View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think it was the ER that made it drop... I think it was the conference call that followed. Dropped from up over $15.35 before to $12.70 and lower during and after. I didn't catch the whole call but I believe the downward sentiment has to do with the future of service revenues. Don't quote me on that but that's what I could gather and speculate.
    There goes my profit.
    12-20-12 05:36 PM
    There goes my profit.
    Only when you sell them. Stay long and you may be OK. There is going to me lots of manipulating and messing around until after BB10 release.
    12-20-12 05:43 PM
    One helluva reversal. Didn't see that coming. Tomorrow opening bell is going to be VERY interesting.
    12-20-12 05:56 PM
    Long term I think RIM is going to be fine. (long term being 1 year to 1.5 years)
    12-20-12 05:58 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    by February it will be $20+ .....
    12-20-12 06:01 PM
    And this is how the shorts played it:

5:36 p.m. First question is about the tiering of services.

5:38 p.m. Credit Suisse analyst wants to know more about changes to the service fees.

5:39 p.m. Citi analyst asks about other mobile device management products.

5:45 p.m. Goldman Sachs analyst asks again about the services revenues, which are likely to see a decline over the next year or so.

5:48 p.m. Morgan Stanley analyst wants to know about the service contracts.

The shorts knew what the weak point would be and exploited it. We'll see how this plays out tomorrow.
    This is how they played main street, you mean... There appears to have been some sort of leaky news before the close and some stooges clearly thought the news wasn't bad and took the bait. A loss of 1M subscribers was rather predictable. The EPS number is meaningless for a single quarter so it can be made to look slightly positive or negative depending on how good the accountants are. If you read CB you know there has been talk of pressure on service fees, so it's not really a surprise but we know where it's heading... Even if the move is temporary, someone made some big cash today, and all more the reason why I stay away from plays like this.
    OMGitworks and BBNation like this.
    12-20-12 06:03 PM
    Seems to have stabilized now.... Down yes but more stable. Haven't lost anything yet so I'm still happy.
    12-20-12 06:09 PM
    sounds like a great time for me to double my holdings honestly. once january starts progressing along the stock will only go up
    12-20-12 06:50 PM
    I have enjoyed participating in this post as we have watched RIM work very hard to maintain shareholder value while getting ready to build, market, distribute and sell BB10. I am interested to read through the messaging from RIM about the last quarter and would really like to hear from the good folks who are smarter than me in the post as to how RIM continues to build cash on hand while posting quarterly losses and I assume, starting to ramp up the build of BB10. I see ways to do this, but most of them lead me to believe the 2.9 number is a bit of a straw man. By delaying the build of the BB10 stock until the last possible minute (this quarter), by getting terms from their suppliers, by selling phones to the carriers before they are actually built, there are probably a few other ways I can't think of at the moment, including some accounting strategies in the way they book revenues. By doing this they limit the draw down to the next quarter - when conceivably folks would have their focus on the BB10 launch

I thought this would be the quarter that the cash draw would begin and instead they raised it - but I don't see how. I would love to hear from the "usual suspects" in this post and see how you feel RIM is raising cash while losing money, and ramping up the build to BB10?

For the record I still like the stock and see the drop after hours as an opportunity as long as the price holds 11.75 or so - though an open through the evenings low without holding 11.75 would scare me for a move back to about 9 where I think it's a screaming buy. I don't like gaps and I don't like impulsive trading. I will be interested to see the first hour or so trading in the morning.
    coldsword likes this.
    12-20-12 07:07 PM
    WTF,i also didn't see this coming.
    It only takes 1 person to say a negative and the stock drops.
    12-20-12 07:11 PM
    You should check this out, more details on the results.... good interview ... Big T is doing a great job.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...s-call-758700/
    12-20-12 08:00 PM
    So from the BNN interview, the service fees for the existing 80 million BB7 subscribers will not change. The service fee revenue model will change for the BB10. Is there any more detail. Seems like a bit of an overreaction at the moment.
    12-20-12 08:45 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    by Jan 30th, stock will be at $20 + .....
    12-20-12 09:00 PM
    So from the BNN interview, the service fees for the existing 80 million BB7 subscribers will not change. The service fee revenue model will change for the BB10. Is there any more detail. Seems like a bit of an overreaction at the moment.
    It is an overreaction. But also an opportunity to make some serious profits. They will by back in now that it's low and it will steadily creep higher until at least January 30.
    12-20-12 09:05 PM
    You just had to know they were going to find a way to let all those "shorts" out....................
    12-20-12 09:07 PM
    You just had to know they were going to find a way to let all those "shorts" out....................
    Have shorts already re-purchased stocks at lower price? Meaning, did short-squeeze already occur? If so, shouldn't the price of stock gone up again? Last I heard (on this thread), there were 100+ M short interests. So, 100+ M repurchase of stocks should have boosted the price again? Correct?
    12-20-12 09:24 PM
    Think it's safe now. Cristal is off ice and in my mouth.
    Dude, really??? I am not saying I told you so, but.... The good news is that Cristal goes great with crow. Seriously, let's see what happens in the next few days. As I posted a few pages back, after markets and post earnings tend to overshoot both ways. RIMM's behavior is actually pretty typical and usually short term in either direction.
    12-20-12 09:35 PM
    Yes , you are correct.
    12-20-12 09:41 PM
    One helluva reversal. Didn't see that coming. Tomorrow opening bell is going to be VERY interesting.
    This had to be like the biggest reversal in history!
    Totally unexpected.
    12-20-12 09:45 PM
    Well folks. If you were looking to get in, tomorrow will be the time. Watch for the stock bottom and jump in. It can only go up from here. We don't expect any more bad news till next ER

If you're already in long, stay in. The market will correct.
    Lehomer and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-12 09:47 PM
    Well folks. If you were looking to get in, tomorrow will be the time. Watch for the stock bottom and jump in. It can only go up from here. We don't expect any more bad news till next ER

Might even see it rise in pre-market. If it closes lower tomorrow more than 2-3% on big volume there could be a problem going forward. Otherwise just blip on an uptrend, risky either way.
    12-20-12 09:57 PM

The shorts had to make a lot of noice. They were in trouble. I expect a dip and then the SP to rise and regain some lost ground. Selling would be very foolish.
    12-20-12 10:00 PM
    Can anybody please answer this:

Have shorts already re-purchased stocks at lower price? Meaning, did short-squeeze already occur? If so, shouldn't the price of stock gone up again? Last I heard (on this thread), there were 100+ M short interests. So, 100+ M repurchase of stocks should have boosted the price again? Correct?
    12-20-12 10:01 PM
    we can not tell, The volume was about 11 million after hours and there are over 113 million shorts out there so long way to go. The 113 million number as of end of november so long way to go. The shorts will keep manipulating..it comes down to good launch of bb10 and good selling of bb10. so months aways until shorts recov ers it..that is my opinion.
    12-21-12 12:28 AM
    shorts won today, they inflated prices before close and then keep exploting service revenue topic eventhough it was not bad ER or numbers. The ER was positive so they found their way to bash it down.. tomorrow and early next week will decided. The good thing is that only good news expected from here.. I think this CEO is good executer but not a good communicator. He made quite few misleading statements in the last and then next day or week corrected...just want his bnn news interview after earning
    12-21-12 12:37 AM
113,250 ... 5152535455 ...