading was halted? As on they stopped ppl from buying/selling?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It is generally a sign that big news or a major announcement is going to happen and they don't want people to trade on inside information.
    In this case it confirmed what was rumored on Friday.
    08-12-13 10:21 AM
    Please don't sell out to Droid. Oh please, oh please, oh please!

Let Apple scoop you up.

We'll call the new phones, BlackApples.

Posted via CB10
    Suhailone and Carl Estes like this.
    08-12-13 10:23 AM
    Just read the official statement. With last week's talk of going private and now this, it looks like a ploy to drive shares up and buy time for the release of the Z30 and 10.2

BlackBerry is betting on round two of BB10 and hoping Apple has a hiccup with investors and consumers at the launch of the 5s and iOS7. Maybe they see Apple following BlackBerry's past a bit and are trying to capitalize.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    08-12-13 10:34 AM
    I hope it is a ploy! But, isn't this bad news for mist consumers? Bad publicity is not good publicity when you are trying to sell a product... I really hope they come up with something more... crowd appeasing soon!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 10:39 AM
    Apple should buy BBRY...then start issuing denials of service to anyone who's ever uttered or written the words "iToy" or "crapple". Or, in the ultimate "middle finger" salute to the "tools not toys" faction, turn BBRY into a purely mobile gaming platform.
    08-12-13 10:42 AM
    BlackBerry is betting on round two of BB10 and hoping Apple has a hiccup with investors and consumers at the launch of the 5s and iOS7. Maybe they see Apple following BlackBerry's past a bit and are trying to capitalize.
    Waiting for competition to fail is not a good strategy.

Especially since Apple is about to give the iPhone a fingerprint sensor (bill payments) and devices will soon be able to harvest small amounts of power, thus requiring no battery.

BlackBerry's problem is that they still think the future is in phones. How many more bricks to the head do they need?
    blueberrymerry and poiznberry like this.
    08-12-13 10:45 AM
    BlackBerry's problem is that they still think the future is in phones. How many more bricks to the head do they need?
    Agreed. Apple and Google know that the way to get an keep customers is by providing great services that work with and enhance the mobile experience. It's not just about the phone or the OS itself. It's about the other things that come along with it. A lot of stubborn BB users around here don't understand that either. They loadly profess how the Z10 is the best device ever. Problem is users that have tried other platforms aren't only comparing the Z10 to the iPhone or GS4. They are also comparing what else the platform does that will not only improve productivity, but also offer some "cool" things and do it cleanly and easily. It's not just about phones.
    08-12-13 10:56 AM
    Waiting for competition to fail is not a good strategy.

BBRY is betting on BB10, which is software. And honestly Samsung betted on Apple blinking and it did well. iOS7 just might be Apple's software blink.

08-12-13 11:00 AM
    Please don't sell out to Droid. Oh please, oh please, oh please!

Let Apple scoop you up.

We'll call the new phones, BlackApples.

Posted via CB10
    My guess would be the only company interesting in making BB hardware or using BB10 is BB. So based off of that opinion, I say you have nothing to worry about.
    08-12-13 11:03 AM
    My guess would be the only company interesting in making BB hardware or using BB10 is BB. So based off of that opinion, I say you have nothing to worry about.
    I don't think there is anyone at Google or Apple or Microsoft who has any interest in BB10 or QNX. The BB true believers have an opinion on the software that I don't think is very widely shared at all.

But Microsoft may well be interested in the BES user base, with the idea of migrating them to Win 8. That may be interesting.
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    08-12-13 11:06 AM
    BBRY is betting on BB10, which is software. And honestly Samsung betted on Apple blinking and it did well. iOS7 just might be Apple's software blink.

I disagree. I don't think Samsung betted on Apple blinking as you say. Samsung's strategy appeared to be to copy Apple to rebuild their brand recognition. Then once that was established, to then differentiate themselves then blitz the market with advertising and lots of devices. That's what worked for them. They were not sitting around waiting for apple to do anything. Whether we morally agree with tier method, they took a proactive approach towards building their brand.
    08-12-13 11:10 AM
    This is really sad news to me. Blackberry is probably the only phone I would want, but if the company goes bust and no longer has support I don't want to own a $600 phone that will be dead.
    08-12-13 11:18 AM
    Who said anything about going bust?
    08-12-13 11:20 AM
    Cart before the horse? Also, some people expect their BlackBerry to suddenly stop working as soon as the company get's bought (IF it does)
    08-12-13 11:39 AM
    Not going bust today, but it will be a hard sell to convince enterprise to use BlackBerry as a viable mobile solution.

Enterprise and feds won't take the risk.

Sent from my beautiful, perfect, white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    kbz1960, Etios, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    08-12-13 12:10 PM
    Not going bust today, but it will be a hard sell to convince enterprise to use BlackBerry as a viable mobile solution.

It is already a tough sell, but it all depends on the buyer or structure of the deal.
    Lenovo/Chinese buyer - it is the end.
    A buyer experienced at turnarounds who will make some tough calls - it could still work.

But even I don't think this signals the end.
    08-12-13 12:13 PM

I bet a Dell tie-up would be good for US enterprise / federal government: if BlackBerry became a full business unit of Dell, and thereby became an American company (after a fashion) perhaps there would be even more interest in BlackBerry (BES and handhelds).

?
    08-12-13 12:18 PM
    All I know is that my big push to keep us on BlackBerry and my stalling contracts to wait for a turn around is going to be for nothing. In the end I'm going to have to award a non BlackBerry mobile solution.

All this fight for nothing. Nerves will be raw.

08-12-13 12:22 PM
    I bet a Dell tie-up would be good for US enterprise / federal government: if BlackBerry became a full business unit of Dell, and thereby became an American company (after a fashion) perhaps there would be even more interest in BlackBerry (BES and handhelds).

?
    Good question. Dell has its own problems now. A proxy battle, lots of unwanted publicity. May not be the perfect marriage but not the worst ever.
    08-12-13 12:23 PM
    I always thought a BlackBerry-Cisco tie up would make a lot of sense. Both are big global enterprise players and in my opinion would complement each other very well.

?
    08-12-13 12:27 PM
    Where has Cisco succeeded outside of enterprise networks and Telepresence?
    Their tablets were a disaster. They bought and then sold Linksys. Why is this a good fit?
    08-12-13 12:28 PM
    Dell has other things on their plate right now. Like exploring the possibility of going Private. Battling shareholders and other things.
    08-12-13 12:39 PM
    You seem unfamiliar with leveraged buyouts

Prem is leaving because he may or may not have a conflict of interest. If the company is going up for sale, he is a very large share holder (well his company), and while they have "no immediate plans" to sell their shares, doesn't mean they wont. And it is possible Prem could want to take the company private, but that is a TON of money to invest in something that has not shown much if any return at this point.
    08-12-13 12:54 PM
    IBM possible buyer!
    08-12-13 01:06 PM
    IBM possible buyer!
    Where did you see that?

08-12-13 01:23 PM
117 12345