I was a long term shareholder and sighed some relief yesterday. Sure the bid wasn't great but the floor is now in. We still may get a better deal but that all depends on how this will play out.

Now for the good news. If and I say If ...Blackberry Private can return to our roots I think this company still may have some surprises. With all the lawsuits now with Linkedin for email and contact collecting people will wake up one day and say....I need security.

We think its NSA-proof. Its probably one of the only networks that is, and the security is so good, it takes four million years on brute compute force to hack it, so we think its a very valuable asset, said Misek.

I never purchased an Blackberry for games or weather apps, I had trust when I turned on my BIS service and was never worried about hacks or someone taking my email account over. Recently BT cancelled its relationship with Yahoo over hacking as well.

So where does this all leave us ?

Very simple...while CNBC Bloomberg and the WSJ will no longer have the energy to bash a private non listed company. Blackberry will go off into the lab and start doing what it used to do. The faster they build trust again and refocus without all the public pressure the better.

Sure most of there latest flops and mistakes have been well documented. So everyone has paid the price including shareholders, bankers and the reputation of the directors leaving a company on life support.

All eyes will now be on Apple . I seen the quote on the message board the other day....

"Apple has a huge following and like a jet at 40,000 feet with no gas, it will stay aloft for a while. But make no mistake, there is no gas left and the passengers are starting to notice."

So let's let uncle Sam Sung deal with Apple and let them fight over who has the most apps.

I am coming home Mr and Mrs Blackberry your son misses you and he forgives you...now show us what you got Mr Prem Watsa.
    09-24-13 05:20 AM
    I dont think ill ever quite understand some posters obsession, envy and jealousy in regards to Apple...
    richardat, JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    09-24-13 05:38 AM
    I agree with you, iSheep are in interesting bunch. History has been ruled by some interesting leaders ...until one day the world wakes up and says what did we do.

See you on the flip side Blackberry.
    09-24-13 06:19 AM
    All eyes will now be on Apple . I seen the quote on the message board the other day....

"Apple has a huge following and like a jet at 40,000 feet with no gas, it will stay aloft for a while. But make no mistake, there is no gas left and the passengers are starting to notice."

So let's let uncle Sam Sung deal with Apple and let them fight over who has the most apps..
    LOL! Apple shattered all the records with it sales of iPhones the last few days and you choose to ignore it.

All the Apple bashing will no do a thing to help Blackberry but I guess if it make you feel better
    09-24-13 06:25 AM
    I was a long term shareholder and sighed some relief yesterday. Sure the bid wasn't great but the floor is now in. We still may get a better deal but that all depends on how this will play out.
    The floor may not be in. There is a real likeliness that Fairfax's offer may fall through. Fairfax has no financial backing and it is unwilling to put up any more money to purchase BBRY than its current 10% holding. What Fairfax is doing is that it is trying to find a patsy (someone putting in money and not shares) to join in the consortium and there is a real chance that that investor may not come. The 9 USD/share price tag is generous.
    09-24-13 07:05 AM
    Where did I bash Apple Fanyboy ???

Sorry are you upset that Samsung will sell 320 million units....it's not about units ....as we don't (Crackberry Nation)understand Fanboys you will never understand Crackberry's addicts.

Enjoy your secure iPhone 5S iDon't care ......where can I buy iWatch and iTV......sorry I meant Galaxy Gear
    09-24-13 07:25 AM
    If you think the bid is a bluff...Hit the bid and SHORT it.

If MSFT would pay 6-8 billion for Skype either Prem is the most clever man for taking a company with billions for next to nothing.
    4.7-2.6 Billion cash = 2.1 Billion-patent sales ?... oh did we forget the real estate assets as well.

9 could get the party started.
    09-24-13 07:33 AM
    As a 'prosumer', I love my blackberry phones and have for years. All other phones are geared toward the slacker generation which is not understood by gen X. Hopefully, this deal will create an enhanced product for it's core audience. Loved this earlier post
    09-24-13 07:54 AM
    You're trying too hard OP. The best inflammatory posters make it look easy!
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    09-24-13 08:17 AM
    To the OP - I think you are confusing Blackberry with Batman. Companies like this don't go into a cave to regroup and surprise the bad guys.
    09-24-13 08:23 AM
    You're trying too hard OP. The best inflammatory posters make it look easy!
    I think he is a GREAT represenative for Blackberry!
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-13 08:25 AM
    LoL... Nice one!

To the OP - I think you are confusing Blackberry with Batman. Companies like this don't go into a cave to regroup and surprise the bad guys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-13 08:29 AM
    Still here showing your love for BBRY ?

how is the new NSA Nexus doing..
    09-24-13 11:40 AM
    As a 'prosumer', I love my blackberry phones and have for years. All other phones are geared toward the slacker generation which is not understood by gen X. Hopefully, this deal will create an enhanced product for it's core audience. Loved this earlier post
    I love how proud and quick OP is to take on a label he never heard about before the weekend. As has been observed before, inflated self confidence is one of the first symptoms of fanboy love gone wrong, when their beloved company of choice crashes and burns.

Humans have an instinctual understanding of the wisdom of crowds. And when the crowds avoid your favorite product like the plague, the time and love invested in the product sometimes leads to the psychological equivalent to blowing a fuse: Most people don't like this=I'm in the minority=They're right and I'm wrong, unless.... I AM SMARTER THAN THEM!=isheep, same sung, etc. etc.
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-13 04:55 PM
    Yawn.... how is your NSA Nexus doing...has Edward Snowden called yet ?
    09-24-13 08:58 PM
    We think its NSA-proof. Its probably one of the only networks that is, and the security is so good, it takes four million years on brute compute force to hack it, so we think its a very valuable asset, said Misek.
    Debatable:

Apparently the NSA was unable to tap into some BlackBerry devices at one point in 2009, but one memo details a 2010 breakthrough in that regard and the memo allegedly noted the success by stating "champagne!"
    NSA can reportedly access secure BlackBerry email, 'tap' other smartphones | The Verge
    09-24-13 09:43 PM