View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It looks like BB tanking and single digit before earning won't be surprised. This thing is manipulated to death and BB maagment is not doing anything about it. Their original plan might have been which was annouced months ago that release on Jan 30th along with US and the rest of world, sell close to 2 mil units in Feb earning, beat the shorts and move on..Looks like that plan did not go well and giving enough to kill this thing. My bet is that it will see $12 sooner than we thought..
    fedakd likes this.
    02-20-13 02:42 PM
    In my small town of ~3000 people there are 3 phone stores (Bell, Rogers and Telus) plus a Wally-World.

Where I got mine at Bell store they sold out their initial order of 40 phones on day 1. Has been trying to get more in since then.
    Well... 4 outlets for 3,000 peeps, and 40 phones at one outlet certainly shows my estimate of 212,000 retail sales could be conservative!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-20-13 02:47 PM
    I have been a long term holder of BB shares and will cotinue holding on and adding more when I can. I believe in this company and I am comfortable investing in them. With that being said when I see these SHORT time slides being caused so the SHORT sellers can proffit it really bothers me. I don't want to see them win. Does that make me a bad person?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-20-13 02:51 PM
    It looks like BB tanking and single digit before earning won't be surprised. This thing is manipulated to death and BB maagment is not doing anything about it. Their original plan might have been which was annouced months ago that release on Jan 30th along with US and the rest of world, sell close to 2 mil units in Feb earning, beat the shorts and move on..Looks like that plan did not go well and giving enough to kill this thing. My bet is that it will see $12 sooner than we thought..
    Closed at $13.24 on Valentines Day, 6 days ago. Be cool. There will be money to be made.
    02-20-13 02:52 PM
    I have been a long term holder of BB shares and will cotinue holding on and adding more when I can. I believe in this company and I am comfortable investing in them. With that being said when I see these SHORT time slides being caused so the SHORT sellers can proffit it really bothers me. I don't want to see them win. Does that make me a bad person?
    Quite the opposite actually.
    02-20-13 02:54 PM
    Remember the days when you used to "invest" in a Company? Then Business Schools started churning out the greed tribe. Now it's all about greed and instant gratification and f**k everybody else.
    Corbu likes this.
    02-20-13 02:55 PM
    I'm gonna take a guess and say that not many enterprise upgrade numbers will be reflected in the next ER. I do not think many enterprises upgraded right away and from a personal perspective, my place of work is not upgrading till later in the year (big 5 Canadian bank).
    Maybe, maybe not. One of my friends works for a company with ~5500 employees, and they have already started upgrading--he was able to order his Z10 Jan31, the day after the launch.
    02-20-13 02:56 PM
    Looks like a crap day on the markets, most stuff down. BBRY (or BB on TSX) doing pretty bad, looks like we are outside of the channel. If we close this way I hope for a bounce back inside, but if not and we have broken the channel this isn't good.
    The channel has been broken multiple times already. Furthermore, the upper bounds of the channel hasn't been hit for a long time. Some individuals are merely brushing up on their missteps by claiming "market manipulation!" or "biased media!" In all likeliness, the channel never existed.

EDIT: I am neither suggesting share prices will increase nor decrease. A violation of the channel merely suggests that investment decisions, such as price targets by a certain date, should not be based on the channel.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 02-20-13 at 03:37 PM.
    02-20-13 03:06 PM
    does this mean we've left the channel?
    I was thinking that the HFM and shorts saw what we all saw and realized that we saw it. so they changed the algorithms to screw with us..
    02-20-13 03:07 PM
    I'm from Ontario, Canada.
    I don't kow how much my observations play on the bigger picture as RIM 's home is from the same Country and province.
    Go peek in the window and tell us what the heck is going on in there! hahaha
    02-20-13 03:20 PM
    02-20-13 04:09 PM
    Add enterprise clients to that, my company pucrchased 10 phones for testing. Once testing is done we will be replacing 200 bbs with new ones, z10 or q10
    Great job here. I only have one question - where did you get your source data for the # of stores for each carrier?
    02-20-13 04:22 PM
    While he shouldn't necessarily have any greater credibility than anyone else, particularly due to conflict of interest, Niko from N4BB posted about the ridiculousness of Cannacord downgrade and statements. Don't Believe Everything You Hear; BlackBerry Z10 Sales Are Going Strong - N4BB

He later replied to some comments with this little ditty:

"Niko Posts: 67 Δ ☮ ‡
    5:06PM
    Lance i am really sorry i was asked not to give specific numbers. But i can assure you its more than 300k. I totally understand if you don't believe me. I Appreciate the comment!"

