View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yea, officially in the black today! It hasn't happened very often since I started buying in the 50s . I've accumulated a pretty decent size holding and happy to be positive. .

Congrats to everyone who is long!!!
    That's quite the average down! Congrats to you and your persistence
    Greened likes this.
    04-13-17 01:57 AM
    From an article published prior to yesterday's announcement:
    Emtek in JV talks with Alibaba, deal may see investment in Bukalapak

A JV with Emtek will enable Alibaba to leverage the BBM platform, which continues to be the most popular messaging app in Indonesia, across both iPhone and Android users. Several different reports and surveys have shown that BB commands up to a third in market share when it comes to messaging platforms in Indonesia, as well has having the highest reach among Android smartphone apps in that country, at 90%.

One of the executives quoted above pointed out that BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and Bukalapak already had a partnership called BBM Shopping that allowed users to browse products offered by Bukalapak, and make payments to complete transactions without ever leaving the app.

What has caught Alibaba’s attention is that Emtek is modelling the strategy for BBM in Indonesia in line with what China’s WeChat has successfully achieved. WeChat has now become a one-stop shop for watching video, getting celebrity updates and shopping online, and more. Currently Chinese users use WeChat to navigate their daily lives, integrating social media, payments, web browsing and messaging into a single application.

Bringing Alibaba to the table could speed up Emtek’s plan of making BBM into a platform that is similar to that of Wechat. Besides, this will also help Alibaba’s other biggest investment in this region – Lazada – crack the payments frontier.
    04-13-17 07:04 AM
    Hey Morgan, whats your scoop on Sophiris Bio? A bio stock under 5 seems risky.
    SPHS:
    All stocks are a gamble, Biotech is just one more way to leverage your money to make superior returns. The price of the stock has little to do with its prospects, in this case, the company has a successful PHIII and a PHIIA which are the hard ones to obtain. The drug ablated cancer in two patients and left over half of them in remission. The PHIIA shows us that it is safe. And so the risk on this investment is more to do with execution than the product itself. I made my money in SXC, first, and then took a chance on ACAD, it paid off, then HALO and now its SPHS. I feel I'm investing someone else's money to be honest with you. None of the funds in SPHS are needed, it is another gamble on achieving something bigger than life itself for us now. If this one pays off we can do something for society in a big way and that's how I look at the investment today. Please don't follow me into this one unless you understand the risk involved. Do your homework just like you should for any investment and see if this is right for you. Lastly, invest only what you can afford to lose and sleep at night with.

As for BBRY, I see it as a long term investment with the window now reduced to 2-years for roughly a $ 25.00 stock. I believe in Chen and the entire team at this point and will hold it until my wife tells me I did alright. It isn't without risk either so hold what makes you feel comfortable in this one too. Regarding the windfall of funds, they will have to restate their tax returns for all of those years and the adjustments are far too complicated for us to determine the outcome today. I would state again that I think the interest payment is going to be huge on that recovery as well. The interest is in fact the "penalty" for being wrong in this case and at 5 - 6% it will compound to a number that will likely offset the tax issues on the payment itself. As for how it has affected investors/BBRY, perhaps it should be said that the stock never would have dropped as low as it did if those funds had never left the company in the first instance. Just my thoughts of course. GL
    04-13-17 09:37 AM
    Car Security, anyone?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cars-da...ays-1492088402
    Car’s Data Transmitter Can Be Hacked to Take Control, Firm Says
    Argus Cyber Security said it used Bluetooth to access a common device under the dash

More details:
    https://argus-sec.com/remote-attack-...nector-dongle/

PR:
    Argus Cyber Security Working With Bosch to Promote Public Safety and Mitigate Car Hacking

About Argus:

Argus is the world's largest independent automotive cyber security company. Argus's comprehensive and proven solution suites protect connected cars and commercial vehicles against cyberattacks. With decades of experience in both cyber security and the automotive industry, Argus offers innovative security methods and proven computer networking know-how with a deep understanding of automotive best practices. Customers include car manufacturers, their Tier 1 suppliers, and aftermarket connectivity providers. Founded in 2013, Argus is headquartered in Tel-Aviv, Israel, with offices in Michigan, Silicon Valley, Stuttgart and Tokyo. Visit argus-sec.com to learn more.
    04-13-17 10:27 AM

BlackBerry is turning into a cash cow.

... again!
    Can you smell what BlackBerry is cookin'?

With all this unfortunate state of the world, BlackBerry only stands to gain ground with the directives in play.
    04-13-17 11:18 AM
    Morgan, Thanks for the great posts lately! I haven't posted in a while without anything relevant to rant about or share with everyone here but always reading and keeping up to date.

Are you still in TGTX? I sold out before the recent jump to $14+ and now it's retraced to sub $10. Seems like they will follow up their good results in TG-1101 Leukemia patients with more news with Multiple Sclerosis patients before month end (that's the rumor anyways).

