To avoid many derailments, please post your findings about competitors' STOCK below.
    Note : while apart from your favorite thread(s), this is not a safe harbor to post inflammatory or behaving differently than anywhere over our forums so ... play nice to avoid the hammer.
    Thanks !
    I have a theory about why AAPL made the iPhone SE.
    Some of you probably know there's been a truckload of analysts saying we're at peak iPhone. This must be true.
    AAPL usually releases phones in September, from what I hear. They can sell, and sell well, so they can wait. But if they're releasing a phone in March/April, then there's a red flag. They're trying to get something to sell before the 7. I've heard it's because of the 4 inch screen, but if that was the reason it would have been released with the 7 in September. So the new iPhone is proof AAPL knows something is wrong.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-07-16 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added quote after merging posts
    04-07-16 07:24 AM
    OT:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...air-practices/
    Apple sued for 55 million, accused of abusing its market power in France
    In French:
    Bercy r�clamerait 48,5 millions d'euros � Apple, High tech
    Bercy r�clamerait 48,5 millions d'euros � Apple
    http://www.lesechos.fr/journal201604...es-1211837.php
    Bercy veut faire payer Apple pour ses m�thodes muscl�es
    04-07-16 07:43 AM
    Some of you probably know there's been a truckload of analysts saying we're at peak iPhone. This must be true.
    AAPL usually releases phones in September, from what I hear. They can sell, and sell well, so they can wait. But if they're releasing a phone in March/April, then there's a red flag. They're trying to get something to sell before the 7. I've heard it's because of the 4 inch screen, but if that was the reason it would have been released with the 7 in September. So the new iPhone is proof AAPL knows something is wrong.
    1) People are keeping devices longer. Phones are at 3+ years, Tablet... much longer.
    2) High end device sales have slowed as that portion of the market isn't seeing growth like the low end still is.
    3) US Carriers dropping subsidies has changed the market. (But it seems to be flipping back, VZW let my daughter do a subsidized upgrade last month.. whereas a year ago they wouldn't let my wife).

So yes, AAPL is reacting to changing market conditions...

Only way it really compares to BBRY... Is that the STOCK is seeing adjustment to the "real value" based on the fundamentals and not on some hoped for "potential".
    04-07-16 08:00 AM
    note : this post has been displaced after merging. It is initial OP.

To avoid many derailments, please post your findings about competitors' STOCK below.
    Note : while apart from your favorite thread(s), this is not a safe harbor to post inflammatory or behaving differently than anywhere over our forums so ... play nice to avoid the hammer.
    Thanks !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-07-16 at 10:55 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-16 08:03 AM
    note : this post has been displaced after merging. It is initial OP.

Thanks !
    Strangely you misspelled avoid to 'avoir', which happens to be French

 Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-07-16 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Thanks for pointing the typo. Edited :)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-07-16 10:52 AM
    http://crackberry.com/verizon-and-go...ing-bids-yahoo

So, Marissa... bad vibes often play against the wind... like a boomerang.
    No morbid joy, just ...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:00 PM
    According to Apple, since they released the 6 and 6plus in autumn 2014, they've had people who preferred a smaller form factor holding out for an update. After the 6S and 6Splus in autumn 2015, customers continued to want a smaller form factor. Also according to Apple, last year they sold 30 Million iPhones with the 4 inch screen. I guess 5S and 5C. Anyways, they're saying that there's a big demand for the 4 inch form factor, and that's why they've brought out the 5SE.

As for why they've come out with it now rather than waiting till autumn 2016, I can only speculate. I think it's because having all their big product releases in the autumn has become more difficult to manage. Moving a few new releases to the spring lets them spread out the logistics. It also lets them get a second wind out of the same set of components - the 5SE is apparently more or less the guts of a 6S (autumn 2015) in a slightly smaller box. So six months old but still "new"

I'm sure that somehow, some way, all that can be extrapolated into 'proof' that Apple is doomed, but then Apple has been pretty consistently doomed for the past 20 or so years and they keep hanging around.
    Last edited by StephanieMaks; 04-07-16 at 06:55 PM. Reason: correction & clarification
    TGR1 and techvisor like this.
    04-07-16 06:53 PM
    As for why they've come out with it now rather than waiting till autumn 2016, I can only speculate. I think it's because having all their big product releases in the autumn has become more difficult to manage. Moving a few new releases to the spring lets them spread out the logistics.
    This seems like the most logical explanation. They have enough trouble producing devices for the flagship phones to meet initial demand. Releasing the mid-tier phone now spaces out the production schedule.
    TGR1 and techvisor like this.
    04-08-16 10:26 AM
    This seems like the most logical explanation. They have enough trouble producing devices for the flagship phones to meet initial demand. Releasing the mid-tier phone now spaces out the production schedule.
    Probably also better pricing once components supply up to peak volume and matured. SE is quite a bit cheaper than the 6 models but from what I understand Apple's margins may not be hit that badly.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-08-16 10:49 AM