Flag • Insightful Disagree Agree Dislike 1Like WTF Awesome LOL •
    Acumenight and zyben like this.
    02-20-13 04:53 PM
    02-20-13 05:06 PM
    Morgan, any insights this evening?
    02-20-13 05:24 PM
    I think the 300,000 figure has to be BS. If it is for real, it would likely be due to supply constraints. CNBC specifically asked Thor about any supply restraints and he said there would be none. If there are, then management should be shot for not believing in their product at launch. They need to restock stores, I hope they have inventory on hand to do so. I have to believe the number is going to 750,000 or more. I know I sound like a broken record but they really need to announce a US launch date and some preliminary, firm numbers to shoot down the 300,000 figure....
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-20-13 05:38 PM
    I think the 300,000 figure has to be BS. If it is for real, it would likely be due to supply constraints. CNBC specifically asked Thor about any supply restraints and he said there would be none. If there are, then management should be shot for not believing in their product at launch. They need to restock stores, I hope they have inventory on hand to do so. I have to believe the number is going to 750,000 or more. I know I sound like a broken record but they really need to announce a US launch date and some preliminary, firm numbers to shoot down the 300,000 figure....
    On BlackBerry, Misek said initial Z10 sales have not been as bad as many feared and recent launches in France, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Kuwait have gone well. In the UK 20%+ of Carphone Warehouse phones are out of stock based on Tuesday night checks. "We raise Feb Q estimates from $2.5B/$(0.42) to $2.8B/$(0.34) after including 500K BB10 shipments but remain slightly below St $2.9B/$(0.33). We note consensus estimates have decreased over the last six weeks. We remain well above St for the May Q and Aug Q (we estimate 4M BB10 sales at a $600 ASP and 30% GM in each quarter) but reiterate that it is not just about the phone. We continue to see software opportunities in mobile device management and BYOD to drive value." The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $19.50 on BBRY.
    02-20-13 06:00 PM
    If it dips below 13.35 and, then yes start worrying, but as long as it holds above 13.35 this week then the uptrend is still in place. 14 is a major fighting ground right now.
    02-20-13 06:10 PM
    qnx on ps4, don't see why it wouldnt be a great idea. It would be a good choice for sony and for our stock price. But, who knows? I can say that the ps4 is looking to be an even more solid piece of equipment in the future than it is now, and qnx would be a good move for them. But I doubt they would look for that much robustness in a gaming system. IMO
    02-20-13 07:10 PM
    If it dips below 13.35 and, then yes start worrying, but as long as it holds above 13.35 this week then the uptrend is still in place. 14 is a major fighting ground right now.
    If it does that tomorrow, I'm going to see what the 14 strikes are going for that expire on Friday.
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-20-13 08:31 PM
    Line in South Africa on launch day. Who was saying there's no demand again?
    https://twitter.com/NegatronDev/stat...483266/photo/1
    02-20-13 08:37 PM
    Line in South Africa on launch day. Who was saying there's no demand again?
    https://twitter.com/NegatronDev/stat...483266/photo/1
    Now THAT'S a lineup!
    02-20-13 08:41 PM
    The markup on some of the longer term calls were pretty nice today, for those interested in lower risk options. For example, the 13 strike Jan 2014 calls were at about $3.70. I'll typically stick to more quickly expiring calls, myself, though
    02-20-13 09:29 PM
    It apears to me that that the Z10 is being launched everywhere around the world accept the US. Since the Z10 increases your production and keeps you moving will that give the illusion that the States have become stagnent and non-productive. Maybe Blackberry should consider leaving the NASDAQ before that market colapses hahaha. With all kidding aside does anyone know what options are available to a company like Blackberry to leave markets and move around to other markets or to consolidate down to just one market. Are there any strategic advantages to do something like that.
    02-20-13 09:31 PM
    I read somewhere that BB is cranking out about 3M phones / month in production. Can anyone confirm or post a link?
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    02-20-13 09:34 PM
113,256 ... 230231232233234 ...