Still have a nice block of SPHS awaiting an update on their recent enrollment with PIIb trials and wondering when they will commence.
    04-13-17 02:54 PM
    Your call options are the first thing I thought when I heard the news! Congratulations man, I'm glad you held on!

BlackBerry is turning into a cash cow.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, Rock! Lets just say it was a good thing no one was around to see or hear my loud and wild celebratory reaction to that news hitting the wire and halt yesterday morning. But I'm glad you understand that it was warranted. I'm sure there are plenty of guys around here who were far more deserving of that small victory considering the history of this stock. I just happened to nail the timing on this one.

So yes, that was some fantastic and surprising news but as some of you pointed out, it was a one time cash injection with no implication for increasing BlackBerry's earnings power. And as CJ and Morgan so eloquently stated, there is no material fundamental change in the investment other than the reduced risk due to a larger cash cushion. This is clear with today's stock price action. It may be related to the overall market weakness, but it seems the shorts still have control over this stock since the story hasn't changed. Still I'm shocked that the price is below $10 after that great ER and the arbitration win.

So here I stand, still holding my call option contracts that will expire next week, regretting for the second time in two weeks not selling immediately on the pop. I placed a series of limit orders each time barely above the high and the orders never filled. It worked out BIG TIME in my favor that I didn't sell right after ER, so maybe I'll have a better opportunity to unload before next Friday. Either way, it's been one hell of a ride. Let's keep the momentum going! Cheers!
    04-13-17 03:46 PM
    Morgan, Thanks for the great posts lately! I haven't posted in a while without anything relevant to rant about or share with everyone here but always reading and keeping up to date.

Are you still in TGTX? I sold out before the recent jump to $14+ and now it's retraced to sub $10. Seems like they will follow up their good results in TG-1101 Leukemia patients with more news with Multiple Sclerosis patients before month end (that's the rumor anyways).

Still have a nice block of SPHS awaiting an update on their recent enrollment with PIIb trials and wondering when they will commence.
    Thanks for the kind words, I'm out of TGTX now, rotated into more BBRY and SPHS. Glad to hear you are betting on good things for SPHS too! I'm a very patient investor and their earnings date is the end of next month. Everytime it takes a dip I step up for more. I believe Biotech will be the top gainer in the shift away from banking stocks etc., we should see the IBB Index climb above its 50-dma once and for all in the weeks ahead. Take care.
    04-13-17 05:09 PM
    S&P Dow Jones Indices Announces Changes to the S&P/TSX Canadian Indices
    2017-04-13 05:15:00 PM ET (CNW Group)

Results of the Quarterly Review of the S&P/TSX Composite Buyback and Shareholder Yield Indices

S&P Dow Jones Indices Canadian Index Operations announces the following index changes as a result of the quarterly S&P/TSX Composite Shareholder Yield and the S&P/TSX Composite Buyback Indices Reviews. These changes will be effective at the open on Monday, April 24, 2017.

S&P/TSX Composite Buyback Index April 2017 Quarterly Index Review

ADDITIONS

---

Symbol Issue Name CUSIP
    ------ ---------- -----

FFH FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD. SV 303901 10 2
    --- ---------------------------------- -----------

GWO GREAT-WEST LIFECO INC. 39138C 10 6
    --- ---------------------- -----------

PSK PRAIRIESKY ROYALTY LTD. 739721 10 8
    --- ----------------------- -----------

QBR.B QUEBECOR INC. CL 'B' SV 748193 20 8
    ----- ----------------------- -----------

SSL SANDSTORM GOLD LTD. 80013R 20 6
    --- ------------------- -----------

WTE WESTSHORE TERMINALS INVESTMENT
    CORPORATION 96145A 20 0
    --- ------------------------------- -----------

DELETIONS

---

Symbol Issue Name CUSIP
    ------ ---------- -----

CFP CANFOR CORPORATION 137576 10 4
    --- ------------------ -----------

ECI ENERCARE INC. 29269C 20 7
    --- ------------- -----------

ITP INTERTAPE POLYMER GROUP INC. 460919 10 3
    --- ---------------------------- -----------

TRP TRANSCANADA CORPORATION 89353D 10 7
    --- ----------------------- -----------

S&P/TSX Composite Shareholder Yield Index April 2017 Quarterly Index Review

ADDITIONS

---

Symbol Issue Name CUSIP
    ------ ---------- -----

AIM AIMIA INC. 00900Q 10 3
    --- ---------- -----------

ALA ALTAGAS LTD. 021361 10 0
    --- ------------ -----------

AX.UN ARTIS REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST
    UNITS 04315L 10 5
    ----- ----------------------------------- -----------

BTE BAYTEX ENERGY CORP. 07317Q 10 5

BB BLACKBERRY LIMITED 09228F 10 3
    --- ------------------ -----------

GUY GUYANA GOLDFIELDS INC. J 403530 10 8
    --- ------------------------ -----------

PJC.A JEAN COUTU GROUP (PJC) INC. (THE) CL
    'A' SV 47215Q 10 4
    ----- ------------------------------------- -----------

LIF LABRADOR IRON ORE ROYALTY CORPORATION 505440 10 7
    --- ------------------------------------- -----------

NFI NEW FLYER INDUSTRIES INC. 64438T 40 1
    --- ------------------------- -----------

NVU.UN NORTHVIEW APARTMENT RL EST INVESTMENT
    TR UN 667185 10 2
    ------ ------------------------------------- -----------

NVA NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. 67072Q 10 4

SSL SANDSTORM GOLD LTD. 80013R 20 6

TRI THOMSON REUTERS CORPORATION 884903 10 5
    --- --------------------------- -----------

X TMX GROUP LIMITED 87262K 10 5
    --- ----------------- -----------

DELETIONS

Sorry gang for the confusion, BB added. Cheers mate!

---
    04-13-17 06:39 PM
    That's quite the average down! Congrats to you and your persistence
    Lol. Thanks!
    04-13-17 06:56 PM
    Go leafs go!
    04-13-17 07:04 PM
    SPHS:
    All stocks are a gamble, Biotech is just one more way to leverage your money to make superior returns. The price of the stock has little to do with its prospects, in this case, the company has a successful PHIII and a PHIIA which are the hard ones to obtain. The drug ablated cancer in two patients and left over half of them in remission. The PHIIA shows us that it is safe. And so the risk on this investment is more to do with execution than the product itself. I made my money in SXC, first, and then took a chance on ACAD, it paid off, then HALO and now its SPHS. I feel I'm investing someone else's money to be honest with you. None of the funds in SPHS are needed, it is another gamble on achieving something bigger than life itself for us now. If this one pays off we can do something for society in a big way and that's how I look at the investment today. Please don't follow me into this one unless you understand the risk involved. Do your homework just like you should for any investment and see if this is right for you. Lastly, invest only what you can afford to lose and sleep at night with.

As for BBRY, I see it as a long term investment with the window now reduced to 2-years for roughly a $ 25.00 stock. I believe in Chen and the entire team at this point and will hold it until my wife tells me I did alright. It isn't without risk either so hold what makes you feel comfortable in this one too. Regarding the windfall of funds, they will have to restate their tax returns for all of those years and the adjustments are far too complicated for us to determine the outcome today. I would state again that I think the interest payment is going to be huge on that recovery as well. The interest is in fact the "penalty" for being wrong in this case and at 5 - 6% it will compound to a number that will likely offset the tax issues on the payment itself. As for how it has affected investors/BBRY, perhaps it should be said that the stock never would have dropped as low as it did if those funds had never left the company in the first instance. Just my thoughts of course. GL
    Hi Morgan,

How are you doing, long time no chat. Hope all is well and nice to see a few familiar names. I have been busy with venture of getting into craft beer business in Asia. That and the family has occupied a lot of time. Have not been trading much but I do still hold a bit of PSDV since. Wanted to get your take on it, as I recall they have licensed their p2 to Pfizer and other products are in P3. If I'm not mistaken, I need to do some catch but catalyst are coming for them.

Your thoughts on PSDV is greatly appreciated and will check in here and there whenever time permits.

Until then, take care.

M.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    04-13-17 09:15 PM
    Hi Morgan,

How are you doing, long time no chat. Hope all is well and nice to see a few familiar names. I have been busy with venture of getting into craft beer business in Asia. That and the family has occupied a lot of time. Have not been trading much but I do still hold a bit of PSDV since. Wanted to get your take on it, as I recall they have licensed their p2 to Pfizer and other products are in P3. If I'm not mistaken, I need to do some catch but catalyst are coming for them.

Your thoughts on PSDV is greatly appreciated and will check in here and there whenever time permits.

Until then, take care.

M.
    Hey abouthsu !!!

Long time no posting from you! I'm hanging in there, going for head surgery in May, hope its the last one as they aren't as much fun as they appear to be.

As for PSDV, I hold a big block of it, Biotech has been weak for some time now, this one is a tiny micro cap stock and no one except us know about it. I still think that someone will purchase this company, excellent management, their products can completely restore sight, a very small float so everything is perfect for it to be purchased. I often say that I don't like to see all of my investments going up at the same time as I like to rotate into lower priced plays all the time. With PSDV, there isn't that much information readily available and their revenue stream isn't ramped up enough to be their driver. The other issue is that their treatment is so cost effective that revenues aren't steep enough to get excited about. It is my belief that their patents and drug delivery system are where the true value is, I would think that it would be possible to branch out into cancer delivery solutions with this process as well. So for those reasons I like the stock and think that Pfizer will have to take it out. I have no clue when this will occur so I'll continue to buy it on weakness and one day I'll be surprised. That's the plan!

Nice story about your business, I could get behind something like that myself. Take care.
    cjcampbell, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    04-14-17 11:28 AM
    Last Thursday's PR:
    https://blog.bbm.com/2017/04/12/emte...joint-venture/
    Emtek Group and Ant Financial Entered Strategic Partnership Through a Payment Joint Venture
    04-15-17 08:36 AM
    04-15-17 09:36 AM
    Hey abouthsu !!!

Long time no posting from you! I'm hanging in there, going for head surgery in May, hope its the last one as they aren't as much fun as they appear to be.

As for PSDV, I hold a big block of it, Biotech has been weak for some time now, this one is a tiny micro cap stock and no one except us know about it. I still think that someone will purchase this company, excellent management, their products can completely restore sight, a very small float so everything is perfect for it to be purchased. I often say that I don't like to see all of my investments going up at the same time as I like to rotate into lower priced plays all the time. With PSDV, there isn't that much information readily available and their revenue stream isn't ramped up enough to be their driver. The other issue is that their treatment is so cost effective that revenues aren't steep enough to get excited about. It is my belief that their patents and drug delivery system are where the true value is, I would think that it would be possible to branch out into cancer delivery solutions with this process as well. So for those reasons I like the stock and think that Pfizer will have to take it out. I have no clue when this will occur so I'll continue to buy it on weakness and one day I'll be surprised. That's the plan!

Nice story about your business, I could get behind something like that myself. Take care.
    Thanks M.

Like you noted, the co is heading in the right direction. SP may likely swing between these range until closer to news. Strong support where it bounced a few times in the 1.68 range. Holding and hope to be surprised someday, Also Best wish to your surgery in May.

M.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    04-15-17 10:51 AM
    SPHS:

Hey Morgan, I see SPHS dipped from like 20 bucks to 2.50 now. What was the reason for that price drop?
    04-16-17 03:58 PM
    New forums look nice. Now how about a little TLC from TLC and they give us a release date for the KEYone.
    rarsen likes this.
    04-16-17 04:23 PM
    OT: News on Ant Financial which recently teamed up with Emtek
    China's Ant Financial raises offer for MoneyGram to $1.2 billion | Reuters
    rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-16-17 09:28 PM
    Encountering self-driving cars in California is a daily occurrence for those living around Silicon Valley. Apple has become the 30th company to be granted a testing permit.
    Among the stipulations for approval is the requirement to regularly report back statistics on the performance of the technology - including how often humans have to intervene when the computer gets it wrong.
    Apple's competitors have already been testing autonomous vehicles. Last year Waymo - a company spun out of Google's self-driving programme - clocked up 635,868 miles in California. Statistics showed a human had to step in on average once every 5,000 miles of driving.
    Number of times I've heard it suggested that BlackBerry should relocate "some" of their R&D.....
    rarsen likes this.
    04-17-17 12:00 PM
    Some good attention to BlackBerry on Bloomberg :

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/black...004830499.html

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 05:18 AM
    Alex Thurber‏ @Alex_Thurber

Leaving @flypdx for Duesseldorf. A week with the @BlackBerry Secusmart team -- secure voice comms for government and enterprises.

7:28 AM - 17 Apr 2017
    04-18-17 09:19 AM
    OT for those interested in reading from the Security files:

A Russian hacker has created his own 'starter pack' ransomware service | ZDNet
    Ransomware rocketed during 2016, costing consumers and business more than $1 billion during the year.

NSA's arsenal of Windows hacking tools have leaked | ZDNet
    04-18-17 10:17 AM
    Hi guys,
    sorry for the long blackout, there has been a few storms in the business area here, had to fix it first ...
    So, I went to my BBRY account today and noticed I'm in the green (+0.97%) for the very first time in ... years; that's good news anyway I see it !
    Thanks Corbu, Morgan (among others) for all the super valuable info you continue to inject here; this thread is far more than the one-stop BBRY ...
    Will be back, now I should be able to find some hours to share and discuss.

Cheers
    SF
    04-18-17 10:52 AM
    Thanks Corbu, Morgan (among others) for all the super valuable info you continue to inject here; this thread is far more than the one-stop BBRY ...
    SF
    I can only echo what Superfly says. I didn't read this thread for the longest time (because the title annoyed me), but since the posts had reached an crazy level I just had to check it out. Some of the more recent posts on here (especially by Morgan) have been some of the most compelling and informative things I have read on CB. Ever.

And I'm also in the green with BBRY, although currency effects have come to my aid in addition to the recent rise in the share price.

Posted via CB10
    (edited color)
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 04-20-17 at 01:24 AM.
    04-18-17 12:07 PM
113,256 ... 40644065406640674068 ...